Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #189442 : Free Ammo!
2020-03-30 19:50
Moderators

Release id #189442 : Free Ammo!

Submitted by GH/MSL/Toondichters [PM] on 30 March 2020
There is a logical explanation for everything.

Waiting patiently...

User Comment
Submitted by Slator [PM] on 30 March 2020
as if corona was not silly enough...

User Comment
Submitted by Linus [PM] on 30 March 2020
WTF. Mr. Ammo? Seriously?

User Comment
Submitted by ZeSmasher [PM] on 30 March 2020
cool one!
what? Mr.Ammo banned? he's the nicest dude on planet Earth.

... 37 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2020-03-31 22:29
hedning

Quote: Hedning, it's getting slightly offtopic yes. yup, rules exist on CSDb and on every forum/site, but you can't compare the two really 1:1.
CSDb creates an unique id for every scener who contributed with something in this fab long living digital community through the years. It also collects all the stuff with the excuse "it's just a Db", sometimes ignoring author's will.
If you are one of those sceners you can decide to put a face behind that id, so you can activate your scener-id, which allows you to chat here on this beautiful forum and post your own stuff.
well, imagine facebook creates a user-id for every person in the world, it posts your photos and stuff, then it's up to you to decide if you want to impersonate your id by activating your account or not. of course you cannot remove the photos someone else posted, coz FB it's just a dB :)
ok, I'm getting really offtopic now. let's keep it short: I agree it's not human right to have a voice here. also since we aren't alone you can't walk naked here so I also agree on the point you must use some dresscode, which you call "rules".
but, hey: sceners are friendly and smart persons, most of us (me at least) are here coz we believe in this site. so typing "it's like this, if you don't accept it go build your own site!" it's a bit too hard and a bit too sad to me. sorry, my 2cts.

I didn't want to sound harsh. What I said was: there are rules, if you don't like them you should talk to the moderators, and they will discuss it. If you still won't accept them, then we are sorry, but don't make a scene (heh) about it, or start mess with stuff or break the rules, or go on a public crusade against it. They are there for a reason. And I also said that everyone could make their own project if they think they can make a better one. That's just true. We have Demozoo and Pouët and lots of other places and databases available already, so it's not impossible. Fairlight is trying to make one right now if I am informed correctly.

I wish all sceners could be friendly and smart, and thankfully most are. And I try to be the best I can be (it was easier before becoming a moderator as you sometimes have to make decisions that not everyone will love). The vast majority are wonderful people. That's why I love the scene. But most of the banned people were not so nice to fellow sceners, or tried to trash the database in one way or another, or could not accept the rules even after repeatedly being told to keep to them. It's like life in general, I guess. Thankfully the vast majority of people here are constructive, helpful and nice, and want all the best for this site and for the scene in general. Believe it or not: but we mods do our best to protect the integrity of the database and make this place a friendly, creative and constructive arena. We are not some dark nazi lords sitting in a castle somewhere planning to hurt people. We are you, but asked specifically to help out, in our spare time, with this place to keep it running.
2020-03-31 22:58
Golara
Account closed

Quote: I didn't want to sound harsh. What I said was: there are rules, if you don't like them you should talk to the moderators, and they will discuss it. If you still won't accept them, then we are sorry, but don't make a scene (heh) about it, or start mess with stuff or break the rules, or go on a public crusade against it. They are there for a reason. And I also said that everyone could make their own project if they think they can make a better one. That's just true. We have Demozoo and Pouët and lots of other places and databases available already, so it's not impossible. Fairlight is trying to make one right now if I am informed correctly.

I wish all sceners could be friendly and smart, and thankfully most are. And I try to be the best I can be (it was easier before becoming a moderator as you sometimes have to make decisions that not everyone will love). The vast majority are wonderful people. That's why I love the scene. But most of the banned people were not so nice to fellow sceners, or tried to trash the database in one way or another, or could not accept the rules even after repeatedly being told to keep to them. It's like life in general, I guess. Thankfully the vast majority of people here are constructive, helpful and nice, and want all the best for this site and for the scene in general. Believe it or not: but we mods do our best to protect the integrity of the database and make this place a friendly, creative and constructive arena. We are not some dark nazi lords sitting in a castle somewhere planning to hurt people. We are you, but asked specifically to help out, in our spare time, with this place to keep it running.

I don't think anything that goes outside the site should affect your account here
2020-04-01 08:21
Adam

Quote: I don't think anything that goes outside the site should affect your account here

One would rightly assume that this would be the case but apparently it's not. It's no problem, chat about CSDb will just move to private channels or private messages in the future. :)
2020-04-01 08:37
chatGPZ

Quote:
I wish all sceners could be friendly and smart, and thankfully most are.

April fools, do you love them? :o)
2020-04-01 12:10
Shine

Some Facts:

1) It exists rules on CSDb.
2) The rules are for all users which have an account here.
3) The rules are public accessable for everyone.

Why is it forbidden to refer on it public?
I do not understand it.
2020-04-01 16:24
TheRyk

Adam: better to Dark Net if you wanna be on the safe side
2020-04-01 18:48
hedning

Quote: Some Facts:

1) It exists rules on CSDb.
2) The rules are for all users which have an account here.
3) The rules are public accessable for everyone.

Why is it forbidden to refer on it public?
I do not understand it.

One example: If the rules tells you not to post deleted links in public, then don't.
2020-04-01 19:00
Jazzcat

Quote: I don't think anything that goes outside the site should affect your account here

Agree with what Golara said.
2020-04-01 19:18
Shine

Quoting hedning
One example: If the rules tells you not to post deleted links in public, then don't.

I can understand this of course.

But my intention was the referring to existing rules.
(I.3) for example.

I have fairly to say, that a Mod told me meanwhile, that is still ok to discuss rules in public. But not in a trolling meaning, which is fine to me aswell.
2020-04-01 19:59
hedning

Quote: Quoting hedning

I can understand this of course.

But my intention was the referring to existing rules.
(I.3) for example.

I have fairly to say, that a Mod told me meanwhile, that is still ok to discuss rules in public. But not in a trolling meaning, which is fine to me aswell.

Good. Because if you want to change things, please contact the moderators and discuss it nice and civilized. That is the way to change things. The wrong way would be to spend all your free time trying to prove points by undermining CSDb and force your opinion on others.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Guests online: 338
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)
4 Edge of Disgrace  (9.6)