Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > VOTESHEET / .prg FILES in one ZIP / VOTE! | What's Up cover und remix compo
2019-10-29 11:25
CreaMD

VOTESHEET / .prg FILES in one ZIP / VOTE! | What's Up cover und remix compo

<Post edited by CreaMD on 30/11-2019 11:23>

ENTRIES: What’s Up Cover und Remix Compo

Rules:

Source material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc

Song lyrics: https://www.metrolyrics.com/whats-up-lyrics-4-non-blondes.html

Basic rules

0. As title of compo says. It's compo of remix and covers - any creative approach to the original material.
1. Max 1 tune per musician. Other attempts will go to "released outside compo section" you decide which one. If you make another tune. You can replace previous entry by new tune. You can't undo this later.
2. Results will be based on CSDB votes. Voting will be closed on 30.11.2019 23.59.
3. Silent and GFX entries not allowed. We know that some of you might call that an improvement over the original song, but no. You can't do that.

CreaMD

updated: 30.10.2019 0:14 AM added rule 0, explaining what kind of entries are expected.

updated: 1.11.2019 12:29 - better explanation of rule 1.

... 88 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-11-30 18:09
CreaMD

I love that theme, but it's more about physical comedy than music. I can imagine demo timing/designs parodizing that cclassic "blue oyster" monent moment and I can also imagine it as running joke through demos from varios groups. Still npt atrong enpugh for music compo I think. General "tango" theme could work better.
2019-11-30 18:13
Krill

The best argument for democracy is that I am the democrator.

-- Winston W. Bush
And no, i wasn't talking TO you. =)
2019-11-30 18:19
CreaMD

What I really miss on c64 are epic heroic theme tunes/covers. Like for example avengers theme, pirates of carribean, how to train of dragon, kung fu panda 3 Kai's theme Pacific Rim theme and such. Simply epic/heroic motives that give you goosebumps when they start playing in the right moment. E.g. avengers worked quite well with that.
2019-11-30 18:41
Raistlin

@CreamD: we had PotC in X Marks the Spot ;-) ... and the crowd at X loved it, clapping along and cheering .. amazing work from Stinson and Steel :-)
2019-11-30 18:45
Jammer

Quoting CreaMD
What I really miss on c64 are epic heroic theme tunes/covers. Like for example avengers theme, pirates of carribean, how to train of dragon, kung fu panda 3 Kai's theme Pacific Rim theme and such. Simply epic/heroic motives that give you goosebumps when they start playing in the right moment. E.g. avengers worked quite well with that.

That's the worst music of them all /o\ With exceptions ;)
2019-11-30 20:09
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

Quoting Jammer
Quoting Mr.Ammo
So in essence you'll be cherry picking the scores to your own liking.

Far from it - redundant drama imho :) CreamD was quite specific that he trims only contestants' votes if any. I find it fair but not perfect - musicians have friends/groupies after all ;) I leave it up to org whatever comes :)
What you (and many others) don't seem to see here (I didn't notice it up until now either) is that CreamD is a moderator. He mentioned removing contestants from the votes. Meaning, he will be using his moderator privileges for other things than moderation of forum posts, comments and admin stuff. He suggested earlier on about removing votes he thinks would be inappropriate. He even told Wacek not to worry for his entry being at the bottom since he would look into it himself. Knowing that CreamD, as a moderator, can see how people vote influences voting behaviour by the voters because of likely repercussions (removing your vote). That's why anonymous voting is mandatory for any event and moderators shouldn't be allowed to view the votes of users.

Abusing moderator privileges should be a big NO NO on CSDb. It's a sliding scale if it is allowed to happen. It damages trust in our beloved moderators while most of them do their utmost investing in trust with the end user and keeping this site going.

Seriously, someone should revoke CreamD's moderator privileges if he's actually going through with using his moderator privileges to look up how people voted in order to remove the votes of the contestants and the voters he deems to be 'friends' or 'foes' of the contestant.
2019-11-30 21:06
CreaMD

Removing votes means not counting them when calculating results. I'm going to abuse my moderator right to collect votes and calculate results in excel sheet.

I sense sarcasm in your second paragraph.

Sadly, there is no such tool available. (Look. I speak sarcasm too.)

-------

In PM I sent you I have politely asked you to not to remove your votes and rather vote for the rest of the tunes. It's because I intended to use all of your votes.

And now you answer this way. You are mean. But I forgive you.

I also forgive Krill for his passive aggressive comments. You probably debated me? over IRC or somehting? I don't know. I'm just guessing. It's okay. I love you guys. I mean, seriously. I love you. :-p

have a nice evening,

Roman
2019-11-30 21:10
CreaMD

Quote: Quoting CreaMD

That's the worst music of them all /o\ With exceptions ;)

I love this kind of music for it's potential to create strong emotional reaction. ;-) But yeah, musicians who make you cry or shiver are evil! ;-)
2019-11-30 21:11
CreaMD

Quote: @CreamD: we had PotC in X Marks the Spot ;-) ... and the crowd at X loved it, clapping along and cheering .. amazing work from Stinson and Steel :-)

<Post edited by CreaMD on 30/11-2019 22:22>

Will check. But I don't excpect monumental epic sounds. We'll see ;-) Checked. It's not Epic, but it's still cool remix!!!

And this MCH's tune is SUPER FAT!!! http://hvsc.csdb.dk/MUSICIANS/M/MCH/Treasure_Chest.sid Yummy!
2019-11-30 21:56
Compyx

Just make voting mandatory for all CSDb accounts not participating. No votes -> account locked. That will surely stop all drama.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Endurion
zscs
Clown
HBH.ZTH/Abnormal
Guests online: 140
Top Demos