Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #2065 : 3-Color-Logo Competition 2013
2013-03-07 21:27
Oswald

Event id #2065 : 3-Color-Logo Competition 2013

"Submitted by dandee [PM] on 7 March 2013
Bad news. Sorry to say, but Didi has been kicked out of CSDB and he asked me to tell you that the compo is canceled, as he can't take care from the outside. The reasons for kicking him are kind of a mystery to us and have not been told. Ask the admins of this very site for reasons. Sad to see another active guy, that actually contributed a lot (specially to growth of this archive) been thrown out. Sorry to all you guys who did a fabulous job and put much efforts into this, but under this circumstances you probably will understand that it does not make much sense to carry on with this compo. Never really been active here, but I guess I will deactivate my account as well. Take care..."

So, what happened here?

... 67 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-03-08 10:28
E$G

time is rolling ...
CSDb is the place where we (still) like to release, comment, use the forum ... it's not heaven but really a good place.
CSDb lives because it's a matrix (or data base) well organized, full of info ... it's a free place and lives because of their users ... mainly sceners!
People are spending time to upload their or other works from the past and nowadays.
I'm sure we can split in 3 main groups, moderators did the right thing, diehard support to Didi, don't care at all!

time is rolling ...
there is a new component it's called proud, stupid and selfish ... usually destroy part of our lives or make it run in a different way ...

so before the things take the wrong turn and proud stop every humble position try : the moderator to give the opportunity to Didi to come back and Didi to accept it and be back ... this is obviously not related to the compo!

we are all responsable of our action ... there are no winners .... just losers .. and all we are. We lost Didi - active scene member and talented & skilled cracker - obviously not the stuff he hopefully will go on doin' -- laxity members are still here ... SPANKERZ HEAVEN TRIAD/ONSLAUGHT & GP bbs are still on - so we can get his stuff there.

We lost moderators serenity ... too much pressure it's not a good thing and they are risking to lose trustness too ...

We don't need to know the background of what the hell happened, we don't need to have a drama ... we just need our full community back as before.
Let's do it be4 time will run out!
2013-03-08 12:23
Skate

There are some sceners who you would like to hear about time to time. Didi was one of them for me. It's not that we are good friends, it's all about our community being not that big enough. I don't want to hear less about any of you. I wonder what he might have done wrong to get kicked from CSDB? We all know that he wouldn't try to harm CSDB, right? So, what's the problem? Fucked someone's girlfriend or wife? It doesn't make sense to me and I'll be waiting for his come back.
2013-03-08 12:43
Dr.Science

CSDB was one of the reasons, why I got all my discs transferred in order to upload to the database the missing stuff. Also finishing some project, CSDB as a motivator. So CSDB IS a part of the scene.
Have no idea what Didi did wrong, I can only say his work and his passion he put into the C64 is fantastic. So give us a REALLY REALLY GOOD reason why he is banned or let him come back immediately!
2013-03-08 13:08
chatGPZ

i come to visit you. you tell me not to smoke weed in your livingroom. i then turn around and roll a spliff, light it and start discussing with you how smoking weed doesnt hurt anyone and basically is a good idea, and your idea of offering me beer instead is silly. then eventually i get my ass kicked and find myself smoking weed - outside of your house.

for short: if you can not respect certain rules eventhough you do not agree with them, you'll have to stay outside. being able to edit the database is a privilegue, not a right. there is no problem with not agreeing to the rules and discussing them (and infact that is a good thing and eventually even leads to changes now and then) - however downright shitting on them will certainly not get you what you wanted to achive.

and this ofcourse isnt specific to csdb at all, any other website/forum works like that. if the reasons for being kicked are really all that mysterious to didi, then i cant help.

Quote:
csdb is the only place the scene gathers.

that'd be pretty scary if that'd be the truth. the day when csdb constitutes the one single point of failure of the c64 scene - it is dead.
2013-03-08 13:44
Skate

Completely guessing but now it seems to me Didi over criticized some CSDB rules, had a discussion with one (or more) of the admins, maybe he said something like "if it's like that, i'll leave this place" or even worse like "fuck off/you" etc with anger and admins said "so be it". I'm not saying that there was no reason to kick Didi out. But I repeat, i want him back (being not a close friend of him). I wouldn't get involved if it was some annoying lamer who deserved it but in this case, i want this problem to be sorted out even if Didi has deserved it.
2013-03-08 13:48
chatGPZ

just convince him to respect the rules, various staff members AND various users already tried - and failed. (and speaking for myself: i am not willing to invest more time into discussing that fact with him. i can only assume that it is the same for others)
2013-03-08 14:01
spider-j

groepaz: if that was my house, I'd take off the fire detector, open the window. Because even if the weed smoke bugs me: I know it's a better party when you are *in* and not outside.

To the topic: if it's really about that pal/ntsc-nametagging thing, I must clearly say that imho what Didi wanted to do was definitely the right thing. Yes, it was wrong to (ab-)use the release names for that matter. But I hope that there will be a compromise, as the information Didi wanted to provide (about compatibility) would be really cool to have in this database.

So I hope the site staff and Didi will find the time to talk this over again.

I understand the reasons for the ban. But it makes me sad that it had to get to this point. Never met him personally, but Didi has always been a nice person on the web and it's a real loss. And to me the loss weighs more than the win for the database atm.
2013-03-08 14:12
chatGPZ

Quote:
groepaz: if that was my house, I'd take off the fire detector, open the window. Because even if the weed smoke bugs me: I know it's a better party when you are *in* and not outside.

indeed. YOU are the one to decide if an exception will be tolerated - not me. that is exactly what makes the difference. whatever you decide, i will have to accept it. and it doesnt matter at all if i think what i want is "better" either. or even if everyone else thinks so. i'd even have to accept that exception being made just for didi and not for me. or for everyone else BUT me. and even then if the reason is "i dont like your nose". there is very little room for argueing there - your livingroom, your rules. end of story.
2013-03-08 14:20
spider-j

groepaz: yes, I agree that argueing is useless. I'm not here to argue. I already did what you usually say: I made a demo about it =)
2013-03-08 14:30
E$G

It's sad because we are still babies here ... oldskool & new joint forces ... our past - our future.
When we are here we like it and we spend our free mins / hours for something we like and we still believe in ... THE SCENE!

We didn't sign a contract ... we can deny the votes system, we can say this place should work better but we like it!

This is not the scene but it's the site that mix the biggest and catalogued db around ... it's the place where we mainly choose to stay ... without any trouble ... without thinking too much and acting with innocence ... maybe it's time to grow up and take a close look to the docs .. starting from here ...

http://csdb.dk/help.php?section=intro

and eventually propose some changes ... in a democratic way!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Shake/Role
DjS/Silicon Ltd
Exile/Anubis
katon/Lepsi De
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Dymo/G★P