Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Random topic closures
2018-04-05 06:48
Oswald

Random topic closures

"Adam summed things up nicely and now another pointless thread about voting at CSDb comes to a close.

(read: Things aren't going to change)"

I am tired too about that topic, but just because *you* dont like it, its no reason to close it. This moderator function is abused way too much.

... 57 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-04-05 22:39
TheRyk

@making all public: what groepaz sez, no change will please everyone, nor prevent assholes from being assholes or drama queens from being drama queens
@people whining about an 8 per PM or even per mail or in persona: I mostly react by just no voting at all for future releases by such, case closed

My 2 cents
I check out a lot and vote a lot, in public. Due to a rather positive attitude, something must be really shitty in an annoying way to make me vote less than 4. If it's just shitty (but not annoyingly shitty), not voting is an option and also a statement! If some release feels like someone achieved what they wanted in a decent way, I might consider 6 or 7. If something really appeals to me and is well-done, it's 8 or higher. 9 for almost perfect, 10 for what else could you ask for. Probably many people who care too much would see me as a public upvote hero/coward, but that's alright.

PS: I also considered to go back to anonymous or stop voting or even delete votes manually (clickomania, yeah) either to make a statement or to keep out of drama but then I decided I don't care enough about the whole drama, so I just keep on doing what I do :)
2018-04-05 22:49
Smasher

this topic is going down with lameness. so if I understood correctly a scener should report mods about something bad another scener told him?! oh gosh, never in my life! the times when I had to tell mommy when I needed to pee are long gone. also involving mods and get another user banned will make this wonderful place much worse.
my suggestion is: close this thread and reopen the old one ( The voting system is completely retarded ), which was more constructive. Please, Moloch.
2018-04-06 06:48
hedning

Quote: this topic is going down with lameness. so if I understood correctly a scener should report mods about something bad another scener told him?! oh gosh, never in my life! the times when I had to tell mommy when I needed to pee are long gone. also involving mods and get another user banned will make this wonderful place much worse.
my suggestion is: close this thread and reopen the old one ( The voting system is completely retarded ), which was more constructive. Please, Moloch.

Or close both for that matter. This discussion will be neverending, and Perff is the only one that handles the code for this site. PM him about your ideas, and you'll see if he likes it or not. In the end it is his choice, not ours.
2018-04-06 07:15
Kickback

Wow.... I'm not big on posting, but after reading this... Man.. Something simple to think about.. We are all adults now (Most.. folks I know from back in the day, and others) As adults, MOST appreciate the fact, that folks set aside time out of their busy schedules, to put together some fantastic demos/apps. This alone to me is a plus, and comments show the appreciation for the hard work put into a product.

The simplest thing to do, is get rid of voting all together. It sounds like (and I have noticed, that it IS broken) it has never worked correctly from the start. At least by shutting it down, and shit, go back to the old ways, where folks put out there own charts. Less bitching, and pointless, endless chain discussions on something that, (to me) the powers that be don't seem to care about.

(Wow, I wrote a lot of shit here, for a pointless conversation :) )

Just my 2c, at least it would stop the bitching ;)
2018-04-06 09:19
TheRyk

In a way I also agree...
... with Joe: Enjoying what's in this database is far more important than whether to vote whatever.

... and Kickback (getting rid of the whole Voting would highlight the dogma that this is a database by eliminating one aspect that makes it look like it was another antisocial media)

Quote:
In the end it is his choice, not ours.

tyra...! *cough*

just kidding, I hope Perff only deals with voting no sooner than when no more important issues are to be done.

how about BTT: Fred closures do not really effect what they're aiming at (peace?) but rater fuel the fire. I guess without the closure the discussion might have died in the other thread some days ago, just saying, and now I'm off, gardening :P
2018-04-06 11:03
Count Zero

voting 10 for gardening...
2018-04-06 13:53
chatGPZ

and the b in garden stands for beer!
2018-04-06 15:57
Mixer

It has been shown that the rating algorithm is broken. It has been shown that moderators cannot do anything about it. It has been suggested that Perff probably won't do anything about it. It has been shown that moderators like to close (in their opinion pointless) discussions. There are many who find all this pointless, but still comment on it :)

IMHO 25+ discussions is rather clear indication that there is a demand for smart rating system, and that CSDB should evolve, and if not, then another site should take charts and ratings job.

I've got some code for HVSC browser website where one can browse and sort sids based on header info, and users can do their own ratings, reviews and playlists. Similar site could do the ratings job for CSDB as well. Anyway, mine is a lot of work yet, but if someone is willing to continue I'll give the code.(Django + some db + javascriptwebshit...)

So, I see this as an opportunity for someone with too much free time. :)
2018-04-06 16:17
iAN CooG

Mixer: are you joking? It's much easier to whine on a forum than doing something productive.
2018-04-06 16:21
Mixer

Quote: Mixer: are you joking? It's much easier to whine on a forum than doing something productive.

My bad.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iAN CooG/HVSC
Didi/Laxity
Higgie/Kraze/Onslaught
Asphodel
Ramon B5/DESiRE
Krill/Plush