Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD
2018-08-02 23:35
hedning

Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD

Moved the discussion to the place for discussions. :)

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Backup board is invoked if one of the main boards is down during the whole 24h. How would it make sense otherwise? If Reflections was down one hour 03 in the morning just when you tried to upload your crack, the rest of the groups wouldn't notice, and lose just because one board was down for some time during the 24h. 24h rule must mean 24h. If one board is gone for 24h, the backup board goes into effect. That is logical to me. Especially as the race isn't over until 24h have passed.

If two or three (our four?) boards all have hickups during the 24h you mean there are no boards to be counted? Your view of the rules does not make sense. I will count the boards and the releases after 24h have passed. That will show who won the race.

User Comment
Submitted by Jazzcat [PM] on 2 August 2018
We were first on all boards and sites initially. During that time both Antidote and The Hidden were down, according to the rules, the backup site RapidFire is then invoked and we were first there (and Reflections) thus we were first on the majority of boards using the 24 hour rule. Regards. Note: you cannot re-invoke downed boards. When they are down, backup is in play.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Antidote and The Hidden were down for some time, but came up within the counted 24h when we tried to upload our crack, and we were able to be first on both. We also went with Reflections and the backup BBS Rapidfire, even if the latter is a bit redundant, as we already were first on 2 out of 3 counted boards within the counted 24h. Cheers!

... 144 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-08-08 13:23
Jazzcat

Quote: Seriously, stay off the Kool Aid.

After several PMs with Jazzcat, I'm nowhere.

1) he says that the G*P version is a preview/beta;

2) he says that the ONS version is a 100% version.

How in the hell can both of these things be true...?

Seriously, decide what you want and stick to it .. do you want to label G*P's version as a preview? Or for Onslaught's to be a 100% fix? Why not claim an NTSC fix at the same time? And that you wrote the game? I mean, RGCD did everything - but if you're claiming the fix that they did is Onslaughts, you might as well take credit for everything else ;-)

What next.. he'll be cracking Uncensored (Booze demo), fixing a glitch in it (if there is one) and asking for their version to be marked as a beta ;-)

their version is not first. not even on this db (i even uploaded their delayed beta for them lol). i am sticking with that.

have a nice day. :)
2018-08-08 13:26
hedning

Quote: their version is not first. not even on this db (i even uploaded their delayed beta for them lol). i am sticking with that.

have a nice day. :)

That was because I want to do the boards first, and then upload to CSDb. I was able to upload to all boards, you were not. Perhaps because you were busy clicking "first release" on your version before the 24h passed. ;)
2018-08-08 13:30
Jazzcat

Quote: That was because I want to do the boards first, and then upload to CSDb. I was able to upload to all boards, you were not. Perhaps because you were busy clicking "first release" on your version before the 24h passed. ;)

well, as mentioned we can just agree to disagree. can see no more traction is being made here for quite some time. cheers.
2018-08-08 13:31
Jazzcat

oh on the beta marking as preview: Retaliate Preview +2
2018-08-08 13:39
hedning

Quote: oh on the beta marking as preview: Retaliate Preview +2

Oh, yes, in that case it was named that by the coder as well (besides being a real preview, i.e.not finished). In Yoomps case it was a complete game version that was sent in that we released. The Restore-bugfix does not affect the game in any way. Cheers.
2018-08-08 13:48
Raistlin

After yet more PM's (Admins are welcome to read them), Jazzcat now says:-

- G*P version is a beta
- only difference is the RESTORE bug
- ONS version is a 100% fix of the release version

?!?!?

These 3 things don't go together ...

I'm out. The guy's drunk, seriously... and I have a life beyond this thread. I hope.
2018-08-08 13:55
Jazzcat

Quote: After yet more PM's (Admins are welcome to read them), Jazzcat now says:-

- G*P version is a beta
- only difference is the RESTORE bug
- ONS version is a 100% fix of the release version

?!?!?

These 3 things don't go together ...

I'm out. The guy's drunk, seriously... and I have a life beyond this thread. I hope.

just to correct only difference is restore. no i did not say that. and ons version is the only 100% crack of the final build. and no, i am not drunk. thanks for the chat, have a nice day!
2018-08-08 14:08
Smasher

as said before I'm afraid the long discussions about: a) who was first? - b) is GP version final? - will never end and none will take a single step back. well, since we live on a planet with bigger problems like global warming and world hunger if a) + b) will stay unsolved that should not a big issue I guess.
now my suggestion is to go with c) how to improve the 24h / bbs down rule and agree on its interpretation? so we won't see the same discussion on a future release again.
2018-08-08 14:13
Jazzcat

Quote: as said before I'm afraid the long discussions about: a) who was first? - b) is GP version final? - will never end and none will take a single step back. well, since we live on a planet with bigger problems like global warming and world hunger if a) + b) will stay unsolved that should not a big issue I guess.
now my suggestion is to go with c) how to improve the 24h / bbs down rule and agree on its interpretation? so we won't see the same discussion on a future release again.

hi, agree on clarifying. also discussed with Bordeaux the same. we will go over the rules and build out any areas not worded clearly enough so that people can enjoy the race.
2018-08-08 15:34
chatGPZ

btw, if those massive changes are infact a table of random numbers - chances are they change the gameplay significantly. not obvious for some perhaps, but its certainly the case. this is pretty much why you usually want to use a predictable proper random generator that always spits out the exact same sequence for the same seed. this weird random number feature in kickass is really a bad bad BAD idea for the same reason, the behaviour of your entire program changes randomly every time you compile it. good luck debugging and testing this properly :)
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iAN CooG/HVSC
lA-sTYLe/Quantum
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Rutterkin
iceout/Avatar/HF
Black/Angels