Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD
2018-08-02 23:35
hedning

Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD

Moved the discussion to the place for discussions. :)

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Backup board is invoked if one of the main boards is down during the whole 24h. How would it make sense otherwise? If Reflections was down one hour 03 in the morning just when you tried to upload your crack, the rest of the groups wouldn't notice, and lose just because one board was down for some time during the 24h. 24h rule must mean 24h. If one board is gone for 24h, the backup board goes into effect. That is logical to me. Especially as the race isn't over until 24h have passed.

If two or three (our four?) boards all have hickups during the 24h you mean there are no boards to be counted? Your view of the rules does not make sense. I will count the boards and the releases after 24h have passed. That will show who won the race.

User Comment
Submitted by Jazzcat [PM] on 2 August 2018
We were first on all boards and sites initially. During that time both Antidote and The Hidden were down, according to the rules, the backup site RapidFire is then invoked and we were first there (and Reflections) thus we were first on the majority of boards using the 24 hour rule. Regards. Note: you cannot re-invoke downed boards. When they are down, backup is in play.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Antidote and The Hidden were down for some time, but came up within the counted 24h when we tried to upload our crack, and we were able to be first on both. We also went with Reflections and the backup BBS Rapidfire, even if the latter is a bit redundant, as we already were first on 2 out of 3 counted boards within the counted 24h. Cheers!

... 144 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-08-08 11:50
Jazzcat

hi guys,
so was your original not the final build? (still waiting on the answer). we know you got the beta. based on this alone you did not have the final (spin the tale how you want). and based on this you were not first. easy peasy.

secondly, the 24 hour rule is about who is first even with down times. in this case hidden and antidote were down for many hours and as such the fallback is used.

thirdly, as you don't seem to admit you didnt use the final build. we can mark our version as the 100% then.
2018-08-08 12:04
Raistlin

Ok, now I'm confused...

On the one hand you're saying that the G*P version was a preview ... on the other, that Onslaught's is a 100% fix of that preview?

The thing is, if you can't decide for yourself, why are you trying to convince others?

The clear answer to me is:-

1) Neither G*P or ONS version are previews.
- they're clearly not previews. If I was looking at Yoomp! in, say, 2028, and saw that there's a preview there I'd think "cool, let's take a look at this preview to see what they changed for the final version" followed by "this is dumb, the preview is near-identical to the final release? WTF?";

2) The ONS version could be considered a 100% version since, yes, it includes a fix;

3) The 24 hour rule is argued separately... it sounds like there're 2 sets of rules here for each mag. CSDB has agreed to neither of these..

a) Vandalism's rule that basically ANY of the listed BBS's can be used in the 24hours and that the "fallback" word should be removed from those rules to avoid confusion (if I say that a BBS was down for 2 minutes, nobody can possibly verify that I'm telling the truth - so there's no point at all in having some BBSs ranked as "fallbacks");

b) Propaganda's rule that 24hours means "24 hours" and that fallback means "fallback".
2018-08-08 12:08
Raistlin

IMO, and I say this not knowing which way this would go, whether they'd agree or not ... we should draft in a proper old-school cracker to decide.

Mr.Z for example, since he's currently the top cracker on CSDB?

https://csdb.dk/toplist.php?type=scener&subtype=%2816%29&submit..

It just feels to me like this should be clear cut ... I'm scratching my head wondering what on earth is going on and why such a simple thing turned into a huge debate. It's worse than BREXIT.
2018-08-08 12:11
Jazzcat

hehe, basically there is several faults with the gp version. anyone of them by itself is a disqualification. for VN we will be calling the 24 hour rule. the other points are just further consolidating that same outcome.
2018-08-08 12:13
Jazzcat

Quote: IMO, and I say this not knowing which way this would go, whether they'd agree or not ... we should draft in a proper old-school cracker to decide.

Mr.Z for example, since he's currently the top cracker on CSDB?

https://csdb.dk/toplist.php?type=scener&subtype=%2816%29&submit..

It just feels to me like this should be clear cut ... I'm scratching my head wondering what on earth is going on and why such a simple thing turned into a huge debate. It's worse than BREXIT.

the rules being referred to are well after mr.z. perhaps consulting the person who has documented the first release 'list' for the longest time in the scene might be more in context?
2018-08-08 12:17
Raistlin

*BANG HEAD*

"basically there is several faults with the gp version" .. you should be in the Conservative government, seriously .. can you tell me what faults there are other than the RESTORE key problem? As in, tell me the faults, not tell me that binary differences are showing up in a file (half the old-school cracks would fail if that were a criteria, all IFFL'ed cracks for example).

"for VN we will be calling the 24 hour rule" .. in what way does 24 hours come into your rule when you're saying that the fallbacks can be used if there're just minutes of downtime? It makes zero sense. Can you explain how "24" comes into it?
2018-08-08 12:22
Jazzcat

i guess if you can scroll up you will see this is well covered.

24 hr rule is first to counted boards, if some are down, fallback bbs is used. ons was easily first here.

beta versions, non finals. usually get marked as a preview or beta. our version is 7 months newer than the gp version. fact.

bug fixed cracks are marked as 100%, superceding previous versions.
2018-08-08 12:33
Raistlin

"i guess if you can scroll up you will see this is well covered."
.. no, there's only mention of a RESTORE bug. I ask again, Mr President, can you tell me what the other bugs were that you mention?

"24 hr rule is first to counted boards, if some are down, fallback bbs is used. ons was easily first here"
.. absolutely ridiculous and easily open to abuse. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think

"our version is 7 months newer than the gp version"
.. the amount of time taken to fix the RESTORE bug is inconsequential here ... that doesn't make it a preview ;-)
2018-08-08 12:38
Jazzcat

beta is beta, not final. take as you will, this is well documented. 24 rule is what it is. clarified. just abide by it or not. up to everyone. 100% is just that. no more from me on it. we agree to disagree. :)

greets!
2018-08-08 12:44
Raistlin

"there is several faults with the gp version"

AGAIN.. please state the faults.
Previous - 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Paladin/G★P
C64_80er/TRT
Matt
Dano/Padua
Aomeba/Artline Desig..
Viti/Hokuto Force