Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #188382 : Warlock
2020-03-04 18:46
hedning

Release id #188382 : Warlock

Continuing the comments-discussion where it is suited:

I look at it this way: The scene as a whole was and are a very mixed group of people with all kind of interest in the scene, but what they all had in common, even for the kids in this case, were the use of handles, and an attitude to create and/or share stuff. This thing is super lame, yes, but that does not take away the wish, or the attitude, to be part of the scene. We all started there. And these kids did swap, and they were young, and they tried - who are we do condemn that now, 35 years later? With more finds we might run into more advanced things these kids did, and viola, we have a more full picture of the history of the sceners in question, and of the scene as a whole.

If we are going to set up quality standards for what sceneprods can stay at CSDb (keeping out stuff "that are not elite enough"), we are entering a slippery slope, and we are missing the point with this database. What _should_ go, however, is non scene stuff.
2020-03-04 19:58
iAN CooG

Every release counts, lame ones included, everyone should just make sure credits are correct despite what's claimed inside them (99% of times are all lies, we all know how it was), by editing and entering the correct infos, instead of just whining on forums/comments.
2020-03-04 20:19
MagerValp

I'm taking my lame demo maker disks to the grave.
2020-03-04 20:26
Fungus

CREST demo maker ftw \o/
2020-03-04 20:36
hedning

Quote: I'm taking my lame demo maker disks to the grave.

The ones I backed up for ya? :O ;)
2020-03-04 22:25
hedning

Comments discussing a lot of stuff moved here:

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 4 March 2020
And why the actual f*ck are we discussing this here when the forum is wide open. Moving the whole discussion there.

User Comment
Groepaz: All scene releases, yes. I didn't say anything else, except that you seem interested in just filling in the most uninteresting stuff, probably just to make a point or to be a pain. Probably both?

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 4 March 2020
Either all releases count, or not. Please be consistent.

User Comment
Groepaz: If you are serious about adding stuff, we would be more than happy: we always need more people to help researching and adding missing releases. ;) We have hundreds of active users, but less than 10 persons actually contribute with the vast majority of uploads. Too many just whine in comments, or post p**p oneliners. Sad. It would, however, probably be more interesting if you did like me and the others and prioritized "normal" scene releases, with rare instances of "shit". Just spending your valuable time focusing on adding basic shit could be interpreted as ill-will and malice, however. Just sayin'. ;)

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 4 March 2020
Time to re-add all the BASIC shit then. Understood.

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 4 March 2020
Every release counts, lame ones included, everyone should just make sure credits are correct despite what's claimed inside them (99% of times are all lies, we all know how it was), by editing and entering the correct infos, instead of just whining on forums/comments.

User Comment
Submitted by Radd Maxx [PM] on 4 March 2020
The way I look at this stuff being here is I imagine this kind of scenario:

Some Guy is looking at a bunch of demos and runs into this one. They say to themselves "wow what a cool pic, I wonder who did it, did the person who made this demo draw it? I dunno, seems like lame demomaker shit, they probably didnt have the talent to draw this. I wonder the truth is on CSDb..."

User Comment
Groepaz: No. I'm not serious. I just did it to annoy you.

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 3 March 2020
The credits in this entry are so fucked up its not funny anymore. Nothing was actually done by this "def jam", except the scrolltext. everything else comes from the demomaker disk.

are you serious about adding this type of shit? jesus

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 2 March 2020
http://hitmen.c02.at/temp/raketenflug.prg

have fun

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 2 March 2020
Groepaz: Researching as we speak. They swapped with some Worrior. Lame or not. I wish I could find your earliest stuff. ;)

User Comment
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 2 March 2020
demomaker crap from a bunch of dudes noone knows? srsly?
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Alakran_64
Linus/MSL
Johnny/Abandoneds
Guests online: 109
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)