Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > The obskure 1st release world!
2019-03-06 19:43
E$G

The obskure 1st release world!

Dear sceners & overall 1st release site & mags editors,
few days ago we went for a 1st release proposing and old game that we improved as we usually like to do:
Zig Zag +2DG

Few hours later Hedning/GP u/l an old crack of the same game:
Zig Zag

concerning to the rulez this automatically set our release as not to be 1st one.

No matter, we enjoyed the fun in do it and the positive feedback that most of time receive. But our target was not reached.

So please I like to know:
- is it correct that if an old crack pop up after the release that until that time wasn't available in the usual dbase vaults clean his value? I'm talking about mainly csdb &gb64.

- what is the exact/correct time that an old release can be resurrected to kill a 1st release - I said this because in my 12k double side old snail mail trade floppies I remember to have some of the 1st releases of last 6 years cracked by old group/sceners, but due to my lack of time probably will be buried with me!

- if there are no rulez about this yet, to finalize the perfection of 1st release system it will be nice to make suggestion about it.

I remember to the kind readers that there are some collection that are not shared yet or will remain pri-vate as request by the suppliers. Many unreleased side belong to Mason, Hedning, the transfer team and so on.
I don't point my finger to them because I know that free time suck and after the transfer a lot more must be spent to u/l in a decent way to our csdb.

Last but not least it will be useful to have a list of the dir contents to avoid waste of time.

This is my humble opinion of course. It could also happen that after the adrenaline rush when a new game is released most of 1st release group prefere this kind of risk.
Anyway I have great expectations about more clear rulez.

ThanX

E$G/ Hokuto Force

... 37 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-03-06 23:37
chatGPZ

plot twist: did anyone bother to define what exactly constitutes a "first release" on csdb yet?

There's no politically correct term for 'fucking idiot'.
2019-03-06 23:41
hedning

Quote: plot twist: did anyone bother to define what exactly constitutes a "first release" on csdb yet?

It's determined by the lists. There are two at the moment. CSDb does not actively decide that. We leave it to them. But you knew that.
2019-03-06 23:50
hedning

E$G: So, just because your friend paid €40 the release should be counted, otherwise he bought it in vain? If you only knew how much I have spent buying originals that were already cracked/100% basic/not working. That is part of the game, and the risk.

And: As I told you: The crack in question is available in a public collection. Some better digging would have found it.

PS. It's on manikus.SB. You can find it on scenebase.org.
2019-03-06 23:51
chatGPZ

You have just confirmed that still noone bothered to define it. But you probably think you did.

2019-03-06 23:57
hedning

Quote: You have just confirmed that still noone bothered to define it. But you probably think you did.

If CSDb would like to add even more work and drama to the database, we should define what a first release is here. Instead we should mirror the scene. CSDb should not take part in scene politics. We should run a database. That is my view.
2019-03-07 00:13
chatGPZ

if csdb wants to run a database, it must define what exactly the various elements in the database mean. the only other option is arbitrariness and the resulting chaos.

2019-03-07 01:02
E$G

Demotivation win against good way to handle the things.
A scener a group won't spend so much money for nothing, if the target is do a 1st. They won't risk if there is a penalty and a game played alone won't be so funny.
Let's see the evolution and I'd like to know more opinions or mouth shut means I agree with the past forever & ever?

Nostradamus predicted Laxity #1 so why try to beat 'em?

Groepaz is right counting bbs decide what a 1st is, we, or better they separated the 2 worlds, but a 1st here can't be validated without consulting the outside world... weird.
2019-03-07 07:34
hedning

Quote: if csdb wants to run a database, it must define what exactly the various elements in the database mean. the only other option is arbitrariness and the resulting chaos.

As csdb should mirror the scene the element ”1st release” should be used for releases that is considered 1st releases by the scene. We should not judge that here.

But now we are off topic: E$G was asking why he can’t have a first release of a game that was already cracked, as the game original costed €40 on eBay, and it demotivates him.
2019-03-07 07:51
E$G

@Hedning: I rarely speak about myself / group, since the argument is more articolated. My consideration was about motivation to produce 1st releases. As you have told, you should be one of the pissed off, money gone & always on the hunt to provide GP with preview & new stuff on the risk edge, masochism or new pleasure? Probably this is your motivation.
I take care of the scene, that is a mix of friendship, competition, hate and subjective opinions, since I jumped inside on 1984.
Democratic decisions have been already taken about it, all is improving, the db here since beginning, so the focus is there is a way to improve the 1st release pain game?
Or it's already enough complicated and closed system, the un-perfection is reached let us play, no proposal accepted anymore?
2019-03-07 08:20
hedning

Oh. Propsals are always welcome. Feel free to e-mail me and Dr.Strange, and I am sure Jazzcat is happy to hear from you as well. That way your proposal will be discussed for both Attitude/Propa List and the VN List.

Looking forwards to hear from you.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Magic/Nah-Kolor
Fred/Channel 4
Rock/Finnish Gold
Brataccas/HF
JEZ
Shmendric