Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #176969 : Super Mario Bros 64 +2
2019-04-19 15:13
hedning

Release id #176969 : Super Mario Bros 64 +2

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 19 April 2019
G*P perspective. This is turning into a discussion. Will copy the discussion to the forum.. From my moderator perspective.

User Comment
Submitted by Mr Ammo [PM] on 19 April 2019
"from our perspective". Is that your CSDb moderator / CSDb rules perspective or is it your G*P perspective. I feel there is a conflict of interest when you answer this question.

User Comment
From our perspective they are part of the same release. They were released together as it was meant. And they are both working.

There are many examples on releases that have different sorts of files in the same release: d64 and d81 versions of diskmags, cracks etc. Even mixed easyflash and disk versions of the same release in the same entry as they were released together.

User Comment
Submitted by Mr Ammo [PM] on 19 April 2019
Since the 191 blox version is a different version of this release, shouldn't there be a different release entry for this version as per CSDb rules and what the mods preach?

That way there will be a release entry for a working version and a non-working version for vanilla C64s.User

... 22 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-04-20 12:19
Pitcher

Quote: I hear ya. But this is not the place to discuss this. However: I've heard rumours about plans to make a Gamer's Guide thing, which would please you and many more. You might even be interested in being in some jury there?

I'm sure that would make the future bright.

More than 1 release of each game and a proper competition would make the scene even more active.
2019-04-20 12:47
Raistlin

Interesting observation about all the crackers complaining about the first release competition:-

- GP’s released a broken version;
- nobody else bothered to release because, of course, they didn’t think they could get the first;
- GP released a fixed version a long time later.

So... if some aren’t bothered about the first release component... why didn’t they release their better cracks after GP’s first attempt?

Something smells like a lie here ;-)
2019-04-20 15:13
Pitcher

Quote: Interesting observation about all the crackers complaining about the first release competition:-

- GP’s released a broken version;
- nobody else bothered to release because, of course, they didn’t think they could get the first;
- GP released a fixed version a long time later.

So... if some aren’t bothered about the first release component... why didn’t they release their better cracks after GP’s first attempt?

Something smells like a lie here ;-)

3 releases within 24 hours and a story on facebook about struggled because lack of space for a trainer. I really couldn't careless.

Except, Its been made a point in Propoganda more than once, when Fairlight have had to releases a game twice, I hope you mention it about yourselves next issue??

Also exomizer packs 0400-ffff, the game unpacked is 0800-ffff, where's the issue in lack of space come from ?

Where's the smell of lies coming from now ?
2019-04-20 17:08
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

...About the appearance of conflict of interests by a moderator...
Quoting hedning
User Comment
G*P perspective. This is turning into a discussion. Will copy the discussion to the forum.. From my moderator perspective.
It's not a discussion, it's an observation.

Just my 2 cents.
2019-04-20 17:40
Pitcher

Quote: ...About the appearance of conflict of interests by a moderator...
Quoting hedning
User Comment
It's not a discussion, it's an observation.

Just my 2 cents.

If any other group did it, it would be on the release, not a seperate discussion.

But hey hoy, it's sunny and beers are cold.

And fairly sure next issue of Propaganda won't even mention a Super Mario game ever being released 😆
2019-04-20 18:05
hedning

Quote: If any other group did it, it would be on the release, not a seperate discussion.

But hey hoy, it's sunny and beers are cold.

And fairly sure next issue of Propaganda won't even mention a Super Mario game ever being released 😆

You are both wrong. Discussions in the forums, and short comments about the release in the comments field. I have moved many discussions to the forums. Don't be paranoid. Also: Mr. Ammo can also be spotted attacking my acts every time he can, lately, it seems. I have no clue why though. We came along really good at X last time, and I like his devotion there.

I am perfectly aware of my two roles here, but if you disagree with that you could complain to Perff or the other moderators and have me kicked off as csdb mod if they agree I am not suited. No prob.

Pitcher: Thanx for believing in PropaList.
2019-04-20 18:11
Pitcher

Roles are cool, if you really aren't one sided.

You offered to stand down last time if people thought it was 1 sided, as much as I like you and have odd chats, yes it seems very 1 sided.

Are you going to down talk your own group next issue of Propaganda is my main issue ?

Also your facebook page and Raistlin talking bollocks don't help your story at all 😜
2019-04-20 19:11
iAN CooG

Pitcher: Exomizer also packs $0200-ffff adding one parameter.
2019-04-20 20:39
hedning

Quote: Roles are cool, if you really aren't one sided.

You offered to stand down last time if people thought it was 1 sided, as much as I like you and have odd chats, yes it seems very 1 sided.

Are you going to down talk your own group next issue of Propaganda is my main issue ?

Also your facebook page and Raistlin talking bollocks don't help your story at all 😜

As I said: You are free, and welcome, to complain to Perff and the others mods if you like, and have your views presented and let them decide if you are right, and I should go as a moderator. No problem there. But keep that to my moderator work only. My role as a moderator. What do you think a moderator does? If you can prove I am abusing my "powers", yes, then I should go. My "powers" are simple: deny/approve new users, banning people, censoring comments in other languages than English, or moving them to forums. I can also lock entries, and unlock them. But I am not alone in this, or course. The other mods will react and can and will discuss and revert my changes.

I have no idea what you mean by my FB page? It's of course my page where I write what I want. And Raistlin can write what he wants. It has nothing to do with what I do as a moderator.

In Propaganda all GP cracks are handled by Dr.Strange or Taper. They are not handled by me. We have always been sure Propa is not handled by one dictator that can manipulate stuff after his own will.
2019-04-20 21:42
Pitcher

Quote: Pitcher: Exomizer also packs $0200-ffff adding one parameter.

So even more room possible ?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Ervin/Abaddon
JackAsser/Booze Design
itsP/Nostalgia
lA-sTYLe/Quantum
LMan
t0m3000/ibex-crew