Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Laxity cracks from It's Magic 2 and Bomb Mania (4player version)
2006-03-20 16:23
HMVDVA
Account closed

Laxity cracks from It's Magic 2 and Bomb Mania (4player version)

According to Gamebase 64 Laxity released It's Magic 2 (http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=13436&d=18&h=0) and the 3 and 4 player version Bomb Mania (http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=948&d=18&h=0).
Both games are from Protovision.
These cracks are nowhere to be found.
Does any1 have them?

Thanx in advance.

Hugs and Kisses,
HMVDVA/Hema+Troep
2006-03-20 16:39
cadaver

See ftp://utopia.hacktic.nl
2006-03-20 16:44
HMVDVA
Account closed

Quote: See ftp://utopia.hacktic.nl

Rule #1...always check TDD + Pokefinder before asking =)

Nope, they're not there.

XXX
HMVDVA
2006-03-20 16:53
cadaver

Ah yes, Bomb Mania (LXT) isn't there. But It's Magic II should be in ftp://utopia.hacktic.nl/pub/c64/Scene/Old/i/ if I'm not gravely mistaken? (whether that is indeed the final is another thing, but AFAIK Laxity never released another version)
2006-03-20 16:58
Mason

Quote: Rule #1...always check TDD + Pokefinder before asking =)

Nope, they're not there.

XXX
HMVDVA

Hmm im sure you can find it where you find the best MOOOOOOOO!!! in town :)
2006-03-20 17:08
HMVDVA
Account closed

Quote: Ah yes, Bomb Mania (LXT) isn't there. But It's Magic II should be in ftp://utopia.hacktic.nl/pub/c64/Scene/Old/i/ if I'm not gravely mistaken? (whether that is indeed the final is another thing, but AFAIK Laxity never released another version)

Weirdness...
It's Magic 2/LAX is actually on TDD... i must overlooked the first time :S

In the meantime, I found the Laxity version of Bomb Mania too (with keyboard fix) but the same original from Dytec and SCS*TRC was used.
If that's true, the 3 and 4 player option from that game will not be working.

Maybe somebody can check this, as I don't have the 4 player adapter.
This one: ftp://c64.rulez.org/pub/c64/Scene/Old/b/Bomb_Mania_fx_%5Bkeyboa..

2006-03-20 17:44
chatGPZ

just incase you wanne make another version that supports the other adapters too, check http://hitmen.c02.at/html/hardware.html :)
2006-03-20 18:10
CreaMD

Quote: just incase you wanne make another version that supports the other adapters too, check http://hitmen.c02.at/html/hardware.html :)

That would be too much effort even for real cracker...
2006-03-20 18:39
chatGPZ

nonsense, its a 5 minutes job :) (i patched bombmania for fun after building the thing, just couldnt be arsed to release a proper version).
2006-03-20 19:12
iopop

No problem with 4 player mode in the Laxity version. Tested with my adapter.
2006-03-20 22:47
CreaMD

Quote: nonsense, its a 5 minutes job :) (i patched bombmania for fun after building the thing, just couldnt be arsed to release a proper version).

Yeah but they first need to study your specs... too much effort for todays standars ;))
2006-03-20 23:15
HMVDVA
Account closed

Quote: Yeah but they first need to study your specs... too much effort for todays standars ;))

Well, it's nothing really special to study about as the patch is pretty straightforward and easy to implement.

But hey, you want something to joke about because you have absolutely no clue about whatsoever and jump on the introlinking bandwagon like the rest of the clueless people over here do.
I can't help it that us, crackers, have no challenges anymore as the publishers are too lazy implementing copy-protections.
It's now all about "data for all" and that's why we still release new (commercial) games or dig up old/unreleased games and do an occasional patch or fix.
You like it or you don't like it, but don't patronize us because you don't have the slightest idea what it's all about.

I have spoken.

XXX,
HMVDVA/Hema+Troep
2006-03-20 23:39
CreaMD

Quote: Well, it's nothing really special to study about as the patch is pretty straightforward and easy to implement.

But hey, you want something to joke about because you have absolutely no clue about whatsoever and jump on the introlinking bandwagon like the rest of the clueless people over here do.
I can't help it that us, crackers, have no challenges anymore as the publishers are too lazy implementing copy-protections.
It's now all about "data for all" and that's why we still release new (commercial) games or dig up old/unreleased games and do an occasional patch or fix.
You like it or you don't like it, but don't patronize us because you don't have the slightest idea what it's all about.

I have spoken.

XXX,
HMVDVA/Hema+Troep

Poor crackers have no challenges and people are so clueless about how skilled crackers are. And yeah the killing argument about not having a slightest idea. Wake up, it's 2006.

But back to the topic. Yes, I think that there is not much crackers doing proper cracking and testing. Especially not in new-game cracking scene.

I have spoken too...

Umba Sid/SidBrothers, The Sister of Black Sheep, CreaMD of Dmagic

hrmpfz.. this fake nick habbit is so addictive..
2006-03-21 02:11
Jazzcat

CreamD: you speak of things you don't know too much about. A pity, as you might realise how foolish your comments just were.
2006-03-21 02:30
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: you speak of things you don't know too much about. A pity, as you might realise how foolish your comments just were.

What exactly is foolish on my comments except of being daring to speak against commonly accepted cracker arguments? ;-) And what exactly is the thing I don't know much about except of (maybe) assumption that when I don't have coder job in the scener profile that must automatically mean that I don't understand how packers, crunchers and loaders work, how to make trainers, how to trace the executing of code, and how to identify the crucial parts of the protection (if any). And anyway, what is harder today? To be a cracker or magazine editor in chief? IMO the second one ;-)
2006-03-21 03:41
Jazzcat

CreamD: your profile and what skills you have are of no concern to me. I'm speaking about being part of the cracking scene, living it, breathing it and working in it. Is it really the crackers fault that games are not protected in any way? Is it really the crackers fault that other platforms and the money-attraction from those have drawn people away from creating games on C64? Is it the crackers fault that a game isn't completed and only a preview is released?

It wouldn't matter how much energy was spent on "cracking" TANKS 3000. The download link would have been deleted if it was +1, +20 or one-filed.

People get so upset about the terminology used here, like "crack" versus "release". This is utterly the responsibility of the game producer, if the game is protected, then the released version is a "crack". If the game is not protected then the released version may be known merely as a "release". Blablabla. Who cares?

I don't really feel that people are targetting Protovision either. But I do feel if any group or anyone do something that isn't liked or is perceived as "lame" then that subject will get jumped on. If someone or something gets jumped on over and over and over, then... well, draw your own conclusion.
2006-03-21 04:05
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: your profile and what skills you have are of no concern to me. I'm speaking about being part of the cracking scene, living it, breathing it and working in it. Is it really the crackers fault that games are not protected in any way? Is it really the crackers fault that other platforms and the money-attraction from those have drawn people away from creating games on C64? Is it the crackers fault that a game isn't completed and only a preview is released?

It wouldn't matter how much energy was spent on "cracking" TANKS 3000. The download link would have been deleted if it was +1, +20 or one-filed.

People get so upset about the terminology used here, like "crack" versus "release". This is utterly the responsibility of the game producer, if the game is protected, then the released version is a "crack". If the game is not protected then the released version may be known merely as a "release". Blablabla. Who cares?

I don't really feel that people are targetting Protovision either. But I do feel if any group or anyone do something that isn't liked or is perceived as "lame" then that subject will get jumped on. If someone or something gets jumped on over and over and over, then... well, draw your own conclusion.

I don't blame them for not having anything to crack, I blame them for cracking just anything that resembles a game and claiming the role of saviors of the scene. I wonder who will save them when they demolish the motivation of the last remaining game creators. Who depends on whom? Was it that lame from PTV to ask for link removals? I don't know. Can we compare value of something what lasted mandays to create to "effort" which takes manhours. What would we do if someone messed with our work.. mhm.

2006-03-21 05:17
Jazzcat

CreamD: your questions are questions directed at the very fabrics of the cracking scene. As stated elsewhere, to think this will damage game sales or Protovision's image as the last game company on C64 is ridiculous. People will still order games, just like I still paid money for Back In Time 1, 2 and 3 and Nexus 6581 even though I could have got them from someone as mp3.

The questions that you ask is one of the reasons why I created the Recollection magazine. Hopefully some views may give people a bit more of an insight into how things operate. At the moment it feels like people are trying to compare apples with oranges. I'm sorry, but Protovision have nothing to do with this "Scene Database" at least when weighed up against "scene" groups or "sceners" themselves.
2006-03-21 07:06
iopop

awesome! o/

It was probably too much work for me to read the specs and contribute with 1/6th of the games at the hitmen site.

But back to the real topic, why would the Laxity version, and in this case the original, have a broken 4player function? (I was far out seeing pink elephants when these versions was released originally.. )
2006-03-21 08:36
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: your questions are questions directed at the very fabrics of the cracking scene. As stated elsewhere, to think this will damage game sales or Protovision's image as the last game company on C64 is ridiculous. People will still order games, just like I still paid money for Back In Time 1, 2 and 3 and Nexus 6581 even though I could have got them from someone as mp3.

The questions that you ask is one of the reasons why I created the Recollection magazine. Hopefully some views may give people a bit more of an insight into how things operate. At the moment it feels like people are trying to compare apples with oranges. I'm sorry, but Protovision have nothing to do with this "Scene Database" at least when weighed up against "scene" groups or "sceners" themselves.

No

Oh, no. ;-)

I should have known what your previous posts aims to is just your "final point" so lets get back there again because I reacted on something else than I should have.

You said: "I'm speaking about being part of the cracking scene, living it, breathing it and working in it. Is it really the crackers fault that games are not protected in any way? Is it really the crackers fault that other platforms and the money-attraction from those have drawn people away from creating games on C64? Is it the crackers fault that a game isn't completed and only a preview is released?"

Conclusion: Crackers desperately need games. Crackers are not people with conscience. Crackers can't be blamed for what they do, because what they do is not their fault. It's fault of nonexisting groups who left the C64. So let's blame greedy Ocean and greedy Electroni Arts etc. for the fact that crackers are now eating the last remaining sheeps (read protovision). Do you really think I need to be explained when my view are based on completely different values than values of crackers scene? I have conscience and I don't feel comfortable about it.

You said: "People get so upset about the terminology used here,? like "crack" versus "release". This is utterly the responsibility of the game producer, if the game is protected, then the released version is a "crack". If the game is not protected then the released version may be known merely as a "release". Blablabla. Who cares?"

Does it matter? Crack or release.. it's still the same. So responsibility of the game producer is to help crackers to get more respect ;-)) Yeah who cares.

You said: "The questions that you ask is one of the reasons why I created the Recollection magazine. Hopefully some views may give people a bit more of an insight into how things operate. At the moment it feels like people are trying to compare apples with oranges. I'm sorry, but Protovision have nothing to do with this "Scene Database" at least when weighed up against "scene" groups or "sceners" themselves."

Good. Do I need to know why PTV games get cracked? Will more insight change my opinion? Paint it yellow or red, it will still be bad in my eyes. Apples or organges, it's 2006 for christ's sake.. people do their stuff in emulators.. the traditions change as in all other ar movements.. you just stick to old principles gooooood, but you can't stop the movement.. after years someone will try to classify periods of C64 scene development.. and maybe all these debates will then get more reasonable. What if it's really about traditionalism and modern era? Well.. I choose the second one for obvious reasons..

Protovision weighted against scene groups or sceners? A perfect chance to define clear and simple metodology. What are your criteria? What exactly makes scener a scener? And how to sort out better sceners and worse scene from nonsceners. And who is the authority of doing such cathegorisation. Simple answer could be... read the magazine and you will maybe get it, but I'm afraid I'm won't. It's not easy to asimilate me... you can try to explain to me as to a child. But use logic, I'm not very empathic.
2006-03-21 08:44
CreaMD

Quote: awesome! o/

It was probably too much work for me to read the specs and contribute with 1/6th of the games at the hitmen site.

But back to the real topic, why would the Laxity version, and in this case the original, have a broken 4player function? (I was far out seeing pink elephants when these versions was released originally.. )

I never thought that you would have slightest problems with that. ;-)
2006-03-21 08:48
Jazzcat

CreamD: A simple reply for your ever-growing queries. If you don't like or feel comfortable with something, that's fine, you've expressed your opinion.

I can tell you:

It won't change a thing. People will continue to crack, people will continue to do things that they like doing. But nice to hear your views anyway!

Perhaps you should ignore any threads about PTV cracked releases in the future, that way you will not feel uncomfortable from the evil terrorist crackers.

Playground CSDB - modernity at its finest.
2006-03-21 08:54
iopop

Quote: I never thought that you would have slightest problems with that. ;-)

Then, who are you talking about? Seriously, I cant say I know that many other "crackers" that are active nowdays that doesnt do oldie stuff..
2006-03-21 09:00
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: A simple reply for your ever-growing queries. If you don't like or feel comfortable with something, that's fine, you've expressed your opinion.

I can tell you:

It won't change a thing. People will continue to crack, people will continue to do things that they like doing. But nice to hear your views anyway!

Perhaps you should ignore any threads about PTV cracked releases in the future, that way you will not feel uncomfortable from the evil terrorist crackers.

Playground CSDB - modernity at its finest.

Ok. First let me smile... ... ok.

So CSDB is a playground, aswell the whole scene. ;-)

Classic, modern, postmodern - get some education in that area and you will realize that it's unstoppable ;-)

FUNGO
2006-03-21 09:03
CreaMD

Quote: Then, who are you talking about? Seriously, I cant say I know that many other "crackers" that are active nowdays that doesnt do oldie stuff..

So after being ever so inconsiderate Excess got inactive (at least it seems) all the job is on you? that's really sad to hear.
2006-03-21 09:18
iopop

Quote: So after being ever so inconsiderate Excess got inactive (at least it seems) all the job is on you? that's really sad to hear.

Still doesnt answer the question on who you are refering to.. The so callled cracking scene isnt that big. (its bigger than only being me ofcourse.) So, it would be really interesting to hear who you are refering to.
2006-03-21 09:30
CreaMD

Quote: Still doesnt answer the question on who you are refering to.. The so callled cracking scene isnt that big. (its bigger than only being me ofcourse.) So, it would be really interesting to hear who you are refering to.

Sorry for looking like I'm putting all crackers in one bag, but my neagitve opinion is mostly based on experience with Excess and Didi/lxt. As for things like 101% cracks are concerned, that's IMO general problem, but I understand that it's not worth bother with most of the new games.
2006-03-21 09:57
Jazzcat

LOL. I do wonder about his knowledge on the scene, but who cares I guess, ignorance is bliss.

CreamD renamed to Bliss will be the next headline on c64.sk? LOL.

CreamD:
What points are you actually trying to make here?
2006-03-21 10:51
CreaMD

I must admit, that according to your criteria, what you say might also be true, as I don't live with/for cracking scene, but at least I'm not pretending that scene is something else than bunch of more-or-less motivated enthusiasts.

Still, it would be nice if you considered defining all the necessary semantics behind the vocabulary you are using around the word "scene" and the word itself. ;-) To me scene is now mostly about chasing and eating it's own tail...
2006-03-21 10:57
Jazzcat

CreamD: well there is many definitions of scene and there is many scenes within the scene, but this is off topic.

Getting back to things: crackers and protovision.

Your opinion has been heard, great!

and now what? Life and scene continue! :)
2006-03-21 11:03
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: well there is many definitions of scene and there is many scenes within the scene, but this is off topic.

Getting back to things: crackers and protovision.

Your opinion has been heard, great!

and now what? Life and scene continue! :)

So that question about what are my points was just rethorical. Good ;-).

And now what? Well, see you in the next discussion about surrealism. I meanwhile study the Rec. #1 just to be sure that I didn't miss some important point. ;-)

2006-03-21 11:06
Jazzcat

CreamD: well, your views don't mean much to me, but still interesting to read your "points" (that's why I asked what you were trying to get at it). It just gives me further inspiration for producing on C64. :)

Anyone who don't want to buy Tanks 3000? grab it from TDD, anyone who does want to buy it with original documentation? Go to the Protovision website.

Only if life was that simple. :)
2006-03-21 11:17
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: well, your views don't mean much to me, but still interesting to read your "points" (that's why I asked what you were trying to get at it). It just gives me further inspiration for producing on C64. :)

Anyone who don't want to buy Tanks 3000? grab it from TDD, anyone who does want to buy it with original documentation? Go to the Protovision website.

Only if life was that simple. :)

Your views don't mean much to me either... geeeeeeez... of course they do (it's quite stupid to say this after all), just I don't agree with some of them. And the points? Probably none if you decided to ignore the most uncomfortable ones ;-). Different worlds...
2006-03-21 12:42
Jazzcat

Well, anyway, I don't think the Hema&Troep release of Tanks 3000 will affect any of the sales from Protovision. Honest and serious collectors/buyers will still buy games from Protovision. And I hope they do also, as it makes them happy and probably PTV happy as well!
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
psenough
Guests online: 146
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)