Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #161041 : Sam's Journey +D
2017-12-25 07:52
alwyz

Release id #161041 : Sam's Journey +D

Well, in quick testing with an reu-less NTSC machine, it seems to playtest just fine on the first few screens, save for a few small occasional screen scroll glitches that aren't a hinderence to gameplay. So, I'm wondering why the REU is needed for the NTSC machine, and what areas of the PAL version of the game are completely unplayable on NTSC?

... 32 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2017-12-25 10:56
Biz Kid

There are no downloads because:
Commercial game - support the developers!

Compared to most other games that are not ??

I guess piracy has left the scene =)
2017-12-25 11:25
jailbird

Quoting BizKid
There are no downloads because:
Commercial game - support the developers!

Compared to most other games that are not ??

I guess piracy has left the scene =)

It's just a half-assed protection on CSDb's accountability. Those who want to support the game and get a nice collector's version with the box, the cartridge, the tidbits and the goodies, will buy the game. Whilst those who don't give a fuck, just want to check out game's look&feel first hand and then forget it for good, or think that the price is unreasonably high, will get the game from other sources anyway. I strongly doubt that a condescending remark instead of a download link will convince the latter ones to buy the game.

Can't agree more with ZeSmasher. I'd be more than willing/happy to give a few bucks for the legal digital copy of the game in a "pay as much you feel the stuff worths" purchase system.
But this way, I'll just pirate it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the same.
2017-12-25 11:28
Biz Kid

I couldn't agree more Jailbird!
2017-12-25 12:43
Knight Rider

I pre ordered the game right at the start. I didn't even get my download link so far. I got my down load "elsewhere". i played the game and was abit disappointed. i am no hardened gamer so I was stuck on the 2nd screen. I retried about 4 or 5 times and gave up. quite alot of money for so little entertainment.
2017-12-25 12:57
Holy Moses

I can understand both sides.

There´re so much new things for the 64 - no matter if soft- or hardware - like ever.

Let´s reward it.
2017-12-25 13:04
hedning

Quote: I pre ordered the game right at the start. I didn't even get my download link so far. I got my down load "elsewhere". i played the game and was abit disappointed. i am no hardened gamer so I was stuck on the 2nd screen. I retried about 4 or 5 times and gave up. quite alot of money for so little entertainment.

You have to log in to Protovisions site to get the download link.

And of course they can take whatever price they want, they own the game, regardless of your views. And you guys can download it from the boards or get a link, or the files from someone. I think it's worth it. I bought the cartridge, as I am collecting these games. They spent a lot of time making this game, and what they make on it can never pay for what that time was worth. Go Protovision!
2017-12-25 13:11
chatGPZ

Quote:
I wanted to buy the original and support the developers and the retro scene in general, but I saw that insane prize so I skipped.

dont be silly.

as for the download link IMHO csdb should do two things: a) all and every entry must have a download link, no exceptions b) whipe all the firstrelease nonsense from csdb completely and add the entries only 6 months or so after release. all problems solved.
2017-12-25 15:19
Jammer

ZeSmasher: There's also digital download of Sam's Journey at much lower price if you're such a thrifter :P
2017-12-25 15:26
chatGPZ

or you could do what i do with most games - just wait a bit and the price will go down. i know, patience is a lost art for most people, but please spare us those retarded excuses.
2017-12-25 15:29
nomistake

can you guys even imagine how much work there was creating the game? also creating the boxes, copying the disk and assembling the cartridges, putting labels on them and flashing each eeprom with a standard c64 takes a long time! also this is done by people who don't work for big companies with industrial equipment yet the quality of the product is comparable and it definitely has a way higher standard than the games from the past! if you are really interested in the game, then please buy it!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Sokratekk
Matt
hedning/G★P
Majikeyric
Freeze/Blazon
Didi/Laxity