Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Topic locking
2006-02-22 09:56
Scout

Topic locking

How about locking topics?
This prevents making new posts in topics that go way outta hand or go way off-topic.

Maybe a nice idea for implementing it in to CSDB (v2?).
Active (non-fascist) moderation is one of the prerequisites though.

---
-= Silicon Ltd. =-
http://forum.siliconlimited.com

Commodore 64 Scenemusic Podcast
http://8bitmayhem.blogspot.com/
2006-02-22 11:37
jailbird

This is teh bestest idea since the implementation of teh transparent voting system! Amen, and halleluyah!
2006-02-22 11:47
Perff
Administrator

We already have that feature (admins only) to lock a thread. Actually I just locked one today, even though it is not done very often.
2006-02-22 12:08
Slartibartfast
Account closed

If only that had been done in the past when it was really necessary.
2006-02-22 13:46
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: If only that had been done in the past when it was really necessary.

^ That's rather hypocritical coming from you, a person whose only posts these days consist of follow-ups to my messages.

I can't count the number of times I've seen you reply *only* to my threads (directly to me) while most of the time off-topic.

Borderline personality disorders and an unhealthy obsession are a beyotch aren't they :)

2006-02-22 14:04
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: ^ That's rather hypocritical coming from you, a person whose only posts these days consist of follow-ups to my messages.

I can't count the number of times I've seen you reply *only* to my threads (directly to me) while most of the time off-topic.

Borderline personality disorders and an unhealthy obsession are a beyotch aren't they :)

Yes, intervention is definitely necessary when someone becomes needlessly insulting.
2006-02-22 14:05
jailbird

I pretty think this topic will be locked as well. Oh the irony!
2006-02-22 15:45
chatGPZ

Quote:

Active (non-fascist) moderation is one of the prerequisites though.

very needed agreed. and not only in the forums but even more in the database. oh well
2006-02-22 17:20
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: Yes, intervention is definitely necessary when someone becomes needlessly insulting.

I'm not being insulting though Damian. I am addressing your intentional nonsensical one-word replies to my threads, your intentional provocation with regards to the game I'm developing (posted a few days ago). I understand that you want to be seen as a victim, but that is a symptom of having borderline PD.

Perhaps if you stopped making one word replies that make no sense, and stopped trying to provoke me, I wouldn't point these things out. Your similar behavior caused you to be banned from three other forums.

This is the LAST time I will address you on CSDB. :)
2006-02-22 23:08
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Deja vu.
2006-02-22 23:20
Style

I just think its funny how WDR replied to your post about you replying to his posts.

And this is the *absolute last* time.... blah blah blah. WDR, shut the fuck up already, for god's sake man!

Custard!
2006-02-22 23:23
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: I just think its funny how WDR replied to your post about you replying to his posts.

And this is the *absolute last* time.... blah blah blah. WDR, shut the fuck up already, for god's sake man!

Custard!

That is ironic, perhaps now he'll start harassing you again.

Umbilical!
2006-02-22 23:40
Tch
Account closed

Dorks Incorporated - expect something new soon..
2006-02-22 23:49
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: Dorks Incorporated - expect something new soon..

Yeah, Wanderer and Bayliss are working on a new game, not very nice to refer to them as "Dorks Incorporated" though is it?

Nasibal!
2006-02-22 23:53
Tch
Account closed

Bamischijf makes a point.. (duh) ;P
2006-02-22 23:54
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: I'm not being insulting though Damian. I am addressing your intentional nonsensical one-word replies to my threads, your intentional provocation with regards to the game I'm developing (posted a few days ago). I understand that you want to be seen as a victim, but that is a symptom of having borderline PD.

Perhaps if you stopped making one word replies that make no sense, and stopped trying to provoke me, I wouldn't point these things out. Your similar behavior caused you to be banned from three other forums.

This is the LAST time I will address you on CSDB. :)

I haven't been banned from three other forums either, so try to keep your facts straight when you spend so much time obsessing over and cyberstalking someone.

Turtle!
2006-02-23 02:24
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: I just think its funny how WDR replied to your post about you replying to his posts.

Custard!

Simon,
I admire the way you stand up for Damian. As his friend I would expect nothing less. I would do the same :)

I'm going to make this very simple.

When you're offline and see Damian in person, ask him WHY he feels compelled to repeatedly respond to my every post. Is that healthy? Nope. If it were me would you or he respond? You know it :)

If you read up on Borderline Personality Disorder, you will find people who have it see themselves as victims (Damian has stated he is a victim), they tend to blame others for their own actions (he blames me saying he is "compelled" to respond), they are into drug use (no comment), failure in relationships (no comment), and most important they try to PUNISH people they feel are victimizers (read his posts).

I don't expect you to understand this "diatribe". The above is based on 54 years of research. In fact I had a co-worker of mine with 26 years of experience look at his messages, and she said that while there has not been a clinical interview, she is "100% positive" that he has BPD.

This crap happened before Christmas and then all was quiet. I see now that I am posting (minding my own business as I do so) that Damian is still trying to initiate new lines of communication with me in these forums. This just cannot happen because it will not lead to anything productive.

He has to go on ignore and that's the only way this will end. You are going on ignore as well. I seriously hope you ask him why he feels these compulsions and that maybe you do some research into BPD.

I'm NOT attacking him either. I am saying that his behaviour fits a personality disorder. Why am I saying this? I'm fed up with the character attacks, insinuations, one-liners, and other childish actions. It's time he takes responsibility and cease.

He's already been banned from three seperate forums. I've been banned from NONE. He addresses me. I don't mention him in my day-to-day posting.

For the sake of all on CSDB who don't want to rehash this tired old boring mundane shit, you can go on ignore where you can continue to respond with him until you wear yourselves out because I'm not fuelling his desires.

Adios :)
2006-02-23 02:36
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: Simon,
I admire the way you stand up for Damian. As his friend I would expect nothing less. I would do the same :)

I'm going to make this very simple.

When you're offline and see Damian in person, ask him WHY he feels compelled to repeatedly respond to my every post. Is that healthy? Nope. If it were me would you or he respond? You know it :)

If you read up on Borderline Personality Disorder, you will find people who have it see themselves as victims (Damian has stated he is a victim), they tend to blame others for their own actions (he blames me saying he is "compelled" to respond), they are into drug use (no comment), failure in relationships (no comment), and most important they try to PUNISH people they feel are victimizers (read his posts).

I don't expect you to understand this "diatribe". The above is based on 54 years of research. In fact I had a co-worker of mine with 26 years of experience look at his messages, and she said that while there has not been a clinical interview, she is "100% positive" that he has BPD.

This crap happened before Christmas and then all was quiet. I see now that I am posting (minding my own business as I do so) that Damian is still trying to initiate new lines of communication with me in these forums. This just cannot happen because it will not lead to anything productive.

He has to go on ignore and that's the only way this will end. You are going on ignore as well. I seriously hope you ask him why he feels these compulsions and that maybe you do some research into BPD.

I'm NOT attacking him either. I am saying that his behaviour fits a personality disorder. Why am I saying this? I'm fed up with the character attacks, insinuations, one-liners, and other childish actions. It's time he takes responsibility and cease.

He's already been banned from three seperate forums. I've been banned from NONE. He addresses me. I don't mention him in my day-to-day posting.

For the sake of all on CSDB who don't want to rehash this tired old boring mundane shit, you can go on ignore where you can continue to respond with him until you wear yourselves out because I'm not fuelling his desires.

Adios :)

Awww...

Custard.
2006-02-23 03:15
Oswald

this topic already should be locked.
2006-02-23 03:26
Wanderer
Account closed

The problem is, no matter what new thread I may start or respond to, it won't stop. Just the other day I left a positive and encouraging comment for a German group's demo, guess who came along and had to bring my name up again through the mud. It's without rhyme or reason.

I'm no longer reading nor responding to them *ever* again.

Either this will result in success, or every thread I touch being locked. At this point in time I can only say it is beyond my control. I could understand it if I was actively going out of my way to annoy him, but I'm minding my own. My hatchet has been buried.

I won't stop asking pertinent coding questions just because one person chooses to ruin it for the others.

I'm soooo putting Perff on my Christmas list this year. He doesn't deserve this. I've gotta run... fiscal year tax time.
2006-02-23 03:34
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: The problem is, no matter what new thread I may start or respond to, it won't stop. Just the other day I left a positive and encouraging comment for a German group's demo, guess who came along and had to bring my name up again through the mud. It's without rhyme or reason.

I'm no longer reading nor responding to them *ever* again.

Either this will result in success, or every thread I touch being locked. At this point in time I can only say it is beyond my control. I could understand it if I was actively going out of my way to annoy him, but I'm minding my own. My hatchet has been buried.

I won't stop asking pertinent coding questions just because one person chooses to ruin it for the others.

I'm soooo putting Perff on my Christmas list this year. He doesn't deserve this. I've gotta run... fiscal year tax time.

Umlaut.
2006-02-23 04:32
Style
Account closed

WDR

You miss the point again Im afraid.

Slarti, and to a lesser degree myself, respond to your posts/uploads etc because they are in the most part absolutely useless, inane, noobish and stupid. It has nothing to do with it being you. If anyone else posted the crap you post, we'd be onto them like a rash too. Uploading fixes of other people's demos, dredging up crap from 15 year old disks that noone cares about, uploading poorly packaged collections of other people's work, uploading private previews, deleting other people's stuff, deleting your own stuff when you dont like the votes/comments etc, all make me believe you are either incredibly stupid (bordering on Paul Panks stupid) or you are a troll of the highest order.

Unfortunately due to your quasi-cerebral posts (I have a 190+ IQ, you dont impress me) which go on and on and on, the fact that you are showing Slarti's posts to 'a collegue', and the fact that you (and now your 'collegue') consistantly try to 'diagnose' Slarti's actions on the *internet* makes be believe you are either a bullshit artist, or you are an extremely poor psychologist. The internet does not in any way mirror real life. Why do you think people use 'handles' both in the scene and on the internet? People say and do things on the internet they would never do in real life. Its an outlet, nothing more.

As for Slarti's real life stuff (drug use, relationship failure etc) that you constantly harp on about. You werent there, you know nothing about it. Have you never broken up with a girlfriend (or boyfriend)? Did you not dabble in recreational drugs as a youngster?

Sorry man, as much as you try to twist it, its looking more and more like you really are cyberstalking him. You come up with one of these bullshit posts, send abusive private messages, put everyone on ignore and then rant about how you knew exactly what the reaction would be. Slarti is merely having a giggle at your expense, since you appear to be so incredibly dumb.

Panks or troll, which are you?

2006-02-23 05:09
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Nugget.
2006-02-23 06:55
The Phantom

Topic locking would be sweet.

You know what else would be cool? Whenever you look at a demo group (or crack group or whatever), you scroll down to see the files they're credited for and you're able to see how many times that file was downloaded.

IE. MyDemo (21)

Of coarse clicking the file will give the same stats. I think this idea will make it easier for the group (or people) to see how often somethings downloaded.. Just ya know, a thought.
2006-02-23 07:04
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Quote: Topic locking would be sweet.

You know what else would be cool? Whenever you look at a demo group (or crack group or whatever), you scroll down to see the files they're credited for and you're able to see how many times that file was downloaded.

IE. MyDemo (21)

Of coarse clicking the file will give the same stats. I think this idea will make it easier for the group (or people) to see how often somethings downloaded.. Just ya know, a thought.

True.
2006-02-23 08:06
Moloch

Quote: True.

Trolling.
2006-02-23 08:13
jailbird

Quote: I pretty think this topic will be locked as well. Oh the irony!

Come on, pretty please, someone finally lock the topic requesting topic locking!
Don't you guys realise it's the most perfect ending of this amazing debate?
2006-02-23 08:19
Style
Account closed

Quote: True.

hahahahahhaah

Thats funny on so many levels :D
2006-02-23 08:47
Scout

Quote: Come on, pretty please, someone finally lock the topic requesting topic locking!
Don't you guys realise it's the most perfect ending of this amazing debate?

Ironic yet very funny indeed =)

---
-= Silicon Ltd. =-

2006-02-23 08:49
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Completely underestimating necessary topic...
2006-02-23 08:52
Scout

Quote: Completely underestimating necessary topic...

Yeah, after a few posts it went into a Chaotic Uninteresting N00bish Topic.

---
-= Silicon Ltd. =-

2006-02-23 09:00
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Correct, ultimately n00bs testified.
2006-02-23 09:01
Perff
Administrator

... which have now come to an end!
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
csabanw
insane/Rabenauge
Stryyker/Tide
Airwolf/F4CG
Guests online: 144
Top Demos