Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > Musician(s) needed for Battlestar Galactica 64
2006-01-24 12:27
finchy

Musician(s) needed for Battlestar Galactica 64

Hi there,

there is a Battlestar Galcatica Project underway and we are in need of a musician/musicians. First and most importand: a conversion of the main title.
Yes, we know that there are two tunes of this, one by SoedeSoft (find it in HVSC) and one by The Fall Guys (find it in here). But the problem is: while the one of SoedeSoft sounds way to ... well ... funky with that drums in it, the one from The Fall Guys sounds like there is something missing ...

So, it is up to you (please) to make the best imaginable main theme ever. We can offer you no money, the game itself will be freeware. It's just for the fun and the fame, guys. Ain't that enough?

So long ...

finchy

... 29 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-01-29 15:10
finchy

Quote: finchy, I was not necessarily talking about mixing genres or types at all, but technical / lowlevel features.

For example, lets consider Rambo & Airborne Ranger. Both are roughly the same game type, but if one would want to to combine technical features from both (smart AI, big characters, but still flawless 50Hz scrolling) one might be setting up for a major frustration..

Of course I'm not even saying you would want to try something like that, but is it wrong to offer advice beforehand / just in case?

Of course it is not wrong to offer advice, you're welcome to do so.
2006-01-29 15:32
Oswald

a link to the original game ? all I found is some lame scifi series, and some 3d space shooter under this name.
2006-01-29 17:57
chatGPZ

original game? *shrug*
2006-06-06 17:26
finchy

For all the ones who hoped we would forgot about it: bad news!
For all the ones who longed for some news: good news!

http://mitglied.lycos.de/bsg64/index.htm

Have a look and post your comment.

Greetings

finchy
2006-06-06 19:36
T.M.R
Account closed

Oh great... still no coder but it's got a website now so it's bound to get made! [Ahem...]

Look, don't you think that waving a few screens around and some vague comments about a storyline (the project description says it's a shoot 'em up, since when do shoot 'em ups need a story past "if it moves, twonk it one"?!) with absolutely no examples of ingame graphics to be seen at all is possibly not the best way to entice people? Drawing that ship flying vertically and animating it well is going to be a beast of a job, perhaps that would be a better example of the would-be graphics rather than some presentation pics.
2006-06-07 19:35
JackAsser

Exactly, you need to do some level design, make some enemies, describe and draw the weapons, show us some bosses, create attack wave patterns etc. etc. There are TONS to be done except for coding. You also say that you expect the coder to "take over" the project... Then exactly what is your role other than perhaps the one who took the initiative and beta tester? Sorry for being so negative, but honestly... Create more content, perhaps write some pseudo code or something?!?.
2006-06-07 20:07
Tch
Account closed

Been there,TRIED it..

The graphics look pretty good sofar,but it is just additional stuff,not the game itself.

Beware,it is awfully time-consuming and goddamn hard to make a good (even average) game in the genre of your choice!
I´ve tried with some old-time pals,it was finished,it got `cracked´ but it´s bloody bad!
We simply lost interest after some months. ;)
But it taught us to respect the creators of e.g. R-Type.

It´s not something to do because you have some time left.
It is a job.
2006-06-08 19:33
cadaver

Quote: Exactly, you need to do some level design, make some enemies, describe and draw the weapons, show us some bosses, create attack wave patterns etc. etc. There are TONS to be done except for coding. You also say that you expect the coder to "take over" the project... Then exactly what is your role other than perhaps the one who took the initiative and beta tester? Sorry for being so negative, but honestly... Create more content, perhaps write some pseudo code or something?!?.

I'd advise against spending time with anything that can't directly be put into the game, like pseudocode or concept/design stuff. Remember this is a C64 project which, once you find a coder, will exist & proceed by its own perverse rules & reality, totally unlike an academically/commercially correct gamedev project. But lots of sprites & usable background graphics never hurt..
2006-06-14 20:18
finchy

@cadaver: you're right!

@all: we can proudly announce: coding will be done by hannenz! Look at our hp for more detailed infos.

So stay tuned!

Greetings

finchy
2006-07-18 19:40
stunt
Account closed

seeems fun to me to recreate the battlestar music. It's my job to compose for media but never done games before and im a big sid fan so even though there's no money it could be benificial for me in terms of fame and experience etc. drop me a line and we'll msn about it.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
cba
HOL2001/Quantum
hedning/G★P
Guests online: 87
Top Demos