Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #1610 : X 2010
2010-01-27 18:40
Burglar

Event id #1610 : X 2010

The date is final: 1,2,3 October 2010 in The Netherlands.

New location!

More info will follow soon.

... 422 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-10-05 14:48
ne7
Account closed

awesome awesome party, thanks to the organizers and also all the peeps I bumped into there for making this one a really ace event! \o_ really can't wait for the next one :)
2010-10-05 15:17
DaTucker

The party was awesome!

I really don't understand all these nagging comments.

Yes, I had to wait a few minutes sometimes for my beer. That was no problem, it was an great opportunity to chat up with others and meet new folks that were waiting too! And after all, I could have gotten more beers than I could handle. So the waiting part wasn't annoying at all, it was fun instead!

Keep in mind the organization consists of volunteers. They're no pro's and did a hell of a job. I even like it things aren't working out smoothly all times: this keeps me aware of the fact the party is organized by sceners in the first place, not some commercial and profit making company.

Please keep in mind too that the crew (like 10 people I believe) had to manage all kinds of stuff while 230+ others just are consuming and enjoying. I wonder if everyone is aware of the effort that has to be put in the organisation.

For 80 euro's this party is a bargain. Beds to sleep, beverages as much as you can handle and a great atmosphere during 2,5 days.

Organizers, please don't let the nagging you get to decide to quit organizing X-parties! I and many others say that this was perfect!
2010-10-05 15:39
Stainless Steel

Quoting DaTucker
all these nagging comments
I for my part was merely giving some feedback. No nagging involved.
2010-10-05 16:08
GT
Account closed

I really liked the party place. Thumbs up to the organizers and visitors. Nice meeting you all! Amsterdam was very nice too, just a little bit too much of Dutch Breeze for me. :) Respect to those who'd travelled all the way from USA and Australia.
2010-10-05 17:51
macx

Quote: Quoting DaTucker
all these nagging comments
I for my part was merely giving some feedback. No nagging involved.

Yep, that goes for me as well. Having read the comments after my post yesterday I am a bit at odds with what people claim as nagging (if they refer to my post, that is). Some seem to take what was meant as constructive critique towards an already awesome party as an almost personal insult, immediately going into defence-mode on behalf of the organisers.

Well, you do not have to. I am passionate about them all and the effort they put into the party. It is an act of c64love2 this beauty of a beast.

It is possible to totally appreciate the awesomeness of X and at the same time mention a few things to keep in mind when organising another party. We are grown ups and can discuss, everything is no longer black and white as in the war between WCC (yeah!) and SCC (bläh!) :-).
2010-10-05 17:57
Frantic

@macx: While you are right in theory, you are wrong in practice. As an organizer, you're so tired and worn out the day(s) after the party so you just give a shit about constructive criticism, i.e. whining about obvious details that you are already too well aware of. You yourself may rather be surprised that the whole place didn't explode or so. ;) 3.867 days after the party, it is more than ok to provide some constructive criticism though. :)

Well, I exaggerate of coz, and a whole lot too, but I just wanted to bring that aspect in. :)
2010-10-05 18:11
macx

Frantixxx: I hear what you are saying and agree. I spent a few hours with Niels on the airport after the party and I sure as hell reassured him of the supremeness of the event while he told me about all the hard work put into it.

The thing is that the complaints about "nagging" here does not come from the organisers, but from other people (which I was trying to point out two posts ago). And to defend myself I still see my post from yesterday as way positive with some minor thoughts of what could be improved. Next time I will wait a few days or just shut the fuck up (and hope that trolls here will do the same).
2010-10-05 18:15
Frantic

@macx. sure.. and in any case, if I remember correctly, you even pointed out explicitly (in your initial post) that it was just some feedback basicly or so, so I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :)

(Although I do suspect that those who label posts like the one you wrote as "nagging" do it precisely because of precisely that worn-out-organizer-syndrome..)
2010-10-05 18:34
DaTucker

You're right, there is a difference between nagging and constructive criticism. The latter one is not what I meant by nagging comments, so don't have hard feelings if you only tried to do some suggestions for improvement :-)

I meant people nagging about minor details like having to wait for beer, complaining about the entrance fee and so on.

2010-10-05 18:41
Frantic

Now give us some nice anecdotes from the party instead!
Previous - 1 | ... | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
grennouille
Mibri/ATL^MSL^PRX
Smasher/F4CG
Guests online: 70
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)