Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #1610 : X 2010
2010-01-27 18:40
Burglar

Event id #1610 : X 2010

The date is final: 1,2,3 October 2010 in The Netherlands.

New location!

More info will follow soon.

... 422 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-10-04 14:33
Frantic

Was the compo schedule eventually followed, or did the compo take longer time than planned? Interested here from an LCP point of view. :)
2010-10-04 14:40
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Tim, thanks for seeing my nag as 'evaluation' and thats really just what i mean to do.

CBA, saying "do it better yourself or shut up" - take a course in receiving critics Niels :D

Yes, i do want to orga a party, located in Denmark.
We dont have one for many many years, and we should, with the historic legacy that dk scene has... really

I guess i just have to throw aboard all my concerns about north of dk people not coming, and south too.

Why dont more swedes go to holland, and why are there no south people in swedish parties, so my concern is, will people travel as long for dk as they are willing to for X ?

So its better to just forget these "oh no, will they come ?", and move it up to realizing level, and just give it a try.

More on this in spring 2011..
2010-10-04 14:43
SIDWAVE
Account closed

If anyone has ALL X releases in a zip i would like.. clicking all those links to dl it all seems an overwhelming task for me.. a virus has taken me over in the train home and i am now fucking sick..
2010-10-04 15:19
TPM

@jan: So you have enough time to download all releases, ZIP them and post the ZIP here ;)
2010-10-04 15:20
Conrad

Regarding the venue...

I personally thought there was nothing wrong with the organisation, especially when it comes to moving the party to a new location.

There were the odd minor problems. The amount of beds were very limited and I ended up sleeping on the floor because of it (though the vodka helped the pain ;)) There was also a shortage of coffee sometimes, but that was obviously due to not knowing the amount of visitors at the party.
Finally, the power consumption did cause a few trips on the electricity (at least on the desks where I was)... though this always happens I guess... the same happened at Silesia 4.

Apart from that, it was a great demoparty! Lots of beer/vodka, lots of data, lots of SID music, really friendly sceners! What more can you need?
2010-10-04 15:20
Frantic

@Jan: I think there was actually a substantial number of non-Swedes at the last LCP. A guess is that around half of the visitors last time were non-swedes. ...possibly because the party was held in the very south of Sweden. So.. I don't think it is impossible to get some Scandinavians/Europeans to a .dk party (if the invitation/concept gives the right vibes. :)

Then again it might be better to go for a small scale party first, and let it grow gradually for a few years. Both for your own sake (getting a firm grip on the organizing part) and to be able to eventually fool enough people into showing up. :)
2010-10-04 17:39
PAL

WHAT A GREAT PARTY!

THEY EVEN DID DRIVE US TO OUR HOTEL WHEN WE ARRIVED...

Very very good party... I kinda loved the basement underground vault place for the compo...
2010-10-04 17:40
cba

Quote: If anyone has ALL X releases in a zip i would like.. clicking all those links to dl it all seems an overwhelming task for me.. a virus has taken me over in the train home and i am now fucking sick..

I just posted the graphics :

All GFX releases (ftp://ftp.scs-trc.net/pub/c64/Party/2010/X/X10_Graphics.zip)
2010-10-04 17:46
cba

Quote: Tim, thanks for seeing my nag as 'evaluation' and thats really just what i mean to do.

CBA, saying "do it better yourself or shut up" - take a course in receiving critics Niels :D

Yes, i do want to orga a party, located in Denmark.
We dont have one for many many years, and we should, with the historic legacy that dk scene has... really

I guess i just have to throw aboard all my concerns about north of dk people not coming, and south too.

Why dont more swedes go to holland, and why are there no south people in swedish parties, so my concern is, will people travel as long for dk as they are willing to for X ?

So its better to just forget these "oh no, will they come ?", and move it up to realizing level, and just give it a try.

More on this in spring 2011..

You can take a lot of courses about other things ;)

Just skip X parties and go to professional ones in the future Jan, they probably suite you better.
2010-10-04 17:52
macx

An awesome party organised by a brilliant crew!

The new place is all in all much better than the one it has been held the past events. This for several reasons:

+ It can hold more people and thus more c64 nrrds can show up.
+ The house with the sleeping facilities is separated from the barn where the party is held, making grumpy geezers being able to get their beauty sleep.
+ The Someren place encourages outdoorsy activities. Together with the physical training that comes with über dancing, X might even be an event that is beneficial for the health of the common scener. Making sceners live longer will prolong the life of the c64 scene.
+ The main hall has more of a data party vibe.

However, obviously, some baby diseases are to expect:

- The downstairs area was !FAB! for the gigs (6581 rocks!), however it was less well suited for holding a looong compo. During compos people sit down and for this reason, and a few others, the main hall would be much better. I understand the problem of then having to have two separate sound systems, but if I had to choose I would rather the gigs had to compromise than the democompo.
- Lack of coffee error.
- When a R.I.P. Jerry of Triad picture appears on the big screen prior to the compos, a silent minute is expected, not "MEK SZOME NOISE YA'LL!!".

Together with the Nordic, Aussie and American pre-partying in Amsterdam this has been a helluva week. Now my liver needs some rest.

It deserves to be repeated: Fabulous effort and hard work by the organisers. I am thankful.
Previous - 1 | ... | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | ... | 44 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Nith/TRIÉ…D
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
Guests online: 167
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)