Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > SID Factory II
2020-06-05 15:41
JCH

SID Factory II

Laxity and I have decided to go BETA with SID Factory II to let all curious SID composers also have a go at this cross-platform SID editor.

We have a Facebook group that you are welcome to join. There's also a nifty user manual there. If you're not on Facebook, this thread should serve as another place where we can share questions, ideas, music, bugs, new builds, additional files, etc.

Please note that although SID Factory II is quite stable and more than capable of editing SID tunes at this point, it is still missing a few essential things such as e.g. sub tunes. We have a solid ToDo and will post new builds here as they become available.

The first official BETA build: SIDFactoryII_20200604.zip

... 144 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2020-08-13 22:17
chatGPZ

i added -Wall in the makefile, which is what i always do... they are always worth fixing, IMHO, cleaner code does never hurt :) (i even use -Wextra -W for my own stuff)
2020-08-13 22:18
Laxity

Quote: Quote:
We've got the macOS version already.

yes, sure. but some ppl prefer compiling on the commandline :)

it might actually be possible to remove the need to define this _SF2_whatever symbol, and use system specific symbols instead... so a single makefile will work for all of them. a good start would be to require _SF2_MACOS for macos, and not put the macos stuff in the "else" branches (instead put an #error there). In another step you can then replace those by system specific (defined by your compiler, or IDE) defines, like _WIN32 for windows. Oh well. it works either way for now :=)

edit: oh yeah, perhaps remove the -g from FLAGS (that will add debug symbols)

I suck at makefiles - always hated them :) I added the define to VS, because that I know, and so as long as there were only those two platforms, all would be great. At least it’s only needed to select which platform class to instantiate, as I recall. :) I don’t really like ifdefs.
2020-08-13 22:22
tlr

Quote: i added -Wall in the makefile, which is what i always do... they are always worth fixing, IMHO, cleaner code does never hurt :) (i even use -Wextra -W for my own stuff)

Just don't ask compyx. When you fixed all your warnings, he'll just pull out one more -W option to expose further stuff... ;)
2020-08-13 22:25
Laxity

Quote: Just don't ask compyx. When you fixed all your warnings, he'll just pull out one more -W option to expose further stuff... ;)

Haha. I’m not going to fix those. They are of absolutely no consequence. :) Except maybe for foundation structures, it might give a slight performance boost... :)
2020-08-13 22:28
tlr

Quoting Laxity
Yeah, ok. I havn’t had initialization order warnings since coding for PS3, it’s not a standard level of warnings In Visual Studio, nor XCode. I guess you can win some speed on the cachelines, but for the purpose of this application, that seems like a waste of time.

No problem, just passing the information. If it's safe, then gpz should add -Wno-reorder to the flags to kill that warning.
There are a couple of signed/unsigned compare warnings in there (search -Wsign-compare). Most are obviously harmless, some could be worth checking at least.
2020-08-13 22:32
Laxity

Quote: Quoting Laxity
Yeah, ok. I havn’t had initialization order warnings since coding for PS3, it’s not a standard level of warnings In Visual Studio, nor XCode. I guess you can win some speed on the cachelines, but for the purpose of this application, that seems like a waste of time.

No problem, just passing the information. If it's safe, then gpz should add -Wno-reorder to the flags to kill that warning.
There are a couple of signed/unsigned compare warnings in there (search -Wsign-compare). Most are obviously harmless, some could be worth checking at least.

I just tried -Wall .. it's ridiculous.. It tells me when there are redundant characters after a semicolon. Jesus!

Yeah, the signed unsigned ones needs to be fixed!
2020-08-13 22:39
tlr

Quote: I just tried -Wall .. it's ridiculous.. It tells me when there are redundant characters after a semicolon. Jesus!

Yeah, the signed unsigned ones needs to be fixed!

Here's with -Wno-reorder: sf2-20200718_warnings2.txt

Yeah, it's quite some work to fix stuff if it wasn't enabled all along. I now use "pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter" on several projects (in C). It actually found me some bugs.
2020-08-13 22:55
chatGPZ

Yeah fixing a project retroactively is a huge PITA (we are doing this with VICE... and it did indeed expose a couple bugs as well, so its not completely pointless).
2020-08-13 23:37
Laxity

Ok. I have some work to do there. How utterly boring. :)
2020-08-14 13:41
chatGPZ

BTW, i have no clue at all on how to build a .deb - so if anyone wants to do that now, go ahead :)
Previous - 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Linus/MSL
Guests online: 71
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)