Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user stepz ! (Registered 2020-10-24) You are not logged in 
CSDb User Forums


Forums > CSDb Discussions > JackAsser`s narcissistic live stream
2020-09-06 18:47
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
JackAsser`s narcissistic live stream

Hi there!

From time to time I stream live on my Twitch channel. It can be me and my daugther playing Minecraft, it can be me playing some random RPG or me live coding c64 related stuff.

When I do c64-related stuff I'll post here and tonight I'll betatest Eye of the Beholder.

21:00 CET - http://twitch.tv/ja_boozedesign
2020-09-07 09:09
Digger

Registered: Mar 2005
Posts: 367
Sweet, did I just miss it?
2020-09-07 14:46
Oswald

Registered: Apr 2002
Posts: 4612
Wow, really cute 'n nice daughter man, congrats! :) That reminds me I should introduce mine to minecraft, at age 8 she should be able to play it by now.
2020-09-07 14:58
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Quote: Wow, really cute 'n nice daughter man, congrats! :) That reminds me I should introduce mine to minecraft, at age 8 she should be able to play it by now.

Aww thanks! <3
2020-09-07 14:58
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Quote: Sweet, did I just miss it?

Recorded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96LGVcKxROU
2020-09-10 05:13
chancer

Registered: Apr 2003
Posts: 279
really looks nice... good work..

stop mucking about on twitch / social media :)
2020-09-10 07:00
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Quote: really looks nice... good work..

stop mucking about on twitch / social media :)


Doing it live makes me focus actually.
2020-09-10 08:45
Raistlin

Registered: Mar 2007
Posts: 228
Quote: Doing it live makes me focus actually.

Fnarr.

I was telling my wife the exact same thing the other night - but she’s a little camera shy...
2020-09-10 15:34
TWW

Registered: Jul 2009
Posts: 478
She doesn't have to know :-D
2020-09-13 17:59
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
21:00 CET approx (depending on kids getting asleep) I’ll live code updates to the text renderer in EotB to handle transparent background.
2020-09-14 14:07
grasstust

Registered: Apr 2007
Posts: 43
"Just for the sake of it!" ;) Nice stream, man...
2020-09-14 14:11
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Quote: "Just for the sake of it!" ;) Nice stream, man...

Not sure what you're referring to? :) I don't remember all the stuff I said and it feels weird to rewatch my own videos.
2020-09-14 21:31
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Fixing graphics live - now.
2020-09-15 12:53
grasstust

Registered: Apr 2007
Posts: 43
Keep it up, you're doing fine! :)
2020-09-15 13:03
Frantic

Registered: Mar 2003
Posts: 1460
Quote: Fixing graphics live - now.

That sentence reminds me of one occasion when Goto80 and me were playing live on a stage at a small venue, with something like 50-100 ppl in the audience. There was this girl who went right up onto the stage during the live gig and started asking me questions, in the midst of all the sweaty busyness involved in carrying out the actual live playing on our C64's and Amigas and synths and mixers etc:

She: What are you guys doing here?
Me: Uh... we're... we're... playing live.
She: What?!
Me: We're playing music. live. now. here.
She: No way. That doesn't look like that at all. What ARE you doing? You're doing something on those computers.
Me: Yes, exactly. We are playing music live on these computers.
She: Uh.. No, how would that be possible? You're doing something on the screen here, right?
Me: Yes... uh.. that too, but ... could you move a little to the side. You're standing in front of everybody in the audience.
She: Don't worry. They are just standing there. So, what is it that you're actually doing on those computers?

...and so on. It was a strange situation. We stood there right next to each other, but at the same time we were apparently in two entirely different situations. What seemed entirely obvious to me needed explanation to her. She went on and on like that for (what felt like) at least a few minutes.

"Fixing graphics live" also sounds like an activity that might be prone to such different interpretations of what is actually going on.

A: That guy seems to be chatting and having a beer.
B: Yeah.. but.. He says he is doing something live.
A: He probably means he's in a video chat, right now.
B: Well... He says he's fixing graphics. Live.
A: Uuuhhh.. Not sure about that. That doesn't even sound like something you could do "live"? Looks like he's just chatting and having a beer.
B: No, he's fixing graphics. live. now.

...etc.
2020-09-15 13:42
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Hahahaha! :D Well, I actually did fix the graphics (and chatted and drank beer)
2020-09-15 13:46
Frantic

Registered: Mar 2003
Posts: 1460
Good to hear. :)
2020-09-15 17:59
Carrion

Registered: Feb 2009
Posts: 274
Good to beer.
I'll try to beer with you next time.
2020-09-15 19:50
morphfrog

Registered: Mar 2002
Posts: 17
Good to have a beard! :)
2020-09-15 20:04
TWW

Registered: Jul 2009
Posts: 478
I once grew a beard while having a beer with a bear.
2020-09-15 20:31
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Quote: I once grew a beard while having a beer with a bear.

Too many beers makes you lose your bearing
2020-09-15 21:02
tlr

Registered: Sep 2003
Posts: 1402
Quoting JackAsser
Too many beers makes you lose your bearing

Too many beards makes you lose your beer!
2020-09-15 21:11
TWW

Registered: Jul 2009
Posts: 478
Quote: Too many beers makes you lose your bearing

I lost my bearing once… Made me drop my ball bearings while navigating though the bering strait.
2020-09-15 21:27
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Quote: I lost my bearing once… Made me drop my ball bearings while navigating though the bering strait.

Losing your beard makes your skin bare. A beer might help but unless you fight your inner bear you will lose your bearing.
2020-09-15 22:24
TWW

Registered: Jul 2009
Posts: 478
Quote: Losing your beard makes your skin bare. A beer might help but unless you fight your inner bear you will lose your bearing.

I can't bear to think about not having beer^^
2020-09-16 11:56
mankeli

Registered: Oct 2010
Posts: 66
A good thing about the previous stream was that I'm now aware of Jeremy Limb :)
2020-09-16 22:29
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Stream is on (Developing Eye of the Beholder - C64): twitch.tv/ja_boozedesign
2020-09-16 22:47
WVL

Registered: Mar 2002
Posts: 857
Quote: That sentence reminds me of one occasion when Goto80 and me were playing live on a stage at a small venue, with something like 50-100 ppl in the audience. There was this girl who went right up onto the stage during the live gig and started asking me questions, in the midst of all the sweaty busyness involved in carrying out the actual live playing on our C64's and Amigas and synths and mixers etc:

She: What are you guys doing here?
Me: Uh... we're... we're... playing live.
She: What?!
Me: We're playing music. live. now. here.
She: No way. That doesn't look like that at all. What ARE you doing? You're doing something on those computers.
Me: Yes, exactly. We are playing music live on these computers.
She: Uh.. No, how would that be possible? You're doing something on the screen here, right?
Me: Yes... uh.. that too, but ... could you move a little to the side. You're standing in front of everybody in the audience.
She: Don't worry. They are just standing there. So, what is it that you're actually doing on those computers?

...and so on. It was a strange situation. We stood there right next to each other, but at the same time we were apparently in two entirely different situations. What seemed entirely obvious to me needed explanation to her. She went on and on like that for (what felt like) at least a few minutes.

"Fixing graphics live" also sounds like an activity that might be prone to such different interpretations of what is actually going on.

A: That guy seems to be chatting and having a beer.
B: Yeah.. but.. He says he is doing something live.
A: He probably means he's in a video chat, right now.
B: Well... He says he's fixing graphics. Live.
A: Uuuhhh.. Not sure about that. That doesn't even sound like something you could do "live"? Looks like he's just chatting and having a beer.
B: No, he's fixing graphics. live. now.

...etc.


When nerds can't tell someone is trying to pick them up :-)
2020-09-17 09:38
Frantic

Registered: Mar 2003
Posts: 1460
Quote:
When nerds can't tell someone is trying to pick them up :-)


Haha.. That may very well be the case :) ...but I still maintain that she didn't grasp that there was a live gig going on right in front of her nose, and that mr goto80 and me had to attend to that, despite her wish to be talkative.
2020-09-17 16:04
Krill

Registered: Apr 2002
Posts: 1539
Quoting Frantic
Quote:
When nerds can't tell someone is trying to pick them up :-)


Haha.. That may very well be the case :) ...but I still maintain that she didn't grasp that there was a live gig going on right in front of her nose, and that mr goto80 and me had to attend to that, despite her wish to be talkative.
Haha, reminds me of a very similar situation when Dalezy (music) and i (visuals) were teaming up in front of a live audience back in 2003. I can't remember the specifics of what the girl inquired (i'm sure it wasn't about what we were doing, though), but i remember repeating the same simple answers over and over, and only days later realised she might have tried to pick me up. :)
2020-09-20 20:43
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Pixel sunday. Fixing wallsets in Eye of the Beholder. 2100 CET.

http://twitch.tv/ja_boozedesign
2020-09-24 20:14
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Eye of the Beholder C64 - Live stream

Stream will start at 21:00 CET and will cover: Create a tool to better visualise decoration graphics to help fixing the decoration graphics.

So almost no C64-coding tonight and mostly will be Java.

twitch.tv/ja_boozedesign
2020-10-03 17:30
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Eye of the Beholder C64 - Will fix graphics live tonight at 22:00 CET.

Join the stream on: twitch.tv/ja_boozedesign
2020-10-03 22:04
Frantic

Registered: Mar 2003
Posts: 1460
Quote:
Will fix graphics live


Yay! :D
2020-10-09 18:51
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Will live stream my attempts to put some pixels for Eye of the Beholder - C64 tonight at 22:30 CEST. twitch.tv/ja_boozedesign
2020-10-10 21:54
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Will go live soon, extending the editor for Eye of the Beholder C64 to also handle doors. I.e. a coding session.
2020-10-15 20:55
JackAsser

Registered: Jun 2002
Posts: 1725
Streaming pixeling with the new editor
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Slajerek/Samar
Guests online: 63
Top Demos
1 Uncensored  (9.7)
2 Edge of Disgrace  (9.6)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.6)
4 Memento Mori  (9.6)
5 Comaland 100%  (9.6)
6 Unboxed  (9.6)
7 The Shores of Reflec..  (9.6)
8 Lunatico  (9.5)
9 Remains  (9.5)
10 C=Bit 18  (9.5)
Top onefile Demos
1 ECM Water  (9.5)
2 Crystal Gazer  (9.5)
3 Dawnfall V1.1  (9.5)
4 Smile to the Sky  (9.5)
5 Daah, Those Acid Pil..  (9.5)
6 Rewind  (9.5)
7 Postcard from Earth 2  (9.5)
8 Instinct  (9.4)
9 The Night It Snowed  (9.4)
10 Tribute to Ben - Las..  (9.4)
Top Groups
1 Booze Design  (9.4)
2 Censor Design  (9.4)
3 PriorArt  (9.4)
4 Oxyron  (9.3)
5 Triad  (9.2)
Top Original Suppliers
1 hedning  (9.8)
2 Baracuda  (9.5)
3 Derbyshire Ram  (9.5)
4 Irata  (9.3)
5 Fungus  (9.0)

Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2020
Page generated in: 0.066 sec.