Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #171312 : Vandalism News #68
2018-11-12 09:59
Bitbreaker

Release id #171312 : Vandalism News #68

What a huge bunch of technical bullshit about the Performer's demo in there :-D The fake phong is realtime, the starfields are realtime and fullscreen (It would be 500 dots on the first one if no sprites used, 50fps). Vectors with samples are possible and was proven in Fantasmolytic already ;-) The cube in fullscreen is animated, true, but lossless and runs 870 frames long with 50fps, while loading the turn disk. Because: Profis machen das so.
Hope that is clear now. Now go and sharpen your analyzing skills :-D

... 34 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-11-12 16:43
MagerValp

Quote: The world of Demos in VN is full of bullshit, indeed. I think the author tries to be funny (calling the snake in X Marks the Spot "a turd" and Dart Vader flip disk part in The Star Wars demo "Dark Helmet" from Spaceballs, etc), but mostly he only describes what he sees on the screen, which we all know how it looks. Get someone that knows stuff about demos to write it, please.

Bring back Nordic Scene Review!
2018-11-12 17:15
Oswald

Quote: What a huge bunch of technical bullshit about the Performer's demo in there :-D The fake phong is realtime, the starfields are realtime and fullscreen (It would be 500 dots on the first one if no sprites used, 50fps). Vectors with samples are possible and was proven in Fantasmolytic already ;-) The cube in fullscreen is animated, true, but lossless and runs 870 frames long with 50fps, while loading the turn disk. Because: Profis machen das so.
Hope that is clear now. Now go and sharpen your analyzing skills :-D

"Because: Profis machen das so."

profis have already made that cube realtime in NW. since when do profis use anims anyway ?:P
2018-11-12 20:51
Bitbreaker

Its simply a brief proof, that it can be done better. Rendering delta into a single buffer at full framerate lossless can be much sexier than lossy codebook driven approaches. Nothing more, nothing less :-)
2018-11-12 21:18
PAL

You take yourself too serious again :-)

The intro to the whole VN world of demos section:
-----------------------------
x2018 live demo reviews

Done real-time, looking at the stream when in the most insane man-flu ever hit when a nerd is due to travel and have fun with all his friends on the best scene party.
-----------------------------

Thought that was a fun twist to it as I had to stay at home in high fever and a real-man-flu :-)

Look at the first screen in this 3 of 3 live recordings from 2010... it is the basic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdizFkv7omw

Lets have fun. I know I got too seriousness also in the past after this rush, slagging transitions and all that take so much time to create. I am inactive because of it, I want to have fun - not another full-time job. Monster and huge beasts of demos... When I pixeled a koala that was over 42 screens tall streaming live from one slow floppy disk-side with Perplex coding lots of effects - we were told it was so incredible lame, it took over 9 minutes to watch... hahaha.... on a c64 one floppy flawless... It is a never ending story I guess. Take care, all, you are some of the people I look at as my best friends inside a strange weird hobby and very narrow bunch of special people...
2018-11-12 21:35
hedning

I wonder why people don't get the oppertunity to defend themselves in VN when attacked. In VN #60 The Shadow had lots of text full of bullshit and lies about Sixx/GP, and Jazzcat had one year to ask Sixx if he wanted to reply, but no. The same happened in this issue. The Shadow get's three pages in the "Headline News" to spread his opinions about CSDb and what happened four years ago, calling individuals unintelligent and a lot worse, and still no contact or oppertunity was made for the CSDb mods to reply. That is not being objective; it's really bad journalism.

1. It is not news. 2. It's biased bullshit. 3. It makes one wonder if there was a thought behind letting that text be published unanswered.
2018-11-12 21:36
chatGPZ

it was fun reading though :=)
2018-11-12 21:41
hedning

Quote: it was fun reading though :=)

Indeed. I am sure you loved his estimation of your intelligence. :D
2018-11-12 21:44
chatGPZ

well, i knew that part already, obviously :o)
2018-11-12 21:53
Jazzcat

Carrion, yes agreed on the news section. Hope you can forgive me. Sorry you couldn't help with the Cracker's Scene article, as usual, we reached out to everyone for confirmations on some things I was unsure of. While we did receive some replies, not all unfortunately.

hedning, he (Shadow) sent in an email and asked if I could publish his view on CSDb and I agreed (as VN is an open magazine). If you want a reply, please send to me and I will publish (or an article in general about CSDb etc.)

All, regarding demo reviews. We will hopefully have a team for those next issue (and welcome any of you that seem to have a good idea of how they should be written, looking for PMs).

Overall, glad people loved the issue. Personally, I think it is one of the best yet despite the minor whining. Next year will hopefully get some smaller issues out (1-2 sides). Cheers.
2018-11-12 21:59
hedning

Jazzcat: But you do read what people send in, right? Before accepting it? Do you publish whatever crap people send in, even if it contains personal attacks and such? Giving the oppertunity to answer ridiculous lies and personal attacks directly in the same issue should be part of what an editor do. Especially when you have so much time as you do. It's common sense, and good journalism. Because.. well. that's editing... and journalism. If not you are just an copy machine.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Feltzkrone
tlr
Flex/Artline Designs
algorithm
Guests online: 325