Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD
2018-08-02 23:35
hedning

Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD

Moved the discussion to the place for discussions. :)

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Backup board is invoked if one of the main boards is down during the whole 24h. How would it make sense otherwise? If Reflections was down one hour 03 in the morning just when you tried to upload your crack, the rest of the groups wouldn't notice, and lose just because one board was down for some time during the 24h. 24h rule must mean 24h. If one board is gone for 24h, the backup board goes into effect. That is logical to me. Especially as the race isn't over until 24h have passed.

If two or three (our four?) boards all have hickups during the 24h you mean there are no boards to be counted? Your view of the rules does not make sense. I will count the boards and the releases after 24h have passed. That will show who won the race.

User Comment
Submitted by Jazzcat [PM] on 2 August 2018
We were first on all boards and sites initially. During that time both Antidote and The Hidden were down, according to the rules, the backup site RapidFire is then invoked and we were first there (and Reflections) thus we were first on the majority of boards using the 24 hour rule. Regards. Note: you cannot re-invoke downed boards. When they are down, backup is in play.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Antidote and The Hidden were down for some time, but came up within the counted 24h when we tried to upload our crack, and we were able to be first on both. We also went with Reflections and the backup BBS Rapidfire, even if the latter is a bit redundant, as we already were first on 2 out of 3 counted boards within the counted 24h. Cheers!

... 144 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-08-06 12:52
Tim
Account closed

Quote: Apart from the GP version NOT being the first release (first on the majority of counted boards by several hours) there is another point that is obvious to some.

The GP version is based on a PREVIEW of the game. The files MAIN, ESQ and MNU are clearly from the game beta version and NOT the final release of the game. With this in mind, the GP version should be marked as a preview.

If anyone wants further evidence of this please drop me a PM.

oh that spices things up.. I'll grab some popcorn :)
2018-08-06 13:09
chatGPZ

Quote:
but by not participating at all doesn't make Mayday a player that is objecting the way we count points.

that makes no sense. they DO release cracks afterall.

someone might just start a list that counts other places and ignores the BBSs, then both sides can point fingers at the other =P
2018-08-06 15:35
hedning

Quote: Apart from the GP version NOT being the first release (first on the majority of counted boards by several hours) there is another point that is obvious to some.

The GP version is based on a PREVIEW of the game. The files MAIN, ESQ and MNU are clearly from the game beta version and NOT the final release of the game. With this in mind, the GP version should be marked as a preview.

If anyone wants further evidence of this please drop me a PM.

Where is the preview you're referring to and how does it differ from the final version?
2018-08-06 15:39
iAN CooG

Jazzcat already told what:
"The files MAIN, ESQ and MNU are clearly from the game beta version"
The GP version uses pre-final version files, differing in small pieces of code which had bugfixed in the final downloadable from itch.io, which is the version ONS used to make their rel.
2018-08-06 15:41
chatGPZ

the preview wasnt public, whoever made that crack should know where the files came from :)
2018-08-06 15:43
Tim
Account closed

Quote: Quote:
but by not participating at all doesn't make Mayday a player that is objecting the way we count points.

that makes no sense. they DO release cracks afterall.

someone might just start a list that counts other places and ignores the BBSs, then both sides can point fingers at the other =P

By not participating in the first release race Groepaz, even you got that I'm sure :)

As for other places, go for it.. I'm already enjoying this major difference between Propaganda and Vandalism above.

The more the merrier.. Seriously, I'm dying for someone/some group/some mag to start a quality release grading challenge that awards points to teams based on a rules set for quality and not only speed
2018-08-06 15:45
Tim
Account closed

Quote: Jazzcat already told what:
"The files MAIN, ESQ and MNU are clearly from the game beta version"
The GP version uses pre-final version files, differing in small pieces of code which had bugfixed in the final downloadable from itch.io, which is the version ONS used to make their rel.

Awe.. You're making it sound like Onslaught actually downloaded from Itch.. How cute :)
2018-08-06 15:49
chatGPZ

Quote:
By not participating in the first release race Groepaz, even you got that I'm sure :)

your logic is flawed. you think they can only make a firstrelease when they play by your rules? their last crack was one, for example.
2018-08-06 16:23
iAN CooG

Quote: Awe.. You're making it sound like Onslaught actually downloaded from Itch.. How cute :)

I haven't said that, you're warping what I said to your convenience(?), to appear smarter than me or something.
I said that ONS used the same - final - version that is available there. I know JC works for RGCD, if you were implying I didn't know that. Otherwise I don't even know what your comment is for. To add some drama?
2018-08-06 16:26
chatGPZ

What i find cute is, that apparently you can only make non-rushed quality cracks when someone gives you points for that. >_<
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 16 | 17 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
hedning/G★P
algorithm
Low Spirit
DKT/Samar
Kickback
sebalozlepsi