Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Random topic closures
2018-04-05 06:48
Oswald

Random topic closures

"Adam summed things up nicely and now another pointless thread about voting at CSDb comes to a close.

(read: Things aren't going to change)"

I am tired too about that topic, but just because *you* dont like it, its no reason to close it. This moderator function is abused way too much.
2018-04-05 07:15
jailbird

Like I wrote earlier, it's the usual "if you don't think about it, it's not a problem" way of solving things around here.

Ostrich policy.
2018-04-05 07:25
Moloch

The endless discussion about the voting system in 25+ threads hasn't solved a single thing. Any discussion at this point is not going to bring anything new to the topic.

But please, open another thread about voting - lather, rinse, repeat
2018-04-05 08:04
jailbird

Actually, quite a lot of issues were solved after long discussions and we have made steps in the right directions during these debates. But yeah, just close the threads, it's definitely easier to cope with controversial subjects that way.
2018-04-05 08:12
Moloch

No, nothing has changed about the CSDb voting based on these pointless discussions.

... and yes, I'll continue to close topics as needed
2018-04-05 08:44
hedning

The mods can't do shit about the voting system, and I am not sure the guy who can do anything about it even reads these posts.
2018-04-05 09:54
Cruzer

It might be a pointless discussion to some, but I was actually getting closer to understanding why so many people oppose public votes. I hadn't heard the argument that the ones in favor of public voting only wanted it so they could harass the downvoters. I hadn't even thought about it that way, since harassment isn't in my nature. My idea was just that it would reduce downvoting because most people don't want to look like unreasonable little babies in public.

But of course I know that you can't retroactively make the private votes public, so it's more of a theoretical discussion.
2018-04-05 10:07
Zirias

Quote: The mods can't do shit about the voting system, and I am not sure the guy who can do anything about it even reads these posts.

That's a) good to know and b) unfortunate. But I still don't think it's a very good reason to just close the topic. Some further info would be interesting, like, who *could* do something about it and how to contact this person?

Of course, as the now closed thread showed, there's no consensus (yet?) about what should best be done to "fix" the voting, so it's at least possible that further discussion could be good for something...
2018-04-05 10:10
Zirias

Quoting Cruzer
[public voting] My idea was just that it would reduce downvoting because most people don't want to look like unreasonable little babies in public.

I'd phrase it the other way around: It would shift the range actually used further upwards, because many people try to "be nice" when their vote is public. I think it's already a problem that anything below 8 is taken as an insult instead of an honest vote.
2018-04-05 10:36
spider-j

Quote:
I think it's already a problem that anything below 8 is taken as an insult instead of an honest vote.

I doubt that. Of course everybody can have a bad day / being over sensitive once in a while, but in fact I can count the people I remember repeatedly complaining about votes with one hand - and most / if not all I can recall right know have been banned from this site anyway for various reasons.
2018-04-05 10:56
Stainless Steel

I had my votes public for the longest time, but as of late i decided to hide them.

A while back, a fellow scener had the nerve to tell me via pm how he and his buddy downvoted me as a musician
(although he admitted that he liked some of my shit) in retaliation for my vote on one of their musicians, i kid you not.

He openly admitted that he didn't agree with my vote and that i needed punishment for not voting the way he felt i should have.

There is too much entitlement going on here and too many fragile egos. A lot of people just cant handle the truth.

... 57 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Bieno/Commodore Plus
Mike
CA$H/TRiAD
Dano/Padua
Didi/Laxity
www.gb64.com