Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #1610 : X 2010
2010-01-27 18:40
Burglar

Event id #1610 : X 2010

The date is final: 1,2,3 October 2010 in The Netherlands.

New location!

More info will follow soon.

... 422 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-10-04 18:40
The Communist

It was a brilliant party. A big big big thanks to the orga team. I had lots of fun and haven't been drunken like then for some time. Meeting the old folks again, some after more than 17 years was great too. To be honest, we still look as great as we did back in the early 90s. ;)

About the organization I do not want to complain at all. There are always things to improve anywhere, mistakes get done. But in the end most of it got solved. I hope that some of the dutch organizers think about their plan not to organize another x and let happen the next one latest in 2012.

But up to then I think there is a fucking big gap which has to be filled. I only hope that my expectations I could have on those parties won't be too high now. But in the end you can't comnpare apples with pears.
2010-10-04 18:41
Mace

X-2010 was great!
If I'd really have to nag it would be about... err... well...

There were enough beds, although during the first night I slept in a different bed than the second night. For the better, as Booker kept half the barn awake with his "sound track". Can't say the beds were a point of complaint.

The compos in the basement were long, and if it hadn't had a floor, I would have had to stand up... instead, I sat down on the floor. Standing on the other hand wasn't that bad, as I had been on my ass for the entire day already... nope, can't say I'd have to complain about it.

And standing in line for the food gave me the opportunity to talk to sceners I'd otherwise not have spoken. And the fresh air was welcome to. Nope, no complaints either.
Food was fine too, even the crappy shit-on-a-stick ;-)

Let's see, what's more...?
Oh, right, the shortage of coffee.
I don't drink coffee.

Ah, wait... the picnic bench gave me a sore ass.
Next time I'll bring a little pillow (or arrive earlier and get a spot with a proper chair).

Give it UP, y'all!
2010-10-04 18:49
Oswald

Quote: The party rocked! Pulling off something like that on a new venue was extremely well done, period. Never you mind the naysayers. Hugs to CBA, Tim and the rest of the friendly staff who never got too busy for a chat and a joke. And to quote the speaker: give it UP, y'all!

+1
2010-10-04 19:27
Poeba
Account closed

Some X'2010 Party pics me and Axe made, enjoy!

www.art4people.nl/x2010
2010-10-04 19:28
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote:
You can take a lot of courses about other things ;)

Just skip X parties and go to professional ones in the future Jan, they probably suite you better.

Quite arrogant statement Niels..
You have organized 10 X parties, so i would call that quite professional..
2010-10-04 20:04
wacek

Awesome party. Much respects to the organizators for all the effort and heart put into making this a success :) You just secured yourselves some Polish regulars for the upcoming editions! ;) Of course there were minor glitches here and there, but who cares when the overall experience is so amazing. Thumbs up!
2010-10-04 21:37
Steppe

Hah, blame the Booze Design guys for all that. Only since EoD people are used to a flawless presentation in every aspect and now they start complaining about "tiny bugs here and there", unnecessary flickering of screens due to unstable electricity rasters or something. But honestly, next time please get some proper Latte Macchiato for breakfast. I'm used to that for chrisssakes, I can't change habits so easily at my age anymore!!!11
2010-10-04 21:52
Sir Garbagetruck

Freaking _killer_ party.

Jan: I have an opener. Living in Finland, you learn after about 3 minutes of being on .fi soil that you need an opener AT ALL TIMES (: Find me if you can't find one. (Goes for anyone, but you know. (: )

Out of coffee error: next time I pack enough heavily caffeine laden tea. Then we just need hot water. (This works better than instant coffee, which, ugh what a horrible thought I think I'll think about good tea now...)

OK, at least one person who attended is saying they aren't going to go to ANY Dutch parties anymore because the attendees (NOT the organizers) wouldn't stop smoking even when asked repeatedly to stop.
Um, seriously, wtf, we're all supposed to enjoy this, and just like if one of your friends drinks too much you take care of 'em, you take care of the people who are nearby who can't breathe. I mean, move away or summat, or wait to smoke til you get thru with the compos, or shout for a bathroom break so we can do important personal things like beer or smoke or stuff. (I could seriously have used one, I went the entire demo compo without a beer cuz I wasn't gonna miss a damn minute of the compo in case something was THAT awesome. I normally solve this by just getting a case and handing 'em out to people around me during the compo, but I sort of wasn't able to do that AND bring a chair.) Seriously. Don't f*ck someone else's party over being a dick about stuff, people will see that you're a dick and no one needs that crap bringing them down during a party.

Now, we'll get thru the idea that it was just a one time thing, and that next time it's not gonna be an issue cuz you know, we'll be sure that it doesn't if they just hang with a larger group who doesn't smoke anyway during the compos, but still. Some people hate smoking and in an enclosed space it sucks, and we don't need a freaking rule or any of that crap to "enforce" it. Just be cool to everyone LIKE WE FREAKING ALWAYS DO.

You know, the whole "Be excellent to each other" stuff which always happens and is why even when shit goes all wrong, demoparties still kick ass. Because of people and just having everyone's back.

Oh, and, yeah, I can't stand up anymore after sitting on the floor for more than 10 minutes. And standing for long periods makes my feet go "will you sit the EFF down soon sheesh." I'm b0rk3d that way (shut up I'm only 6 mentally shut UP I am not old I'm b0rked.) So yeah, chairs for the compos gets my vote.

Anyway. Cripes what a freaking excellent party.
2010-10-05 06:33
cba

All music releases ftp://ftp.scs-trc.net/pub/c64/Party/2010/X/X10_Music.zip
2010-10-05 07:33
enthusi

Hell, we're all grown up and can handle smaller discomforts :)
Awesome party and personally I really liked the split between machine-hall and compo-floor.
That way I could actually talk to people upstairs!
And probably helped those that coded as well.
240 (+) people, only very few dead-drunk no riots I witnessed - man, that seems to be rare!!
Cudos and well done :)
Previous - 1 | ... | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | ... | 44 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
csabanw
psych
McMeatLoaf
Guests online: 355
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)