Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #230315 : Zelya - Slava Ukraini +4H
2023-03-12 01:19
hedning

Release id #230315 : Zelya - Slava Ukraini +4H

Submitted by Raistlin [PM] on 12 March 2023
I’m sure this thread will be moved to discussion soon, and locked…

On the release: while I 100% support Ukraine (Fuck Putin), this release makes no sense as-is… any Western or Ukrainian action to kill Putin will escalate matters, it’ll further the commentary that this is somehow “The West” against Russia.. the best way that this can end is if Putin is killed or removed by his own people.

Plus, it’s kinda lame reskinning old games - not that much work was put in on that of course. It was lame for sceners to do that in the 80s so, now, it’s surely even worse…

On those sympathising with Russia.. honestly, stop. If we consider what happened nearly 100 years ago as justification, how do you feel about Germany, Austria..? And, hell, what about the attrocities brought about by the English, the French, the Spanish..? The annexations in Ukraine were illegal. They displaced citizens, brought in Russian citizens and had a vote. How about if I bring a group of 10 of my mates to your house, we lock you outside and then have a vote about who owns your house??

To the forums with this thread :-) (better yet, lock it down completely before someone puts a foot in it).

User Comment
Submitted by Mermaid [PM] on 12 March 2023
Bacchus: Maybe I misread Lynx but I interpreted his comment differently: When Russia signed that act, they pledged not to threaten or use force against Nato allies and any other state. A pledge they broke when they illegally annexed Crimea, etc.

It is possible to be in favour of helping Ukraine to defend themselves and still think that releasing a C64 shoot'em up about an ongoing war is somewhat reductive and in poor taste.

User Comment
Submitted by Bacchus [PM] on 11 March 2023
We did expect a few comments from people fed the Russian troll cool aid, and we were right. Any argument that slags mainstream media as part of the argument is rather lame in my eyes. Proves the point of being blinded by the trolls.

Donbas was a region inside Ukraine. Period.

NATO Russia act? Do link to that. Sounds like a big laugh. Ukraine is a sovereign country. It's can chose to orient itself towards the west. But Russia is afraid of loosing control over their once puppets.

Vanja - well one can debate if a war game is the right thing, but there is a war and I see only three outcomes: 1) Ukraine falling after Russian bombed it to ashes and there is noone left to defend it, 2) Russia leaving after Putin having no options or 3) Putin being removed from office. The latter tends to happen through windows from great heighs.

I am a peace loving person, but I also think that power hungry dictators sometimes need to be stopped using power on the battle field. Like was done in the 40s.

User Comment
Submitted by Mermaid [PM] on 11 March 2023
Fuck Putin and his cronies with a rusty pitchfork, and Слава Україні, absolutely.

A war game though, really? Seems a tad inappropriate, somehow.

User Comment
Submitted by Lynx [PM] on 11 March 2023
Please read the NATO Russia founding act, and judge again

User Comment
Submitted by .jetan/ Samar [PM] on 11 March 2023
I am an enemy of mixing the scene with politics. It comes out rather average - just as this production is average. Let us remember, however, that in 2014, after Maidan, Ukraine was the first to attack free republics such as Donbas. NATO has expanded in violation of all pacts. I'm not rooting for either side - I'm looking at the facts and the mainstream media. And cheering for the Ukrainians is an insult to their slaughter of defenseless Poles ~200,000 victims in the years '43-'45! Disgrace! In the evening, Ukrainians and Poles drank vodka, ate dinner, hugged each other. In the morning the Poles were already dead... You do not know this in the West, because nobody has written about it and will not tell you it. So, Slava somebody... Slava ...

User Comment
Submitted by Bacchus [PM] on 11 March 2023
It's surely not a satire project. It's the message first, the narrative in the docs secondly and the game third.

And I tend to vote ten on our own release to counterbalance the haters who downvote anything we do to ensure our average don't surpass theirs.

User Comment
Submitted by Paul Bearer [PM] on 11 March 2023
I really don't know. Support Ukraine? I'm all for it. But slapping a new title and a few intro pics on an old crap game? And then voting 10 for your own release? Is this some satire project?

User Comment
Submitted by 4gentE [PM] on 11 March 2023
MAJOR CRINGE ALERT!

User Comment
Submitted by Neo-Rio [PM] on 10 March 2023
Based on "Arnie"? It IS Arnie!
Not even a redesigned new map to play on....

... 11 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-03-12 11:31
4gentE

I guess unfortunately Bacchus provided us all with proof of the old “if you don’t grow up when it’s due, you become a monster” concept. What with view of such horrors as war with all the nuance of a not very bright 10 year old, or citing Tony’s retarded 80s bullshit in the intro thinking it’s cute, not to mention overall poor taste. I wish the guy could see this because I normally have nothing but respect for him and the group. It’s sad really.
2023-03-12 13:46
CreaMD

"Free republic such as Donbass...", what a dumbass.
2023-03-12 16:55
chatGPZ

Honest downvote from me. Hurts to see crap like this released by once great groups.
2023-03-12 17:00
Krill

Honest downvotes are the best downvotes.

But remember that voting "1" does less damage than a tactical "6". =)
2023-03-12 17:03
chatGPZ

Quote:
But remember that voting "1" does less damage than a tactical "6". =)

That's what the mainstream media wants you to believe.
2023-03-12 17:53
TPM

I think this is not the place to debate such topic as this war
2023-03-12 18:03
TheRyk

I haven't got any problems with scene not ignoring politics, not even that sceners debate political issues in this forum (even if it makes me read pro-Putin stuff that makes me wanna puke, freedom of speech includes enduring such opinions)

But in this thread:
Please stick to the discussing and commenting the RELEASE!
2023-03-12 19:32
.jetan/AI-supported Machine

This discussion and this production should never take place in this forum. It must be made clear that a different opinion does not mean that someone supports Russia! Especially me - as a Pole. Poles are a proud nation that has experienced and continues to experience much harm from Russia and Germany for centuries. Of course, there are definitely more countries that are interested in our wonderful country. But most importantly: none of you talk or make demos about it, that this is a US-Russia war in Ukraine. It is the USA (NATO) that has been intensively dragging Ukraine into this war since the Maidan. The US in defense of $ must now weaken Russia on its way to China. Anyone who undermines the Bretton Woods deal - and China quietly does - ends up like Mu'ammar al-Gaddafi or Saddam Hussein. Who decides about peace? Who is talking about ending this conflict? USA and Biden's cabinet suffering from senile dementia with Russia. Not so long ago (press releases were in early February) the US offered Russia a peace deal in exchange for 20% of Ukraine's territory. Russia rejected this proposal. The saddest thing is that in this discussion, as well as in real life, no one investigates the facts. No one questions why the USA has been waging wars for over 200 years, why they promote "peace" in the name of "democracy", and why they often sponsor both sides of the conflict. It was the USA who invented such a thing as "stabilization mission", "peacekeeping mission" as a synonym for war. Remember when the US bombed Yugoslavia not too long ago? Do you see what is happening in Palestine now? Why don't you shout? No, that's not a fucking topic for this forum. This is not a topic for our scene. Shame on the very idea of this demo. Now shout while I go draw my crappy graphics. I will do it with a clear conscience, because I will not let myself be called a Russian troll just because I have to draw conclusions, analyze and write as it is, always rejecting what the mainstrem tells me. Let's finish this topic. And war, anywhere, anytime, and anyone against anyone, is madness and evil.
2023-03-12 20:00
Hein

It's just a lame release. We're not in the trenches, what do we know?
2023-03-13 10:20
Lynx

@bacchus : want to fool me? Never heard about
The NATO Russia Act? Cant be https://www.nato.int/cps/su/natohq/official_texts_25468.htm

@mermaid: you are right,russia broke that act
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
lA-sTYLe/Quantum
Laddh
Scooby/G★P/Light
Walt/Bonzai
Mason/Unicess