Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > VOTESHEET / .prg FILES in one ZIP / VOTE! | What's Up cover und remix compo
2019-10-29 11:25
CreaMD

VOTESHEET / .prg FILES in one ZIP / VOTE! | What's Up cover und remix compo

<Post edited by CreaMD on 30/11-2019 11:23>

ENTRIES: What’s Up Cover und Remix Compo

Rules:

Source material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc

Song lyrics: https://www.metrolyrics.com/whats-up-lyrics-4-non-blondes.html

Basic rules

0. As title of compo says. It's compo of remix and covers - any creative approach to the original material.
1. Max 1 tune per musician. Other attempts will go to "released outside compo section" you decide which one. If you make another tune. You can replace previous entry by new tune. You can't undo this later.
2. Results will be based on CSDB votes. Voting will be closed on 30.11.2019 23.59.
3. Silent and GFX entries not allowed. We know that some of you might call that an improvement over the original song, but no. You can't do that.

CreaMD

updated: 30.10.2019 0:14 AM added rule 0, explaining what kind of entries are expected.

updated: 1.11.2019 12:29 - better explanation of rule 1.

... 88 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-11-13 00:10
CreaMD

I wrote "Results will be based on CSDB votes".

Which exactly means only just that. No mention of CSDB rating.

Leave it on my judgement though. I can't assure that I will satisfy everyone, but I'm always trying hard, to get fair results for competitions I organize.
2019-11-13 10:29
wacek

OK.
2019-11-13 22:24
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

Quoting CreaMD
I wrote "Results will be based on CSDB votes".
I have got a list of all scores, if you're interested ;-)
https://tinyurl.com/quvcnee
2019-11-26 02:16
Scarzix

A lot of interesting approaches to this tune so far.
2019-11-29 18:57
CreaMD

Reminder for everyone. Deadline today 23:59:59. Voting until tommorow 23:59. (30.11.2019)

PLEASE VOTE

REQUESTS/INSTRUCTIOS
1. Please everyone who voted, cast vote for all participating tunes.
2. If you know anyone (C64/SID positive) who didn't vote, tell them to check the compo and vote for their faves at least. Thanks.
3. If you didn't vote yet, please vote. More votes, more fair results.

Thanx everyone.

RESULTS CALCULATION:
I will (try) to remove all votes from participating musicians from the equation (let's hope there will be still enough votes). I will carefuly analyse if any of the votes (this is the only situation I will be glad there won't be many votes then ;-)) might be cause by "animosities" or "teaming". If I'm spotting anything like that, I will do what I think is fair. I will make final ranking and and add reulting places to all tunes.

SPECIAL BONUS (I like to have fun...)

Tommorow I'm planning to have listening session with my two kids. Karin 8 and Miriam, she will be 13 on Sunday. I will be using standard 1-9 voting system all of us three will vote. I will (add my votes to CSDB of course). I will calculate special "results based on our votes" plus I will try to note down most interesting comments by my kids. Let's hope they will cooperate ;-).

Hey yeah yeaaah!
2019-11-29 21:43
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

Quoting CreaMD

RESULTS CALCULATION:
I will (try) to remove all votes from participating musicians from the equation (let's hope there will be still enough votes). I will carefuly analyse if any of the votes (this is the only situation I will be glad there won't be many votes then ;-)) might be cause by "animosities" or "teaming". If I'm spotting anything like that, I will do what I think is fair. I will make final ranking and and add reulting places to all tunes.
So in essence you'll be cherry picking the scores to your own liking.

Quoting Joseph Stalin – 1923
“I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how.”
I will have my all votes removed by the end of tomorrow. F*&k this shit.
Next time don't bother us with asking us to vote, please.
2019-11-29 22:02
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

If anyone else wants to remove their votes/scores for this competition. You can do this on this page: https://csdb.dk/userpage/votes.php
2019-11-30 00:28
CreaMD

At least I'm openly explaining what exactly I'm going to do. Which doesn't necessarily mean any of the votes will be removed from equation. It just means I'm checking all votes before counting. Did you have some votes that express your relation to author of tune more than opinion about music? That kind of votes.

Also removing votes from other participating that still depends on whether there is enough votes.

CSDB voting system isn't perfect for fair compo organizing, because there isn't equal ammount voters and votes. Also there isn't any real ranking/ordering involved. Also as a voter can't afford to give let's sat 3 to the least interesting tune here. Where I would do that in music compo with completely anonymous voting that would be compiled to results and thrown away after compo. In the end you need to order your voting sheet somehow, from best to worst. But here on CSDB? Not possible without someone complaining about it. Also not fair in general, because the vote should be only counted in context of the compo and separatedly from long term CSDB votes.
2019-11-30 00:34
Raistlin

Changing the voting system at the last minute to one where personal opinion could be perceived... is a mistake. All hell will break loose.

Good luck - this should be fun to watch ;-p
2019-11-30 00:46
CreaMD

I'm not changing anything. I wrote from the beginning.

"Results will be based on CSDB votes."

I didn't write anything about CSDB ratings.

My compo. My rules. My supervision. I organized many music compos, and counted votes on few parties. I never manipulated votes for anyones benefit ever. All I did was removing attempts to manipulate results(simplest example 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,9,1 and so on). And I reserve the right to check "what's going on" in voting in this compo too.

have a nice weekend, everybody,
r
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Acidchild/Padua
cadaver/covertbitops
Krill/Plush
zscs
Guests online: 124
Top Demos