Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #176410 : Propaganda List #1 2019
2019-04-01 23:22
Didi

Release id #176410 : Propaganda List #1 2019

Quite funny: If the coder is member of the releasing group and supplies the original, it gets no points here (example: The Age of Heroes). If the musician of the game is member in the releasing group, it's OK (example: Nono Pixie Preview 4). C'mon. Get real! Crackers have always used "connections" to get hand on the originals first. Usually you did not even ask for the source. You just respected that they had it first, point. The rule here is not thought through until end and does not respect tradition IMO.

... 44 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-04-02 09:02
hedning

<Post edited by hedning on 2/4-2019 09:08>

I agree that the source is of no big importance, except when you crack games that you actually produced in house - in some cases even by the same coder that coded the very game "cracked". In these last cases I rather respect this view: Cherry vs. Scene.
2019-04-02 09:07
TheRyk

Sorry, I really(!) wanted to keep out of this drama as I know that this is the only reasonable way to deal with madmen immune to any logic, but as Hedning phantasized about HF/MYD conspiracy to "mock" the first release scene,
I must state that this set of rulez plus arbitrary flags etc. here on CSDb also controlled by the same person(s),
makes it so utterly ridiculous/real satire that no mockery is necessary.

Making HF top of the bottom due to minus points for jewel releases and zero points due to "cracking own games" is simply ridiculous. As Didi says, making a difference between musician/graphician/tester/coder suppyling whatever group is nitpicking.

Also I am not Achim, I did not get the source code of TAOH nor a memory map but only the release as .D64, crunched and everything, and yeah, way earlier than Sun as I freely admit. So if we had just kept secret who supplied the original or created some dummy handle, it would have granted us points? Nonsense!

I'm not "pissed" (not more than before) as Enrico says but amused. However, the feeling grows that rules will always be changed in favor of very few people. Now we even bothered to make people do the BBS dance for us, then a new rule is created, WTF. If(!) we cared, that would not really contribute to motivate to take part in this so-called race. In fact, we're not eagerly planning doing any more first release stuff than in former years, and we have zero ambition to be in some top 3 or 5 or 10.

Maybe HF and MYD and a few other remaining sane people really should do some "conspiracy" in form of own lists without nonsense. Main reason against that is, I don't give a damn.
2019-04-02 09:17
Didi

@hedning: Interesting move of Cherry Soft in the past. Result shows that it did not work as the only existing crack is from F4CG. :D

@TheRyk: You are right. It is easy to obfuscate the source path if you want to or do not mention it at all. So the Propa Staff may suggest it but they have no proof. ;)

Well, release list editors have always bent rules to their favour, why should it be different today? That's some kind of tradition, too. :p
2019-04-02 09:27
hedning

Quote: Sorry, I really(!) wanted to keep out of this drama as I know that this is the only reasonable way to deal with madmen immune to any logic, but as Hedning phantasized about HF/MYD conspiracy to "mock" the first release scene,
I must state that this set of rulez plus arbitrary flags etc. here on CSDb also controlled by the same person(s),
makes it so utterly ridiculous/real satire that no mockery is necessary.

Making HF top of the bottom due to minus points for jewel releases and zero points due to "cracking own games" is simply ridiculous. As Didi says, making a difference between musician/graphician/tester/coder suppyling whatever group is nitpicking.

Also I am not Achim, I did not get the source code of TAOH nor a memory map but only the release as .D64, crunched and everything, and yeah, way earlier than Sun as I freely admit. So if we had just kept secret who supplied the original or created some dummy handle, it would have granted us points? Nonsense!

I'm not "pissed" (not more than before) as Enrico says but amused. However, the feeling grows that rules will always be changed in favor of very few people. Now we even bothered to make people do the BBS dance for us, then a new rule is created, WTF. If(!) we cared, that would not really contribute to motivate to take part in this so-called race. In fact, we're not eagerly planning doing any more first release stuff than in former years, and we have zero ambition to be in some top 3 or 5 or 10.

Maybe HF and MYD and a few other remaining sane people really should do some "conspiracy" in form of own lists without nonsense. Main reason against that is, I don't give a damn.

The first release flag here on csdb is meaningless, and should be removed, or better specified. I am very clear that I do not mix my csdb moderatorship with GP stuff. If you think I do, and that is a problem (please point out examples), I will be the first to resign from moderation. Trust me. I would rather work only with organizing GP and writing Propalist, than holding on to a csdb moderator status that you think is corrupt. But we should keep to the topic:

This new rule also means GP won't release games made by Mermaid/Shadow/Wertstahl etc, of course. We have done that before, and actually, I don't feel that is something I am proud of.

With taunting I mean the "We don't care about the boards and the silly rules" followed by the opposite reactions.
2019-04-02 09:29
hedning

Quote: @hedning: Interesting move of Cherry Soft in the past. Result shows that it did not work as the only existing crack is from F4CG. :D

@TheRyk: You are right. It is easy to obfuscate the source path if you want to or do not mention it at all. So the Propa Staff may suggest it but they have no proof. ;)

Well, release list editors have always bent rules to their favour, why should it be different today? That's some kind of tradition, too. :p

In what way is this in our favour? It stops us from releasing games by Mermaid/Shadow/Wertstahl etc etc. We have more games coming, and we won't crack them either. Laxity has nothing to lose on this, btw.
2019-04-02 09:35
Didi

My arguments have nothing to do with Laxity losing or winning anything. I just pronounce to respect tradition and cracking tradition does not care about the source of a crack (unless you recreck ;p), simple as that.
2019-04-02 09:45
Dr.Strange

@Didi: We in ATL lost points for this reason, so you can take your "bending rules in our own direction" back please. GP has gamedevs in the crew too. Then, we don't care where you get orries, the important thing is that they are not coming from a member of your group. That's all.

@TheRyk: HF got penalised because they re-released stuff. Shit happens, and this rule is everyone. Then, they released two games done by HF members and they got 0pts.

Again and again, we want the scene to be more interesting and challenging, but if you still think that first releasing your own games is fun and challenging, go ahead, nobody will stop you.
2019-04-02 09:51
hedning

Quote: My arguments have nothing to do with Laxity losing or winning anything. I just pronounce to respect tradition and cracking tradition does not care about the source of a crack (unless you recreck ;p), simple as that.

Respecting tradition is actually keeping from cracking games you made yourself. It has always been looked upon as a nono, and should be embarrassing. Please explain when and how it would be a good idea for the scene to promote creating games yourself that you then release yourself as a crack. I am curious for real, as I truly want to help the scene thrive and be taken a bit serious. Right now parts of it is a big joke, and I do believe Propalist is the path forward, and I know other groups are backing this view, even if they don't comment here (this is the wrong forum for it, and will only spawn criticism and trolling in the end by people not caring about the first release list to begin with).
2019-04-02 10:30
Didi

Releasing your group own games prevent other groups from gaining profit from your group's work. Usually you do not do the crack yourself but leave it to a groupmate (like MYD did) but it does not matter anyway. This was quite common in the past and is the traditional way I accept. You guys can make your own rules, but I take the freedom not to accept and support them.
2019-04-02 10:58
hedning

Quote: Releasing your group own games prevent other groups from gaining profit from your group's work. Usually you do not do the crack yourself but leave it to a groupmate (like MYD did) but it does not matter anyway. This was quite common in the past and is the traditional way I accept. You guys can make your own rules, but I take the freedom not to accept and support them.

Yes of course. Everyone can do their own list and rules as well. We choose to go this way, and we have people behind us. Other lists might have others behind their rules. It would be all happy and dandy is everyone agreed on everything, but that has never been the case - I guess that is part of the tradition as well. In the end I hope we did the right choice for the health of this scene of ours. Time will tell.

And they can still release their game to prevent others from gaining points, but they won't get awarded for doing that. It boils down to precisely that.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Pixelnacho/Hokuto Fo..
nucleus/TempesT
Alakran_64
K-reator/CMS/F4CG
Krill/Plush
dyme