Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #103289 : Generic Intro (Top Slow)
2021-04-07 17:02
TheRyk

Release id #103289 : Generic Intro (Top Slow)

Quoting 'User Comment
Submitted by Radd Maxx [PM
on 11 March 2021']
According to a comment from "Kree" on intros.c64.org, this common-as-dirt US intro, used by several groups when a full/normal intro wouldn't fit, was programmed by Rad Man while a member of TSM. It's very similar to TSM Intro, so I can buy it as a fact.

There are at least two variations of this intro, in this one the bottom scroll is faster than the top scroll. There is another variation where the top scroll is faster.

As long as no one proves an older version by TSM to exist, I'd rather keep assuming all these intros were hacks of
Eagle Soft Incorporated Intro (so far earliest find in databse is Feb 1988)
2021-04-08 16:31
Radd Maxx

Quote: Quoting 'User Comment
Submitted by Radd Maxx [PM
on 11 March 2021']
According to a comment from "Kree" on intros.c64.org, this common-as-dirt US intro, used by several groups when a full/normal intro wouldn't fit, was programmed by Rad Man while a member of TSM. It's very similar to TSM Intro, so I can buy it as a fact.

There are at least two variations of this intro, in this one the bottom scroll is faster than the top scroll. There is another variation where the top scroll is faster.

As long as no one proves an older version by TSM to exist, I'd rather keep assuming all these intros were hacks of
Eagle Soft Incorporated Intro (so far earliest find in databse is Feb 1988)

I've looked through dozens of these intros now and really there aren't "all these hacks", there's just a slower/faster top vs bottom scroll.

I did miss the date on the first known instance of this intro, and it doesn't make sense for the Release group to be TSM. Makes more sense for this to be ESI, coded by Rad Man, who was associated with Mitch via Hell Hacker..

While we're in this vein, can anyone verify who coded the other ESI intros? I have written down that the two major picture and scroll intros were done by "Trevor Edwards" but I can't figure out who that is. It's always been my impression that Mitch himself never did any of the intros and that his coding almost never (or, just plain never) involved any sort of audiovisual component.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Case/Padua
CA$H/TRiAD
Exile/Anubis
goerp/F4CG
Asphodel
Magic/Nah-Kolor