Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #1610 : X 2010
2010-01-27 18:40
Burglar

Event id #1610 : X 2010

The date is final: 1,2,3 October 2010 in The Netherlands.

New location!

More info will follow soon.

... 422 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-10-04 08:47
cba

Quote: Thanks for a great party to all, and to the organizers to making us all able to feel like one big family.

And now the nagging part:

This didnt go so well as the other times, several problems:

Self service at beer bar: result = chaos, mess, missing opener tools, no cold beer, at times no beers at all to get.
Toilets, no paper, basement filled with smoke making people sick because staying there in all that hash and having to stand up..

Kitchen: placing food handout at a counter with only room for 3 people, who then mindlessly stand in cue for 45 minutes to get something, instead of placing the stuff on a big table so 20 people can be served on same time...

If compos cannot be made in upper main hall, i dont think this place is usable. i understand you wanted to make x bigger, with more visitors, but then this basement is fail, as there is not enough room, for 200+ people.

Bitching over, its still the 2nd best party ever, the x2008 was in my mind the best ever and is hard to top :D

Have another beer jan and organise something yourself ok.
2010-10-04 09:19
cba

To all of you, I have forgotten my X orga t-shirt, contact me please if you have found it!.
2010-10-04 09:21
cavey

Jan, stop bitching. For 80 euro's you get a shitload of free beer, food and a sleepingplace to boot!

Considering the logistical sides of things: it kinda sucked bigtime to have the fridges either in the bunker, or the kitchen. So transparting crates of beer all the time kinda sucked. Maybe next time we should rent some fridges orso to keep the beers cool. Then again, with 200 beer hungry sceners, the beer doesn't really have time to get chilled anywasy :P No matter what we throw at it (even using the deepfreezer to get things going!)

About the kitchen: yeah, that could have been done better, and yes, mainly there were sceners just hogging the line waiting for whatever "yes, it takes 10 minutes for the other stuff to be heated up enough to be ready for serving"... and they just keep waiting for 10 minutes >_< Come on guys, just walk a couple of more times. You've handed in your food voucher anyways, so basically it's an all you can eat :P

Btw, using a large table for food handout doesn't really work that well when there's not enough seating available, nor plates'n'stuff :)

So Jan, do like CBA said: drink another beer and organise your own party with
a) food included
b) beer included
c) sleeping place included
d) big ass soundsystem
e) 200+ people possible

and try to keep the price down...... good luck!

Oh, and don't forget: first time new venue, always bound to have some logistical issues with everybody getting used to the new setup.
2010-10-04 09:27
Frantic

Haha.. yes.. If you managed to use C-Vote entirely without problems then there was probably at least a bit of luck involved. This is not to complain at C-Vote, because it has certainly been very useful on the BFPs and LCPs where we used it, but there is at least one or a few bugs in there which would have to be fixed before I would dare to use it at LCP again. :)

Last LCP we used another system that I coded myself. It is similar from the voter's point of view, but a bit more "basic" from the votesheet generator's point of view. The entries are entered directly in the source code instead of via a tool, and then the vote sheet program is generated directly by the assembler instead.

By the way.. How many visitors turned up at X in the end?
2010-10-04 10:20
Yazoo

hey... this party was really awesome. and i dont really want to complain - it was just great and i will be back in 2 years for sure (i hope there will be an X)...

about what jan said... its not totally wrong in a few points (kitchen). but with the beer it worked all quite well for me.

my main-problem was, that there was just one machine for coffee which i needed quite much. so i ended up just having a half coffee the whole party after waiting 30 minutes for it :-) a 2nd machine will solve that problem easy the next time i guess.
well, i survived it, but thats just a not so unimportant thing for the next one eventually since i heard some ppl complain about that.

i know its really hard to organize a party perfect with all that stuff (we tried hard for oxy-party) and you guys really did a great job with it.

what i also missed was a bit of data-feeling in the hall - because the big screen was downstairs in the somewhat small basement. with bad air. i would have enjoyed a demoshow or something in the mainhall but you cant have it all.

eventually another little improvement could be the prizegiving. you know - when you have worked your ass off you would just like to know the result you have made - also if you are not in the top3 - but not a big deal - since you uploaded them very fast on sunday.

dont get me wrong - i dont want to really complain - i just want to make a few suggestions for the next time.

and now for the positive things which is quite the most of it... so forget about the negatives i typed

- sound equipment was awesome
- biggest c64 only party (woa, 230 attendants - just great)
- great and friendly atmosphere
- very peaceful
- you did not run out of beer (!!!!!!!)
- enough parking space
- nice beds
- enough toilets
- friendly organizers
- our gps could find the partyplace (not so in hengelo)
- nice competitions with a good presentation
- lots of more positives - i cant just name them all...

in the end this was awesome - and i wish you never stop organizing these X-party series forever.
2010-10-04 10:30
Steppe

The party was a blast, once more! For me the best ever, even though the bigscreen room in the basement was a bit small for all the people. Organisers, this time you were all constantly busy, running around, organising stuff. Really, your efforts are much appreciated, thank you so much! Greetings to everyone I had the pleasure to hang out with. Polish party posse, you rocked as usual, and thanks for the welcome sandwich!
2010-10-04 10:30
Tim

Quoting Jan Harries
Thanks for a great party to all, and to the organizers to making us all able to feel like one big family.

And now the nagging part:

This didnt go so well as the other times, several problems:

Self service at beer bar: result = chaos, mess, missing opener tools, no cold beer, at times no beers at all to get.
Toilets, no paper, basement filled with smoke making people sick because staying there in all that hash and having to stand up..

Kitchen: placing food handout at a counter with only room for 3 people, who then mindlessly stand in cue for 45 minutes to get something, instead of placing the stuff on a big table so 20 people can be served on same time...

If compos cannot be made in upper main hall, i dont think this place is usable. i understand you wanted to make x bigger, with more visitors, but then this basement is fail, as there is not enough room, for 200+ people.

Bitching over, its still the 2nd best party ever, the x2008 was in my mind the best ever and is hard to top :D

On behalve of the organisation of X2010:

Your right Jan, there is numerous room for improvement. We interpret your post as positive critisism from which we can learn a lot to organise an even better party in the future.

The main challenge this year was moving to a new party place. This was inevitable as we got complaints about the soundlevel and the limited amount of beds.

We didn't have any clue about how things would work out beforehand. This made X2010 the hardest party to organise and that took a lot of effort beforehand and afterwards.

Considering this we spoke with quite a lot of people and I was under the impression that the majority had a good time and that is what is most important to us.

We will take your remarks into consideration at the party evaluation.

2010-10-04 10:38
MagerValp

Quoting WVL
Ehr.. why wouldnt it work? Are there mysterious problems and was I just lucky? (I did test it a lot before using it, though..)

I'm guessing the problems are related to the development branch that we've been using.

Quote:
The only nagging thing is the 16 entry limit, so this time we had to divide the gfx over 3 categories and manually resort the results into one big category.

There's an entry limit? That might be why we're using a later version then :)
2010-10-04 12:23
Conrad

What a bloody awesome party! \o/ That 8-10 hour journey has definitely paid off! :D
Thanks everyone for the great times !!
2010-10-04 13:12
Archmage

The party rocked! Pulling off something like that on a new venue was extremely well done, period. Never you mind the naysayers. Hugs to CBA, Tim and the rest of the friendly staff who never got too busy for a chat and a joke. And to quote the speaker: give it UP, y'all!
Previous - 1 | ... | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | ... | 44 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Rick/F4CG
Dymo/G★P
csio/monarchy c+4
CA$H/TRiAD
icon/The Silents, Sp..
jmin