Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #167152 : Krill's Loader, repository version 164
2018-08-13 21:37
Krill

Release id #167152 : Krill's Loader, repository version 164

If no problems emerge (i know they will, but anyways)... I can explain a bit about the full on-the-fly GCR block read+decode+checksumming.
2018-08-14 02:57
chatGPZ

a toplevel make target that builds all tools would be nice. and perhaps updated tools that actually build with a somewhat recent ca65 :=)
it'd be nice to get rid of the perl dependency too - although i am not sure what a sane alternative would look like (i'd probably resort to sed/grep in the makefile, only because windows versions of these are a bit easier to just drop somewhere)
2018-08-14 03:23
Krill

Quoting Groepaz
a toplevel make target that builds all tools would be nice.
Okay, good idea. :)

Quoting Groepaz
and perhaps updated tools that actually build with a somewhat recent ca65 :=)
Uhm, what? :) Which of the tools require ca65, i.e., run on realthing? :) Or did the ld65 map output format change _again_ without me taking note of that? o.O

Quoting Groepaz
it'd be nice to get rid of the perl dependency too - although i am not sure what a sane alternative would look like (i'd probably resort to sed/grep in the makefile, only because windows versions of these are a bit easier to just drop somewhere)
Yeah, maybe. If only those weren't such a pain to use. :) Python, maybe?
2018-08-14 14:24
chatGPZ

python has the same problems, i think (is it a single exe requiring no install?) (the point is: right now "our" dev environment is completely freestanding requiring no msys or cygwin or any of that, and no installing either - breaking that is not an option :))

the problem with ca65 are at least nucrunch and tinycrunch, those will not build.
2018-08-14 14:28
Oswald

- what is shryddar stepping?
- how is multiple drives achieved ?
- what is subsizer support ?
2018-08-14 14:52
Krill

Quoting Groepaz
python has the same problems, i think (is it a single exe requiring no install?) (the point is: right now "our" dev environment is completely freestanding requiring no msys or cygwin or any of that, and no installing either - breaking that is not an option :))
A point i don't quite understand. Why is installing some package or another a problem? :) But anyhow, there seems to be no simple sane multi-platform single-exe scripting language around, or is there?

Quoting Groepaz
the problem with ca65 are at least nucrunch and tinycrunch, those will not build.
The stuff that won't build with current ca65 versions isn't required to pack files for loader usage, though. Anyhow, will be fixed in a patch release soonish. Thanks for the bug report. :)
2018-08-14 15:09
chatGPZ

Quote:
Why is installing some package or another a problem? :)

because this environment is ment to be used by people who are not programmers, and who should be able to use this without reading instructions or doing the install dance. so far its all about "put that shit somewhere, type make" - and i'd like to keep it that way. _I_ dont care, and i already have perl and python installed, and probably even rust soon =P (*)

Quote:
But anyhow, there seems to be no simple sane multi-platform single-exe scripting language around, or is there?

which is why i use grep/sed for these kind of things :) (there is a single .exe basicv2 interpreter.... =D)

Quote:
The stuff that won't build with current ca65 versions isn't required to pack files for loader usage, though.

perhaps - but right now when doing "make" in the respective directories it just fails. a toplevel makefile that just builds what is needed might be an acceptable workaround :)

(*) another requirement is that i can easily crosscompile windows .exe on my linux system. not sure if that rules out rust too - i havent tried this :)
2018-08-14 15:09
Krill

Quoting Oswald
- what is shryddar stepping?
See Release id #160665 : Stepper Test 1.0

Quoting Oswald
- how is multiple drives achieved ?
See Error message: "Found more than one drive on IEC bus" with C128D metal and recent demos and Reversibly mute serial devices by a tight loop drive code which disable interrupts and set ATNA according to ATN IN in a loop

Quoting Oswald
- what is subsizer support ?
See Subsizer 0.6 (note that a later version is shipped with the loader)
2018-08-14 15:19
chatGPZ

(**) it also needs to build without hassle on macOS
2018-08-14 15:37
JackAsser

Quote: (**) it also needs to build without hassle on macOS

Hassle is subjective, hazel is a tree.
2018-08-14 15:56
Krill

Quoting Groepaz
because this environment is ment to be used by people who are not programmers, and who should be able to use this without reading instructions or doing the install dance. so far its all about "put that shit somewhere, type make" - and i'd like to keep it that way.
For the particular case of the non-coders being able to rebuild your demo (that's what you implied, right?), there is no such perl or similar requirement, because you'd simply ship your pre-compiled loader-c64.prg, install-c64.prg and loadersymbols-c64.inc along with the demo source code. :)

... 36 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iceout/Avatar/HF
katon/Lepsi De
tlr
hedning/G★P
csabanw
kbs/Pht/Lxt