Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #11406 : Neonazi Cracking Crew
2021-06-10 15:45
MuZZa

Group id #11406 : Neonazi Cracking Crew

Hi all, I remember when we wanted to register on CSDB. almost a year requesting to we be admitted (literally a year asking to be allowed to create an account) for we be able to upload our stuff... And suddenly, by magic, we see that a group that proclaims itself "neonazi" with only one release during the '87, has an entry in the database. Sorry guys, it's inevitable for us, to ask ourselves, which is the objective of giving visibility to a group called NEONAZI... also that it doesn't even have big productions to be considered of importance for the demoscene (not even mentioning them).
if you have a table with 10 people and a nazi. So, you have a table with 11 nazis ... we are not sitting at that table.
Without the intention of generating discussion.
Moderator you can close this thread.
Best Regards,
The Codeblasters.

... 29 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-06-10 16:10
Jammer

Only single users have accounts. Groups have only database entries. If your group released any production, it should be here as valid group entry with list of members, releases etc.
2021-06-10 16:11
CreaMD

Quote: - the group has no account
- csdb documents all scene productions

You said it more effectively than me, thanx.
2021-06-10 16:48
chatGPZ

Perhaps spanky can chime in?
2021-06-10 16:51
MuZZa

We still don't want to generate a discussion about this, what we have written was rather a declaration of principles but in any case, the question remains unanswered: for example, if we as a group, we dedicated to promoting Nazism in our releases (CSDB will surely ban us for ever) but CSDB would keep our entries to document what our group did in their database... then, the Nazi propaganda would be continue accessible on-line in the CSDB database, even if we, as a group couldn't continue uploading releases. Although the account is a single user, the purpose can be used for the same shitty behaviour. Therefore, what is that motivates giving visibility to these kind of groups? none.
Best Regards.
2021-06-10 16:58
chatGPZ

The motivation is to document what the scene released and releases. No more no less. That includes the shitty releases and the good releases.

And that particular release doesnt even contain "Nazi Propaganda".
2021-06-10 17:07
MuZZa

Quote: The motivation is to document what the scene released and releases. No more no less. That includes the shitty releases and the good releases.

And that particular release doesnt even contain "Nazi Propaganda".

You are mixing two different things. One thing is what you consider to be a good or bad release (which is totally subjective). Another is what is propaganda. "Neonazi" for us in the name of the group is enough propaganda to kick their asses to the fucking hell and obviously not to even mention them as content generators. They offend only with the name. We understand the purpose of the database, there was no need to explain it. The criticism is oriented to the fact that this type of content should not even be admitted.
cheers
2021-06-10 17:10
iAN CooG

Muzza: by your reasoning all copies of Mein Kampf should be burnt and forgotten but it's even available on amazon if you want it.
Documenting also the bad things helps not repeating the same errors, or at least that should be the intention =)
You would be surprised how many pseudo nazi/commies/racist/every kind of extremisms (and other human stupidities) are found in some old C64 groups, you only spotted just one that have a obvious hint in their name.
Don't make it ruin your day.
2021-06-10 17:27
MuZZa

Quote: Muzza: by your reasoning all copies of Mein Kampf should be burnt and forgotten but it's even available on amazon if you want it.
Documenting also the bad things helps not repeating the same errors, or at least that should be the intention =)
You would be surprised how many pseudo nazi/commies/racist/every kind of extremisms (and other human stupidities) are found in some old C64 groups, you only spotted just one that have a obvious hint in their name.
Don't make it ruin your day.

hi Ian! If I'm completely honest with you, I think that the sale of mein kampf should be absolutely prohibited (not forgotten but prohibited). With a single copy available in a library, it's enough for any idiot to think of himself as belonging to a superior race. And to ruin my day...trust me, I have enough with the nazis who flutter around in Spain like flies...for that reason I clarified that it was a declaration of principles and that I had no intention of generating discussion. cheers!
2021-06-10 17:27
chatGPZ

Quote:
You are mixing two different things.

nope. you are trying to make it different things. there is no reason whatsoever to not document those releases. documenting them is in no way related to acknowledging them, condemning them, or whatever else. Think of a history book.
2021-06-10 17:29
Krill

The funny thing is that their group name and that one release can be offensive only with historical context.

There doesn't seem to be any actual racist, fascist or otherwise objectionable text or speech contained. The intro scrolltext is perfectly innocuous.

If some person or extraterrestrial alien who'd never heard of Nazis, some guy called Adolf or repurposed swastikas checked out that crack, they wouldn't bat an eyelid. =)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iAN CooG/HVSC
encore
LHS/Padua
Luca/FIRE
t0m3000/ibex-crew
DeMOSic/HF^MS^BCC^LSD