Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Lunasoft ! (Registered 2018-12-15) You are not logged in 
CSDb User Forums


Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD
2018-08-02 23:35
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 1842
Release id #166930 : Yoomp!64 +3PD

Moved the discussion to the place for discussions. :)

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Backup board is invoked if one of the main boards is down during the whole 24h. How would it make sense otherwise? If Reflections was down one hour 03 in the morning just when you tried to upload your crack, the rest of the groups wouldn't notice, and lose just because one board was down for some time during the 24h. 24h rule must mean 24h. If one board is gone for 24h, the backup board goes into effect. That is logical to me. Especially as the race isn't over until 24h have passed.

If two or three (our four?) boards all have hickups during the 24h you mean there are no boards to be counted? Your view of the rules does not make sense. I will count the boards and the releases after 24h have passed. That will show who won the race.

User Comment
Submitted by Jazzcat [PM] on 2 August 2018
We were first on all boards and sites initially. During that time both Antidote and The Hidden were down, according to the rules, the backup site RapidFire is then invoked and we were first there (and Reflections) thus we were first on the majority of boards using the 24 hour rule. Regards. Note: you cannot re-invoke downed boards. When they are down, backup is in play.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 August 2018
Antidote and The Hidden were down for some time, but came up within the counted 24h when we tried to upload our crack, and we were able to be first on both. We also went with Reflections and the backup BBS Rapidfire, even if the latter is a bit redundant, as we already were first on 2 out of 3 counted boards within the counted 24h. Cheers!
 
... 144 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....
 
2018-08-08 12:33
Raistlin

Registered: Mar 2007
Posts: 129
"i guess if you can scroll up you will see this is well covered."
.. no, there's only mention of a RESTORE bug. I ask again, Mr President, can you tell me what the other bugs were that you mention?

"24 hr rule is first to counted boards, if some are down, fallback bbs is used. ons was easily first here"
.. absolutely ridiculous and easily open to abuse. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think

"our version is 7 months newer than the gp version"
.. the amount of time taken to fix the RESTORE bug is inconsequential here ... that doesn't make it a preview ;-)
2018-08-08 12:38
Jazzcat

Registered: Feb 2002
Posts: 961
beta is beta, not final. take as you will, this is well documented. 24 rule is what it is. clarified. just abide by it or not. up to everyone. 100% is just that. no more from me on it. we agree to disagree. :)

greets!
2018-08-08 12:44
Raistlin

Registered: Mar 2007
Posts: 129
"there is several faults with the gp version"

AGAIN.. please state the faults.
2018-08-08 12:48
Jazzcat

Registered: Feb 2002
Posts: 961
the faults are the qualifications of first release.
24 hr rule. failed.
final build. no.
100% version. no.
2018-08-08 12:57
Jazzcat

Registered: Feb 2002
Posts: 961
also: Retaliate Preview +2
2018-08-08 13:15
Raistlin

Registered: Mar 2007
Posts: 129
Seriously, stay off the Kool Aid.

After several PMs with Jazzcat, I'm nowhere.

1) he says that the G*P version is a preview/beta;

2) he says that the ONS version is a 100% version.

How in the hell can both of these things be true...?

Seriously, decide what you want and stick to it .. do you want to label G*P's version as a preview? Or for Onslaught's to be a 100% fix? Why not claim an NTSC fix at the same time? And that you wrote the game? I mean, RGCD did everything - but if you're claiming the fix that they did is Onslaughts, you might as well take credit for everything else ;-)

What next.. he'll be cracking Uncensored (Booze demo), fixing a glitch in it (if there is one) and asking for their version to be marked as a beta ;-)
2018-08-08 13:23
Jazzcat

Registered: Feb 2002
Posts: 961
Quote: Seriously, stay off the Kool Aid.

After several PMs with Jazzcat, I'm nowhere.

1) he says that the G*P version is a preview/beta;

2) he says that the ONS version is a 100% version.

How in the hell can both of these things be true...?

Seriously, decide what you want and stick to it .. do you want to label G*P's version as a preview? Or for Onslaught's to be a 100% fix? Why not claim an NTSC fix at the same time? And that you wrote the game? I mean, RGCD did everything - but if you're claiming the fix that they did is Onslaughts, you might as well take credit for everything else ;-)

What next.. he'll be cracking Uncensored (Booze demo), fixing a glitch in it (if there is one) and asking for their version to be marked as a beta ;-)


their version is not first. not even on this db (i even uploaded their delayed beta for them lol). i am sticking with that.

have a nice day. :)
2018-08-08 13:26
hedning

Registered: Mar 2009
Posts: 1842
Quote: their version is not first. not even on this db (i even uploaded their delayed beta for them lol). i am sticking with that.

have a nice day. :)


That was because I want to do the boards first, and then upload to CSDb. I was able to upload to all boards, you were not. Perhaps because you were busy clicking "first release" on your version before the 24h passed. ;)
2018-08-08 13:30
Jazzcat

Registered: Feb 2002
Posts: 961
Quote: That was because I want to do the boards first, and then upload to CSDb. I was able to upload to all boards, you were not. Perhaps because you were busy clicking "first release" on your version before the 24h passed. ;)

well, as mentioned we can just agree to disagree. can see no more traction is being made here for quite some time. cheers.
2018-08-08 13:31
Jazzcat

Registered: Feb 2002
Posts: 961
oh on the beta marking as preview: Retaliate Preview +2
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Guests online: 30
Top Demos
1 Uncensored  (9.7)
2 Comaland 100%  (9.7)
3 Unboxed  (9.7)
4 Edge of Disgrace  (9.7)
5 Coma Light 13  (9.6)
6 The Shores of Reflec..  (9.6)
7 Lunatico  (9.6)
8 Wonderland XII  (9.6)
9 Old Men in Used Cars  (9.5)
10 C=Bit 18  (9.5)
Top onefile Demos
1 Smile to the Sky  (10)
2 Arok 20 Invitation  (9.6)
3 Daah, Those Acid Pil..  (9.5)
4 FMX Music Demo  (9.5)
5 Crystal Gazer  (9.5)
6 Pandemoniac Part 2 o..  (9.5)
7 Dawnfall V1.1  (9.5)
8 Rewind  (9.5)
9 Party Horse  (9.4)
10 Dawnfall  (9.4)
Top Groups
1 Oxyron  (9.4)
2 Booze Design  (9.4)
3 Censor Design  (9.4)
4 Finnish Gold  (9.3)
5 The Transfer Team  (9.3)
Top Musicians
1 Rob Hubbard  (9.8)
2 LMan  (9.7)
3 Jeroen Tel  (9.6)
4 Linus  (9.6)
5 Drax  (9.5)

Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2018
Page generated in: 0.084 sec.