Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #175560 : Tenebra Macabre +4D
2019-02-28 19:32
hedning

Release id #175560 : Tenebra Macabre +4D

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 28 February 2019
LOL i could have sworn the rules included "unauthorized" in the definition of "crack". sorry, it was only part of the crack standards that some brainiacs removed. go ahead =)

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 28 February 2019
I have locked the entry to prevent more edit warmongering.

User Comment
Submitted by Dr.Strange [PM] on 28 February 2019
All clear now, thanks E$G.

User Comment
Submitted by E$G [PM] on 28 February 2019
@Dr.Strange: I changed to previous information. We're not the only one to handle the release and each of us - for the accuracy of csdb entries - suppose to put the correct ones.

User Comment
Submitted by TheRyk [PM] on 28 February 2019
"shitloads of groups did the same thing for decades" THIS.
"All this first release stuff is just a circus." AND THAT.
PERIOD.

User Comment
@E$G, The Overkiller: I am pushing you guys only because I keep seeing the CSDb entry changed from crack to game. However, you are stating that this is a first release but it has been changed again on your CSBd entry to C64 Game. Am I entitled to be a bit confused on this?

User Comment
If you look for the game as it was born just d/l: Tenebra Macabre [16kb cartridge]
This is a crack with more help for lazy players that fear the dark, torch on!

User Comment
Submitted by The Overkiller [PM] on 28 February 2019
All this first release stuff is just a circus. Most of the so called first releases are based on early access, where's the difference? A missing intro? I'm happy to see all this debate about nothing. This is not good, but an early access is good, introlinking something with just a pair of sprites is good... Do whatever you want, I personally prefer to produce than talk. $FCE2 from me.

User Comment
Cracking scene is not referred just to the 1st releases. My answer is wider and is not an answer to you but a general one.
About this crack: Got the trainer, the dox, flag set to 1st release, u/l to 1st release counting bbs. Now we let the 3 mags to judge if it is or not. The audience is waiting... beware... be fair.

User Comment
again: this does NOT qualify as a crack according to the rules here. whether someone uploads it on the board for points is irrelevant for this.

User Comment
Submitted by Didi [PM] on 28 February 2019
My intention would be NO, because there is no crack intro added. Would also depend on who uploaded it to the boards. I'd think trainers were just added to spoil the game for crackers, like several game coders do today.

User Comment
@E$G: I really don't understand what are you trying to say. I guess some of us are just confused about this release. However, regarding your "no rules" mention, I presume you are aware that there are rules for first releases. So, I ask again: did you guys go for a crack first release on this?

User Comment
What's the difference between old & new cracking scene? According to the main thing there is no difference!
There are no rulez. That's why we are still here since 1983 to spend time in what we love.
All the other words are subjective way to face a fact.
The word ethic can't be used anymore.
It's ethic to steal members from another group or persuade a member to change his group? Downvote a good work, vote & upvote for their group release x-pecially in a competition?
Get ready for the new trend... do self-made preview of a game that won't be released to get some points and even worse release preview of a beta version with minor differences.
That's it, you wanted the worst, you got the worst...
Lame meaning is different, don't steal code or crack from another group. This is the true essence, don't do it, this is what cracker scene aim & pretend otherwise reputation & respect will flush away.

User Comment
Submitted by Didi [PM] on 28 February 2019
Digital Monastery and Hokuto Force should be treated as different Groups on CSDb. Would make the stuff clear. Many groups had game development labels in the past and they are treated separately.

User Comment
So, is this a game or a first release crack release? Judging from the fact it's all over the boards too, I presume you guys went for the points, so this should be considered as a crack release. Is that a fair assumption?

User Comment
Submitted by ZeSmasher [PM] on 28 February 2019
ctrl-a, ctrl-x, click on "discuss" link, ctrl-v
(I just sent my CV for that job offer as mod... :) )

User Comment
Submitted by Randall [PM] on 28 February 2019
i'm with Krill on this one

User Comment
Submitted by Krill [PM] on 28 February 2019
I think releasing a self-made new game both in pristine and fully-trained+intro-linked versions at the same time is a pretty elegant way to 1up the leetcr4xx0rz. +1 :)

User Comment
So this isnt the first release of this game? again what learned!

User Comment
@Groepaz: True, but they are stating that this is a first release, so there's probably a bit of confusion on their side.

User Comment
More interesting: which group linked more intros in front of unprotected freeware games in the last couple years - yours or his?

That said, it nowhere says it was cracked - and doesnt qualify as crack as per the rules either.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 28 February 2019
Majikeyric: But you are still member of a group that do all this you despite? How does that work. Is it only your games that are holy? Still: keep up your game coding. I love it.

User Comment
@Majikeyric: It sounds right from your point of view, but can't agree on a scene level. However, I guess every group should decide how they want to live and contribute to the cracking scene. Re the shameless crackers: that's what crackers do, they want to crack more and more, and they will do anything to get a new orrie. It's up to you to decide if you want to give your productions to someone or not.

User Comment
Submitted by Majikeyric [PM] on 28 February 2019
When game coding is your passion and you spend hundreds hours making your best to deliver a nice freeware game. You hardly accept that cracker groups get fame with it because they added a lame trainer and their intro in front of an unprotected game starting with a SYS 2061. Not talking about the shameless crackers who contact you to ask to release your game first.

User Comment
Despite the fact we have done the same in ATL years ago, I ended up realising how embarrassing that is. Cracking games produced internally, it is such a bad practice that all cracking groups should stop straight away. There's already a lot groups getting stuff in advanced, even without coder's permission, that this is just making cracking even more ridiculous. Now, I am not that naive thinking that we should have "ethics", but come on guys, are we not better than this?

User Comment
Submitted by Majikeyric [PM] on 28 February 2019
Exactly!

User Comment
Submitted by Oswald [PM] on 28 February 2019
imho its a way to prevent crackers releasing your game with their intro infront of it.

User Comment
Quote:
shitloads of groups did the same thing for decades

some even claimed to have "cracked" the copy protection "they" made themselves =_=

User Comment
Submitted by Medicus [PM] on 28 February 2019
If a game was cracked by it's creator then one could say without doubt that a lot of work was invested into this crack. ;)

User Comment
Submitted by Moloch [PM] on 28 February 2019
Nah, shitloads of groups did the same thing for decades

User Comment
Submitted by Neo-Rio [PM] on 28 February 2019
Well you pretty much guarantee yourself a first release. But is that cheating? :D

User Comment
Submitted by ZeSmasher [PM] on 28 February 2019
@hedning, why interesting? this is a very common practice in the so-called real world out there. it's called... well, you know it... when you give yourself pleasure and you don't even need a partner :P

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 27 February 2019
A game "cracked" by its own creator... Interesting take. o.O

... 18 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-03-01 11:10
Achim

Quoting Dr.Strange
I just find odd winning a first release race releasing your own stuff.

Don't worry. The crackers will quickly establish a new rule to prevent incidents like this ;)
2019-03-01 11:18
chatGPZ

Sure thing. Because this never happened in the past decades :)
2019-03-01 11:54
Majikeyric

Men, I don't understand all that, when I uploaded my trained version, I selected 'C64 Game' in the form and never selected 'C64 Crack'+First release. I added all the same credits as in the 16KB CRT and just added me as Trainer + Docs. I don't know who modified all the data...
2019-03-01 12:07
chatGPZ

I only changed it back to "game" - but apparently i was wrong - just like you :=D

There's no politically correct term for 'fucking idiot'.
2019-03-01 12:51
Dr.Strange

Quote: Men, I don't understand all that, when I uploaded my trained version, I selected 'C64 Game' in the form and never selected 'C64 Crack'+First release. I added all the same credits as in the 16KB CRT and just added me as Trainer + Docs. I don't know who modified all the data...

I am sorry to be picking on this a lot and actually didn't want to ruin the good work you have done on the game itself, which I actually like a lot. However, someone from your group uploaded on the boards, intentionally trying to go for the points. That's why this, at least for me, became a bit silly and confusing, at least for first release charts point of view. Now, we've have clarified enough so case closed from my side.
2019-03-01 15:29
hedning

Maybe HF needs better internal communication? E$G/HF set it to crack and firstrelease, and another HF member asked me to help upload to Antidote, which I did.
2019-03-01 17:56
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

Perhaps a mod can change the metadata back to what the author/uploader of this software originally intended it to be.
2019-03-01 23:27
The Overkiller
Account closed

It's not a matter of internal communication. As I said we don't take this #1 rel stuff seriously and we did this move. Considering all the crap I see for points, we said why not do such things. But let's put a stone on it and let's say we avoid to do it in the future because as I said we prefer to produce than talk about nothing. On the other hand as the circus show goes on, someone felt the urge to create a separate entry of Digital Monastery. Now again, do what you want, but when we'll create an entry for our next game we will tag it Hokuto Force only because DM is just an internal label created by me for those members who are interested only in game coding ... no crack, demo or whatever! The funniest thing is that someone decided who is in DM and who is not :D And me, who created it, I'm not a member ... Ok :)
2019-03-02 00:28
E$G

Quote: Maybe HF needs better internal communication? E$G/HF set it to crack and firstrelease, and another HF member asked me to help upload to Antidote, which I did.

Info is not correct I was the last one to set back to crack, probably mods and privileged user had different approach to this release. crack or game? if we consider it crack it's obviously a 1st release.

A crack for the db is not just something with intro linked, we consider a crack a game handled by a scener or a group. We just need a mark.
1001 sys 20xx
9009 sys 20xx
Am I wrong?

Don't get dizzy if a game is just crunched, packed, compacted, exomized... for this there is a wonderful tool done by Ian Coog & Zagon to check and unpack the file Unp64 2.xx, a game in this condition doesn't belong to csdb but gb64 it's his natural home.

@Hedning remember that moderators did a blood oath. They can't spread not visible info such as edit, votes, private infos (email) and so on... and thanks for the u/l of course.
2019-03-02 08:49
hedning

Quote: Info is not correct I was the last one to set back to crack, probably mods and privileged user had different approach to this release. crack or game? if we consider it crack it's obviously a 1st release.

A crack for the db is not just something with intro linked, we consider a crack a game handled by a scener or a group. We just need a mark.
1001 sys 20xx
9009 sys 20xx
Am I wrong?

Don't get dizzy if a game is just crunched, packed, compacted, exomized... for this there is a wonderful tool done by Ian Coog & Zagon to check and unpack the file Unp64 2.xx, a game in this condition doesn't belong to csdb but gb64 it's his natural home.

@Hedning remember that moderators did a blood oath. They can't spread not visible info such as edit, votes, private infos (email) and so on... and thanks for the u/l of course.

Omg. I don’t wanna die. :’( Seriously: I would never. But I actually forgot that the edit history was hidden. Well well. Sorry. ;) Still it seems like there was some confusion involved when the trained version was added.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
grennouille
Guests online: 67
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)