Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #1754 : Triton Technology
2008-01-04 23:56
TDJ

Group id #1754 : Triton Technology

So, j0x made the next comment regarding Real D.Y.S.P.:

"I'd say this wasn't released in 1987, but in (early) 1988. It was apparently made as a response to Triangle's d.y.s.p. demo (PhotonDYSP, released in December 1987), mentioning that Dosman had made Triton's d.y.s.p. "back in november 1987" and the scroll ends with "jokes are all (c) by the triton headquaters 1988!!"

At first my gut feeling told me he was wrong, but then I did some digging, and now I'm not so sure anymore.

First of all, the year that Triton T. was dissolved is set to 1987. I might even have done this myself, based on the fact that I really believed The Funeral, their last demo, to be from that year. However, checking the scrolltexts of that demo mentions a (c) 1988 ex-Triton T. Also, there are at least 2 other demos from 1988 (High Tech and Cosmic Copyparty).

So, although Dwangi mentions in the trivia that "Most of the members of Triton Technology formed Upfront in late 1987.", I now think that yes, 1988 is the year this group stopped their activities. And Real D.Y.S.P. was probably released that year as well, just like j0x stated.

But what really puzzled me is the "Most of the members" part of Dwangi's statement. The memberlists shows only 2 people being in both groups (Ray and Zoro). Does this mean that some people changed their handles? Or was Dwangi off again?

To me this group was one of the great from those days, so I hope somebody here can shine more light on this matter. I'll start by setting the dissolved day to 1988.

One more thing: I also noticed that somebody reset the release type of The Funeral to music collection. Ofcourse I have no idea who this is but please people, just because a part has several tunes in it that can be selected by pressing various keys, doesn't mean it's a music collection! Such parts were very common back then, mainly because most music was taken from games.

... 37 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-01-05 16:14
Rough
Account closed

Quote:
Anyway, back to this case: if Cosmic Copyparty was released on the 21st of February of 1998 (the last day of New Life's Copy Party 1988), then The Funeral should have been rele

Ten years of partying... GREAT.

Nice scene investigation btw.
2008-01-05 22:19
SIDWAVE
Account closed

claus buus jensen is the coder of TT (dosman)
henrik buus jensen is the musician (megaman)
nike is nike of danish gold, who joined TT

i know this because i am danish scene :)
2008-01-05 22:35
TDJ

Okay, guess we were way off then .. since you know way more of this than I do (never knew them personally), can you maybe answer the next questions?

- was Hennig Andersen ever in Triton T., and under what handle?
- was Henning Andersen Einstein/Upfront?
- was Hendrik B Jensen in Upfront, and under what handle?
- was Claus B Jensen Hades/Upfront?
- if not, was he in Upfront under a different handle?
- did Nike join Upfront as well, and if so, under what handle?

Thanks in advance.
2008-01-05 22:53
j0x

Rambones, I think your memory is playing tricks on you. Check out for example Music for Masses. I can only agree on the following two statements:

1. Henrik is the musician
2. Nike was in DG
2008-01-06 00:09
TDJ

Quoting j0x
From Spy vs. Spy III - Arctic Antics +: "Nike has left Danish Gold and formed a new group called 'Triton T'". So there's only one Nike (I think you agree on this, Jan).

Keyboarder has some scroll text by Henrik, mentioning "Claus B. Jensen (my big brother, [...]".

Keyboarder also mentions the game (working title "trazers", later to be changed, see below) that Henning, Claus and Henrik are working on, with Henning as coder, Claus as graphician and Henrik as musician.

Music for Masses mentions that "megaman, dosman and nike" are working on a game which "has changed name, [...] because a little lamer called himself 'trazer'". This indicates that Henrik, Henning and Claus are indeed (in random order) Megaman, Dosman and Nike. Music for Masses also states that Megaman is the big brother of Nike.

Combining this information, we have that

Nike is Henrik Buus Jensen, the musician
Megaman is Claus Buus Jensen, the graphician
Dosman is Henning Andersen, the codician.

Quoted here to keep the discussion within one thread.
2008-01-06 01:36
Rough
Account closed

Hm, I also think Henrik B. Jansen is Megaman, he did both graphics and music. And hence the name of the music label Mega Music Denmark.

Additional info: http://pirates.emucamp.com/c/triton.html
2008-01-06 06:16
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote: Okay, guess we were way off then .. since you know way more of this than I do (never knew them personally), can you maybe answer the next questions?

- was Hennig Andersen ever in Triton T., and under what handle?
- was Henning Andersen Einstein/Upfront?
- was Hendrik B Jensen in Upfront, and under what handle?
- was Claus B Jensen Hades/Upfront?
- if not, was he in Upfront under a different handle?
- did Nike join Upfront as well, and if so, under what handle?

Thanks in advance.

i never saw that henning andersen is in TT
i dont know einsteins real name
i dont know if henrik jensen was in upfront
i dont know if claus jensen is hades/upfront
i never saw nike in upfront

i cant tell you anything about upfront in fact
2008-01-06 06:20
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote: Quoting j0x
From Spy vs. Spy III - Arctic Antics +: "Nike has left Danish Gold and formed a new group called 'Triton T'". So there's only one Nike (I think you agree on this, Jan).

Keyboarder has some scroll text by Henrik, mentioning "Claus B. Jensen (my big brother, [...]".

Keyboarder also mentions the game (working title "trazers", later to be changed, see below) that Henning, Claus and Henrik are working on, with Henning as coder, Claus as graphician and Henrik as musician.

Music for Masses mentions that "megaman, dosman and nike" are working on a game which "has changed name, [...] because a little lamer called himself 'trazer'". This indicates that Henrik, Henning and Claus are indeed (in random order) Megaman, Dosman and Nike. Music for Masses also states that Megaman is the big brother of Nike.

Combining this information, we have that

Nike is Henrik Buus Jensen, the musician
Megaman is Claus Buus Jensen, the graphician
Dosman is Henning Andersen, the codician.

Quoted here to keep the discussion within one thread.

niope!

henrik is megaman!!
claus is dosman
nike is nike

i know because i met megaman on a party
2008-01-06 15:39
SIDWAVE
Account closed

ok i was wrong, wtf :)
2008-01-07 12:09
Nike/Triton T
Account closed

Hello everybody,

I have been asked by Marco to join this forum in order to help answering some questions about Triton Technology. First of all, let me thank you for your interest in TT. As a group, we had a lot of fun back then and it is easy to get nostalgic. It's nice to see we haven't been completely forgotten.

Back in the 1980s we were three people living in the same little village outside Randers, Denmark - that was me (Henrik), Claus, my brother, and Henning, my best friend back then and also my class mate during elementary school. Together we formed Starlight Strikers in 1986, which I later quit to join Danish Gold. I left DG to start Triton T in 1987, which was renamed Upfront in 1988, when we decided to stop cracking games and focus on demomaking instead.

I only remember the year in which the stuff above happened, not the month, sorry.

On the C64, I was Nike (musician, main swapper), Claus was Megaman (graphics) and Henning was Dosman (coding, cracking, swapping)

On the Amiga, I was Eleanor (musician), while Henning was Einstein (coding). Claus was not active on the Amiga, and I myself was only active for a little while.

Hope this clears things up.

Various other things:

- TT were the first group to crack the game Bubble Bubble. We were very proud of that :-)
- Johannes Bjerregaard was not from Randers, he lived in Grenaa
- Dolphin Dos ruled! Hehe!

Best regards,
Henrik
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
CreaMD/React
Hagar/The Supply Team
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
Scooby/G★P/Light
Fishbone/The Vegetab..