Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > DeepSID
2018-05-12 17:49
JCH

DeepSID

I have made my own online SID player. It uses Jürgen Wothke's WebSid emulator and can also play digi tunes. You can browse all of HVSC #68 with it.

Check out my blog post for more information:
http://chordian.net/2018/05/12/deepsid/

Direct link:
http://deepsid.chordian.net/

... 197 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-07-25 18:53
JCH

> biggest window should be the browsing window. many folders
> have hundreds of tunes and I get to view like 6 at one time.

I have actually been giving this a lot of thought.

The sundry box (which is the box with the STIL or scope) can be resized by dragging the bar in the bottom, just above the player controls. Furthermore, if DeepSID detects that there is insufficient vertical space upon refreshing or resizing the browser window, it automatically minimizes this sundry box.

On a desktop computer, you can manually toggle the latter with the s hotkey.

> currently played tune title should be highlighted.

The row should be highlighted in the browser list when clicked. Is this not what you mean?

For auto-progressing, you can decide whether the next tune should highlight or not with an option in the settings.

> cant change buffer size in cogwheel icon because I should be
> logged in, but can change on piano tab without logging in.

This is another one I've actually returned to quite often.

The buffer size setting is available in the visuals views because it's directly relevant to how fast they update. Smaller values work much better there. Similarly, the scope view automatically shows a button to change this if it's not at the right setting (it requires the biggest setting).

And since the visuals views are not available on a mobile device and the scope view only works with the maximum setting anyway, this is always the default there and thus should never require adjusting.

DeepSID does require some CPU juice in the computer or device to work well, especially now that the WebSid emulator has been updated to work on a cycle-by-cycle basis recently. It's impossible to ensure that it runs perfectly on all computers. If speed is a problem, I recommend using the SOASC handlers instead of the emulators. They play real MP3/FLAC recordings and require very little CPU time.
2019-07-28 15:11
Oswald

about 1/3 of the screen is empty (right side)

so why not have 3 vertical blocks:

- list of tunes "area for browsing/find tunes"
- osci + piano+ settings - everything regarding playback/visuals
- info about current tune

recommended folders etc. put this into list of tunes, hence logically belonging there.

every function should be put logically into its "area"

and maybe a horizontal section on top for login / menu (looking at it now emulator type select positionally mixed with login, this belongs to playback settings into one logical box)
2019-07-31 11:06
Mr. SID

Also, have you thought about combining the piano and graph views somehow?
I've made this many years ago, which might give you some ideas: http://galway.c64.org/~sid/analyzer.png
2019-07-31 11:16
JCH

Quote: Also, have you thought about combining the piano and graph views somehow?
I've made this many years ago, which might give you some ideas: http://galway.c64.org/~sid/analyzer.png

Wow, that looks nice. I like the idea of showing the frequency line and what whole note it rounds off to.

I once thought of just adding a "waterfall" below the pianos but I'm not sure it would work well there. It would probably have to be a new view, I guess.
2019-07-31 11:19
JCH

[Types http://galway.c64.org/ to see what that is]

LOL!
2019-07-31 12:01
Digger

@Mr. SID: Wow, does it still run on macOS?
2019-07-31 12:51
Mr. SID

I've never finished it...
2019-09-06 13:41
DKT

Hi JCH.
First of all I want to thank you for your great effort. DeepSID project is one of the greatest and best in C64 history.
I was wondering about something like an automatic playlist with the all SIDs ordered in time (from newest to oldest), to always listen the newest one released. It's time consuming to look for releases, download and run all the PRGs or D64s to listen all latest tunes (which I could miss).
What do you think about it?
DKT
2019-09-06 13:47
JCH

Thanks for the kind words. =)

Well, you can search for the latest additions to HVSC.

To do this, just select "Version" in the bottom left corner drop-down box, then type "71" (or whatever HVSC update you want to check out) and search. Then you could click the first tune and off you go with a playlist only consisting of new stuff.

Here's a link to such a search query:
http://deepsid.chordian.net/?search=71&type=new
2019-09-06 13:58
DKT

I was thinking about newest SIDs from CSDB, but probably it would engage changing your web engine to look for latest additions on CSDB, because entire DeepSID is based on HVSC (right?)
Previous - 1 | ... | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Apollyon/ALD
Scooby/G★P/Light
tlr
Fungus/Nostalgia
(x)deejay
Martinland