Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > sid2sng Windows builds
2021-10-17 23:19
spider-j

sid2sng Windows builds

Because I read some people have problems compiling this [https://github.com/2bt/sid2sng] for Windows you can maybe try these versions:
https://jansalleine.com/trans/sid2sng.zip

32 and 64 bit versions included in the zip. Crosscompiled on Linux with mingw32 GCC. I don't have any Windows to test. They work in WINE... It's a command line tool, so use in CMD (or Powershell) or whatever stupid "terminal" like program Windows has nowadays...

Use at your own risk and happy instrument stealing! :-P

... 21 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-10-18 07:44
DeMOSic

Quote: Because I read some people have problems compiling this [https://github.com/2bt/sid2sng] for Windows you can maybe try these versions:
https://jansalleine.com/trans/sid2sng.zip

32 and 64 bit versions included in the zip. Crosscompiled on Linux with mingw32 GCC. I don't have any Windows to test. They work in WINE... It's a command line tool, so use in CMD (or Powershell) or whatever stupid "terminal" like program Windows has nowadays...

Use at your own risk and happy instrument stealing! :-P

Thanks!
Also instrument stealing? Noo! More like module snagging lol
2021-10-18 13:06
TheRyk

I've never "stolen" instruments, I've only borrowed them and gave them back (almost undamaged)

Thanks for the win build, spider, will try out and report.
2021-10-18 16:27
spider-j

@hedning Thanks for adding. Wasn't sure if a random Github program that doesn't even have any releases / builds attached would count as scene release. I thought to count someone had to slap a crack-intro in front of it ... ;-P
2021-10-18 21:31
Magnar

I would like to see someone create a diskpack with only SNG files of all the SID files made in Goattracker out there. A new GP release? :)

I guess those composers that put lots of efforts in sid instrumentation fear this tool a lot more than I do. That said, I already previous done some SID dumps of the songs I wanted to investigate. This tool is therefore really nothing new under the sun, - it only comes with a much more preferred output-format of a SNG file (making it friendly for everyone to use) rather than textfile dumps and post scripts cleaning things up etc.

Cheers Magnar
2021-10-18 21:36
DeMOSic

Quote: I would like to see someone create a diskpack with only SNG files of all the SID files made in Goattracker out there. A new GP release? :)

I guess those composers that put lots of efforts in sid instrumentation fear this tool a lot more than I do. That said, I already previous done some SID dumps of the songs I wanted to investigate. This tool is therefore really nothing new under the sun, - it only comes with a much more preferred output-format of a SNG file (making it friendly for everyone to use) rather than textfile dumps and post scripts cleaning things up etc.

Cheers Magnar

I hope someone makes that! Ive successfully ripped zero fucks capacitor and 64 forever but most other tunes didnt work lol
2021-10-18 21:37
TheRyk

Magnar: Not every musician is so stingy with their instruments.

Sng Pack #1
2021-10-18 22:12
hedning

Quote: Magnar: Not every musician is so stingy with their instruments.

Sng Pack #1

Also Stinsen made a GP "Sharing is caring" pack :)

Song Pack #1.
2021-10-18 22:17
hedning

Quote: @hedning Thanks for adding. Wasn't sure if a random Github program that doesn't even have any releases / builds attached would count as scene release. I thought to count someone had to slap a crack-intro in front of it ... ;-P

Well, you built it and supplied it, and I just archived it before it was lost. Just the source would not be anything for CSDb, but this seems useful. ;)
2021-10-19 05:06
Splunkh!

Quote: Well, you built it and supplied it, and I just archived it before it was lost. Just the source would not be anything for CSDb, but this seems useful. ;)

Very useful.

sid -> sng -> swm
If i was only unemployed I would live in complete symbiosis with Sidwizard/Breadbin.

Thanks both of you for sharing the sng packs above!
2021-10-22 05:28
Splunkh!

The guy who wrote sid2sng sent me an email today saying he just compiled a exe of another tool.
https://github.com/2bt/sid-monitor

You can play the song and see the voices on a piano roll and move/listen though the song frame by frame and analyze the register content. You might find it useful. At the github page you can see what keys to push in order to study the SID.
Just drop a sid on the exe, slap space and enjoy :) really interesting I think.

Can this tool be added CSDb too? (despite the lack of a crack-intro slapped on it :) :P).
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
DJ Space
Guests online: 111
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)