Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #150735 : I Am the Flashing C64 Cursor +D
2016-10-04 03:42
hedning

Release id #150735 : I Am the Flashing C64 Cursor +D

The "discussion" in the comments section escalated quickly, so it was moved here, where it kind of belongs. The comment section should be about the release itself only, not the game that was cracked or philosophy about what should be released or not.

User Comment
Submitted by Jazzcat [PM] on 4 October 2016
Whilst the heart of the release group might be in the right place. I think this might be a bit too much also (I respect we have our own ideas on what we should release and not release, with our own reasons).

I agree that a lot of people are unfortunately (in my view) favourable on this style (albeit people not from the cracking scene); I am curious on people *in* or have been in the cracking scene and their views, will they be as supportive? Possibly people do not want to rock the boat and keep their thoughts to themselves?

This could be a broader discussion for the forums: e.g. releasing games made by members of own group, releasing CSDb games (when and when not to). Releasing games code in Basic etc. Of course people can do what they want. We all have made errors in judgement, but how to get the quality/baseline tradition back?

I guess such a forum blog would be difficult, people may want to piss on each others shoes etc rather than getting back to oldschool (whatever that used to be).

Anyway, hoping not to have a heated discussion but a healthy debate.

User Comment
Submitted by Fungus [PM] on 4 October 2016
This is not a "discussion" I am making a comment on the quality of this game and this release. It is my opinion, if you don't like it tough shit.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 3 October 2016
I don't agree, of course. It's a unique meta level take, and a cool nerdy game. But this "discussion" should move to the forum instead if you would like to continue. It seems more people are liking it, so your view is not universal, quite the opposite. If you have more to say about what we should do and not, please send a PM and I can ignore it in peace without disturbing the rest of the population.

User Comment
Submitted by Fungus [PM] on 3 October 2016
I don't need to read the fucking manual, this is shit and not worthy of releasing.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 3 October 2016
rtfm ;)

User Comment
Submitted by Fungus [PM] on 3 October 2016
This isn't even worthy of dinasours. Is this what the scene has come to? You should be ashamed of releasing this.

... 52 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2016-10-05 17:41
hedning

<Post edited by hedning on 5/10-2016 19:46>

Pmaker: In my opinion CSDb needs to be more attractive for archivers, uploaders and people that work with the database in one way or another - filling up with credits, checking uploads, fix problems etc.

If it's less attractive to inproductive chatters, drama-makers, whiners and trolls would perhaps make it more attractive for the first people I mentioned above.
2016-10-05 17:46
Moloch

Quoting Peacemaker
make csdb less attractive for people, lets disable comments

Then people need to start using comments the way Perff intended them to be used - not for ongoing discussion.

When they don't follow this SIMPLE rule and get censored - they whine, bitch, and claim a RAWR RAGEQUIT!!!1 unless their comments are restored.
2016-10-05 20:54
Jazzcat

So is 'I do not like this crack' and acceptable comment by the moderators standards?

Open for discussion is to reduce points for smaller releases too? I mean some of this stuff barely compares against a standard game "preview" :)
2016-10-05 20:56
chatGPZ

Quote:
Abandon the cracker scene

fixed it
2016-10-05 22:31
Smasher

Abandon the Internet, return to snail mail trading and dial-up BBS.
2016-10-05 22:32
Fungus

Rage Quit over comments, lol nice one.

The comments are useless except to heap praise, hate or other opinions on a release. They aren't used for anything else, and can always be considered a "discussion". I don't know what Perff intended them to be for, maybe you could elaborate on it so we can stick to your "rules" whatever they are.

It seems to me all you want is a circle jerk of praise no matter the quality of any release so as not to hurt the feelings of any of the delicate flowers. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it and I'm not the only one either.
2016-10-05 22:57
Moloch

Quoting Fungus
Rage Quit over comments, lol nice one

You can laugh about it, but we've had a few people here get pissed because their off-topic ramblings were cleaned from an entry and then they threaten things like ...

"I'm going to take my disks and never log in again!!1"
"Fuck you guys, come and fight me!!1"
"I'm asking if it's possible that you don't ever touch any comments or votes in any releases from me or from my group without first discussing with me"

etc. etc.

Some of these people are quite well known sceners that don't seem to understand - CSDb isn't their playground, the rules apply to them, and the moderation will continue when warranted no matter how much they rant.

As for the rules, they've been posted for years and years and with a few clicks anyone can find them from the menu at the top of the page.
2016-10-05 23:22
Smasher

uhmmmz, I think I could recognize the style in one of those quotes...
the advice to read and understand the rules is good, for both users and mods :)
2016-10-05 23:32
Moloch

The moderators already have these sort of discussions from time to time.
2016-10-06 01:34
Jazzcat

The moderators also make mistakes from time to time also.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
TheRyk/MYD!
Smasher/F4CG
da Blondie/Resource
kbs/Pht/Lxt
the mad-zap/Royal Cr..
Krill/Plush