Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #2757 : Intro Creation Competition 2018
2018-11-05 09:38
Didi

Event id #2757 : Intro Creation Competition 2018

Preface: Please use this thread for questions, discussion and everything else concerning this competition.

After ChristopherJam had the chance to run a similar compo last year, this year I am back with the known ruleset, with only slight change.

Runnning the competition after X party turned out to be a great timeframe, so I stay there.

Competition runs from November 5th, 2018, until January 6th, 2019. So you have a full 2 months to deliver your creations. This should be enough for an intro.

THE RULES:
Your intro...
- has to work on a plain stock C64 (PAL standard) without any extensions.
- has to be a one-part intro. Short fade-ins and fade-outs are OK.
- has to contain at least one Logo at whatever size you like.
- has to contain a changing or moving text message (e.g. scrolling text, different lines fading in & out, etc.)
- has to contain music (not just a humming sound, please).
- has a maximum RAM footprint of $4000 bytes at one block, at whatever location you like. Screen RAM counts as used memory. Exclusions are system addresses like VIC (inkl. Color RAM), SID, CIA, Stack, Zero-page, IRQ vectors. This means RAM besides chosen $4000 bytes area and exceptions has to be the same before and after running the intro. What happens during runtime is up to you.
- has to be interruptable any time by pressing SPACE-key (exception are short fade-in and fade-out).
- does not need to have exclusive graphics, charsets or music. But the code should be exclusive, so reuse of existing code with just exchanged graphics and music is not allowed.
- has not been publicly used before entering the competition.
- has to be handed in as executable format startable with RUN (.prg or embedded in .t64 or .d64).

Maximum 3 entries per participant. Entries might be taken back from the compo until deadline. That means if you want to remove one of your works from the compo to make space for another entry from you, this can be done until deadline.
Deadline for entry submission is Sunday January 6th, 2019 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm) CET.
Voting closes at Sunday January 13th, 2019 at 23:59:59 (11:59:59 pm) CET.
Voting platform is CSDb (with all disadvantages it may have), therefore entries have to be posted here.
Entries will be ranked by weighted average of CSDb votes. Entries with the same weighted average are ranked by their percentages of 10s, 9s, etc.

No prices to win, just the fame. May the best creation win!

... 155 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-12-30 17:08
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

Quoting Golara
My GTA intro is under "released outside the compo" even though it fits all the rules. Can someone fix please ? :)

Probably because of this?

Quoting Golara
I added a download to the version with exit on space. Nothing else changed.

With the current release you have two downloads for one release of which the first download does not comply with the compo rules.

Perhaps create a new release for the new version and have that enter the compo?
2018-12-30 18:49
Golara
Account closed

Quote: Quoting Golara
My GTA intro is under "released outside the compo" even though it fits all the rules. Can someone fix please ? :)

Probably because of this?

Quoting Golara
I added a download to the version with exit on space. Nothing else changed.

With the current release you have two downloads for one release of which the first download does not comply with the compo rules.

Perhaps create a new release for the new version and have that enter the compo?

Well, my first intro for this compo also had a problem that was fixed with additional file download (it shows how sloppy I am with releases, very sorry...) And it's still as released at the compo. Should I make another entry for that one too ? I understand the moderators desire to archive every version of some demo or a crack, but I think requiring another release for a really minor fix like this (and it's not like, oh this is a party version, the fixed one comes out 2 weeks later, but the second upload is published few minutes after the first). I'll obey the rules though, I'd just like some yes or no to this question. Should I make another release for these intros ?

EDIT: Didn't notice Ians post. Entry has been updated.
2018-12-30 18:59
iAN CooG

Technically every new release should have its own entry.
For a minor bug, if fixed few minutes after the upload, I can close both eyes. But if the fix is made and added the day after, for me is a new release, because it's actually made the day after. So yeah, leave the 1st release without space sense in the entry, put it outside compo, and make a new entry dated 27/11 for the fix, which can be set as competing.
2018-12-30 19:10
Golara
Account closed

Quote: Technically every new release should have its own entry.
For a minor bug, if fixed few minutes after the upload, I can close both eyes. But if the fix is made and added the day after, for me is a new release, because it's actually made the day after. So yeah, leave the 1st release without space sense in the entry, put it outside compo, and make a new entry dated 27/11 for the fix, which can be set as competing.

Fair enough. I guess it could be avoided if I moved my ass out of the bed and compiled the prg again (I was reading the csdb entry from my bed) Oh well :P
2018-12-31 00:37
Maxlide

@Didi: do you differ between zeropage and extended zeropage ?
2018-12-31 00:54
Didi

For me zeropage is address area $0000-$00ff. Extended zeropage counts as used RAM.
2018-12-31 06:18
Cruzer

What kind of gobbledygook is extended zeropage?
2018-12-31 08:41
JackAsser

Quote: What kind of gobbledygook is extended zeropage?

Just a crap naming convention used by some references when talking about the KERNEL variable space, like: http://unusedino.de/ec64/technical/aay/c64/zpmain.htm
2018-12-31 15:02
Krill

Hmm, i use to refer to that as LOWMEM, which would be anything above zeropage but within hardware stack ($0100..$01ff) and below screen RAM ($0200..$03ff).

Thought i've seen that in some reference documents as well, but not sure now. :)
2019-01-01 01:36
chatGPZ

i have seen it often in books and articles. 64er used that term a lot.

hey, it makes more sense than IFFL afterall :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 17 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Genius/Xenon
bugjam
Moderators/CSDb Staff
Steffan/BOOM!
WVL/Xenon
t0m3000/ibex-crew