Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #189204 : The Curse of Rabenstein +DS
2020-04-01 21:04
Luca

Release id #189204 : The Curse of Rabenstein +DS

Submitted by Luca [PM] on 26 March 2020
Oh come on, this is *my* solution exactly like I added on Plus/4 World, in the same sequence and with some useless moves I added as markers! :D

Submitted by Luca [PM] on 28 March 2020
Few days passed and I got no answer, so let me write it clear, with no urge of opening a forum thread: Larry, I'm waiting you to speak about the solution you added as bonus to your crack. For general interest, this is the solution I added 5 days before your release, showing the same useless moves used as markers and the exact sequence of moves just like yours. In the name of the scenetiquette :)
http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/The_Curse_of_Rabenstein#s..

Submitted by Larry [PM] on 1 April 2020
I had missed the discussion here somehow. Well to answer the questions here:
1. I decompiled the Game's DDB File, means I have the complete Source incl. the solution, if you know how to read DAAD Sources. That's also the Source where I got the parser's Verbs from.

2. I have no access at Plus4 Forum. With public access you don't see any Solution of that Game.
3. I played the Game as it was available as Web Game.
4. I don't claim that the solution is completely done by me. I got plenty of tips from some Friends that like to play Textadventures.
However if you or someone still feels the need to be credited here. OK -> do it. I'm fine with that.

Submitted by Luca [PM] on 1 April 2020
You can freely see the soultion on Plus/4 World, even with no registrations (it's in the release's page btw, not in the forum, though the forum is registration free too), I've written it with the anti-spoiler option on, you only have to use the joystick :)
Ok, if you say it's not, there's no need to credit me. But believe me: it's in-cre-di-ble that your sequence is word by word identical to mine, and with some useless moves I myself put here just as a mark! :D
..and let me say you're magic, if you are able to accomplish what you said in point 1, both for me and the author of the DAAD compiler himself who I'm chatting right now :D

Submitted by Larry [PM] on 1 April 2020
Well if you are chatting with Stephan Vogt, then ask him if it's OK to publish the DAAD decompile, to prove my words. After all it's no rocket science to do, what I've done :)

... 9 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2020-04-01 22:40
Larry

OK so the credits go to:
My Uncle Martin, Harald a friend of mine and one of our neighbors, a teacher who is into Text Adventures and Role Play games since decades. All of them have nothing to do with C64 and C64 Scene. Besides gaming on sixtyfour in the early 80ies. I can't tell you why they used the one or the other term and why. I had the digital release 2 days late, because I thought the Collectors Edition that I bought, would be shipped before the digital release. So I was pretty much suprised as HF came up with their release. Means I was already 2 days late, and had no time to do the solution completely by myself. I played the Web Version before, but did not complete, because of rare spare time. So I took the help that was there on phone, and two walls behind me....
I don't know if one of them took your solution or parts of it. My neighbor definately did not. And I verifyed with the decompiled Game Database and a Test Walkthrough. So again, put your name there if you like. It's OK for me.
2020-04-01 22:42
Luca

Quote: OK so the credits go to:
My Uncle Martin, Harald a friend of mine and one of our neighbors, a teacher who is into Text Adventures and Role Play games since decades. All of them have nothing to do with C64 and C64 Scene. Besides gaming on sixtyfour in the early 80ies. I can't tell you why they used the one or the other term and why. I had the digital release 2 days late, because I thought the Collectors Edition that I bought, would be shipped before the digital release. So I was pretty much suprised as HF came up with their release. Means I was already 2 days late, and had no time to do the solution completely by myself. I played the Web Version before, but did not complete, because of rare spare time. So I took the help that was there on phone, and two walls behind me....
I don't know if one of them took your solution or parts of it. My neighbor definately did not. And I verifyed with the decompiled Game Database and a Test Walkthrough. So again, put your name there if you like. It's OK for me.

...and, just for curiosity, who did take all the slices of the solution from so many sources and assembled'em into one? And this assembled Frankenstein casually is identical to mine even in the alternated verbs?
2020-04-01 22:43
Smasher

Quote: It's obviously your solution. If you want to supply solutions for text adventures in the future, contact GP and we'll credit and praise you.

bah! F4CG offers you full credits, a custom intro, free beers lifetime, our girlfriends/wives, a c64 made of pure gold.
2020-04-01 23:13
hedning

Quote: bah! F4CG offers you full credits, a custom intro, free beers lifetime, our girlfriends/wives, a c64 made of pure gold.

Bah! Code a demo or crack a game for once, will you. Or join us, and I'll whip you to it. You'll like it. :D
2020-04-01 23:24
Smasher

who you asked to join? Luca I hope, not me. With me onboard G*P will get from Europe's #1 to Europe's lamest within the week :)
2020-04-01 23:42
hedning

Quote: who you asked to join? Luca I hope, not me. With me onboard G*P will get from Europe's #1 to Europe's lamest within the week :)

:D I love you.
2020-04-02 10:29
Frantic

Hedning loves Smasher.. Okay, but isn't that off topic?
2020-04-02 10:31
chatGPZ

we'll run out of bread and cheese soon
2020-04-02 10:55
Smasher

so I think we need 2x double rooms (I'm not a fan of gangbangs). Hedning & me, Luca & Larry. we also need Moloch to close the topic.
2020-04-02 13:19
Count Zero

Day shift closes this.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Apollyon/ALD
Fungus/Nostalgia
Guests online: 98
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)