Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > SID-Wizard - further development
2012-07-08 16:59
Hermit

SID-Wizard - further development

Hi

I opened this new thread to discuss upcoming ideas for SID-Wizard which I released on 7 July.
SID-Wizard V1.0 RC

As you can see the source code is entirely shared, so you might contribute to the code yourself in some way if you wish.

As a starting point I'll try to make a sketch of the whole code-structure which might help to find parts of the program.
Soci gave some ideas which I think will be described soon in this topic.

thx for your great feedbacks

... 47 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-09-14 16:14
robozz

Quote:
@Robozz: now the cursor-positions are remembered in the instrument-tables. (But of course positions are reset on instrument-change to prevent being in illegal table-area.)
Nice! :)

Quote:
That 'type instrument automatically' feature is already requested and have been put the TODO.txt list. Possibly I'll be able to implement it today or in some days. Btw. I don't think it's the default behaviour of most music editors, but is useful for sure.
I wonder if this 'type instrument automatically' feature really is such a good idea? If you just want to change the note, the instrument column will be destroyed this way.

Quote:
This won't be the default behaviour but will be selectable by pressing Shift+I key-combination, and will be remembered in the worktune as a setting just like mute/auto-advance/framespeed/etc. settings...
Ah... good :)

Hmm.. there seems to be a bug when setting instrument without there being a note in the same row.
In the example below, selecting instrument 02 with no note will mess up the sound of instrument 01 currently playing.

C-4 01
... 02
C-4
2012-09-15 00:45
iLKke

Quoting robozz
Hmm.. there seems to be a bug when setting instrument without there being a note in the same row.
In the example below, selecting instrument 02 with no note will mess up the sound of instrument 01 currently playing.

C-4 01
... 02
C-4

And what exactly would you want to happen when you do that?
2012-09-15 07:04
Conrad

Quote: Quoting robozz

C-4 01
... 02
C-4

It's a way of optimising pattern data :) For example, you might have a lead pattern, but you have more than one instrument set up for that particular sequence. To save memory, set up a pattern like this:
PATTERN 1: (with no instruments set)

c-3
---
---
---
c-4
---
c-3
---
---

Then before the beginning of that pattern, the last instrument value played from the previous pattern will be used (if that makes sense.) It saves you having to copy and paste the same pattern data but replaced with another instrument number.

I would like to see that "bug" fixed too, as it's a trick I use in many of my tunes. (not that I can't live without it. :))
2012-09-15 10:40
robozz

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------
It's a way of optimising pattern data :)
Actually I was thinking of something else, but this is ofcourse another situation where this bug will be heard.
What I had in mind was this situation:

C-4 01
... 02
C-4 5x (sustain change $50-5F)

(or some other effect on the same row as the note) but then I realized that it is possible to do it this way in SID Wizard:

C-4 01
C-4 02 5x

the first example is how it would look like in editors like SDI, I forgot about the additional columns in SW :)
2012-09-17 10:07
SIDWAVE
Account closed

I think you should organize a sid wizard tune compo, and get some people actually using and learning to use it.

i just see a bunch of open source developers, with their dream to make the ultimate software, but nobody is making music! :)
2012-09-17 17:33
Soren

Conrad: I do that in BullSID aswell... just having plain notes and perhaps effects in some sequences... setting instrument in previous sequences. ;-)
2012-10-18 18:04
tlr

trunk r149:
Assembling file:   editor.asm
Assembling file:   settings.cfg
Assembling file:   SWM-spec.src
Assembling file:   include/irq.inc
Assembling file:   include/displayer1.inc
Assembling file:   include/player.asm
Assembling file:   include/playadapter.inc
editor.asm:230:38: fatal error: can't open file include/startupmenu.inc: No such file or directory
Error messages:    1
Warning messages:  None
Passes:            1
Memory range:      None
make: *** [../binary/SID-Wizard-nopack.prg] Error 1

missing file in repository?
2012-10-19 08:06
SIDWAVE
Account closed

open source sucks. coder 1 dont know what coder 2 does, bugs appear, planless development with "great" ideas.

its better if hermit know what he is doing, and nobody interfere.
2012-10-19 12:19
Mace

SIDwave, open source is why Linux never became big, right?
2012-10-19 13:28
SIDWAVE
Account closed

big ? 100+ distros, unpossible to choose what to use, and when you do, there is a new update every day ?...
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Genius/Xenon
Mason/Unicess
iAN CooG/HVSC
Rutterkin
psych
Andy/AEG