Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > This is the Thread for everything NUFLI!
2009-07-19 23:30
DeeKay

This is the Thread for everything NUFLI!

The Era of NUFLI has begun - Bye Bye Interlace!

So what do you guys think? 8)

btw. Until Bitbreaker decides the converter is fit for release, you may send me your pictures and I'll put them through it. No, I won't fix the bugs for you (been doing that for over a hundred hours in the recent months! <:-), you gotta learn your way around the editor eventually if you want that extra edge of perfection - But I will offer some advice on different approaches how to combat teh blockiness or teh color lack, i even prepared some tutorials I will post here later! ;-)

Please do keep in mind that even in NUFLI, you still only have 3 colors horizontally in every char -with one fixed for 6 chars- (5 or 6 in the FLIbug, but that's for all 3 chars!). Considering that IFLI has a maximum of 6 colors in one char, it's quite surprising the pictures in the Slideshow come over so well, but apparently most people don't use IFLIs capabilities to the full extent - and then there's the horizontal PAL colorblur, which means many different colors don't actually make so much sense after all, since you can't distinguish all the colors so well anyway!

... 160 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-07-08 11:36
Carrion

DK
Koala is not dead neither is Hires! Take a look at Joe's latest works they are beter than ever (and pure koala) or Vetos or Deev's hireses... to name a few.

You say:
Quoting DeeKay

NUFLI does make possible new styles and techniques that weren't possible before - but that have yet to be explored, it's just gonna take some time till people adapt to it

Totaly agree, BUT people will not adopt it untill the converter will be released. It's now a year since CSS and I've seen 5 maybe 7 NUFLI pics since then. Mostly done by people who have access to You and/or Myself.
I hate to say it but I stoped to use NUFLI untill the converter will be released and all of us will have the same chances. For now koala is my mode of choice

And I know, I know about the NUFLI editor but using it from scratch is brain dead idea!
2010-07-08 12:04
DeeKay

Perplex: No, YOUR ditherstyle. We made the converter for people that don't wanna worry about limitations (=the crowd that flocked to IFLI) and just do their pics in c64 colors in Timanthes, Photoshop, Pixen, Project1, Promotion or whatever and then simply convert them (and fix them a bit).

Bitbreaker also built in that truecolor convert ability, but that's not what it's about. He just did it for the pr0n basically! ;-) And you can definately tell the stuff that has been converted from truecolor, enthusi's pic looks nice, but not like pixelled! 8)

Carrion: Fair enuff. Shouldn't be much longer! ;-D
2010-07-08 16:06
Sampaguita
Account closed

I'm really looking forward to use it, too. I thought about trying IFLI for my next pixeling attempt, but it would be interesting to see how it works out in NUFLI. :)

Maybe it's a stupid question but is there anything available to create a PRG out of it?
2010-07-08 17:24
enthusi

You dont need a separate displayer.
(You find technical information on the format in the editor itself).
The file format (see the .nuf-file I linked to) contains a display-code that can be launched via SYS 12288 (or exomize it accordingly, beware, 12288 is NOT the load-adress).
Both, the converter and the native editor use this NUF format for output and i/o, respectively (optionally a packed version).
For such a mem-hungry format, quite genious IMHO.
2010-07-09 10:58
Sampaguita
Account closed

Quoting enthusi
You dont need a separate displayer.
(You find technical information on the format in the editor itself).
The file format (see the .nuf-file I linked to) contains a display-code that can be launched via SYS 12288 (or exomize it accordingly, beware, 12288 is NOT the load-adress).

Very interesting. So I can just put the .nuf file into a .d64 file, load and launch it. Did I get that right?

Are the technical information already available somewhere? I would like to know the possibilities and restrictions of NUFLI in detail. :)
2010-07-09 11:26
Carrion

Sampa:
Yes You can. but then you have to do SYS 12288 or G$3000. It's better to put it through exomizer and make it runnable.
2010-07-09 12:28
Trap

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is NUFLI? (From a technical point of view) I understand it's a new graphics mode, but what are the specs and how do you do it?
A link to more info would be appreciated.

Trap
2010-07-09 13:53
Stainless Steel

According to DeeKay, it's the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end of all GFX modes :-D
2010-07-09 14:34
Perplex

Quote: Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is NUFLI? (From a technical point of view) I understand it's a new graphics mode, but what are the specs and how do you do it?
A link to more info would be appreciated.

Trap

Hi Trap! Take a look at post #11 by DeeKay in this thread, it gives a brief technical explanation of how the mode works.
2010-07-09 17:38
Cresh

And/or if you possibly speak POLISH, you can check issue no. 5 of C&A FAN magazine. ;)

http://ca-fan.pl/wszystkie-numery.html
Previous - 1 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Zardax/Artline Designs
Guests online: 76
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)