Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Missing ATC (and other) Releases from The Forum BBS File Directory
2020-07-23 18:21
Radd Maxx

Missing ATC (and other) Releases from The Forum BBS File Directory

Once upon a time, someone captured the entire file list from Pudwerx' The Forum BBS. It seems like this was done some time in 1992. The original SEQs (that are scratched!) can be found on sb148699 in Demonger Box 7.

Being that it's Pudwerx own collection he has several ATC releases, imports as well as his own cracks, that arent in the Db:

3D Chess (3d Scacchi Simulator)
Action Service
Batman - The Caped Crusader
Battle Valley +
Test Drive II - California Challenge
Test Drive II - The Super Cars
Deathlord
Diamond
Echelon
Major Indoor Soccer League
Questron II
Rack 'em
Ricochet +2
Road Runner +M (more than 2 trianers?)
Secret of the Silver Blades
Shoot Out
Space Harrier USA +2
Street Sports Soccer
Test Drive II - The Super Cars
Thunderblade +
Ultima V - Warriors of Destiny
Unitrax +M (more than 2 trainers)?

Others that are missing but that arent in the following list are:

Project Firestart (only known copy is corrupt)
Heroes of the Lance
Pure Stats: Basketball (only known copy is corrupt)

And surely there's more!

There's also plenty other missing releases from other groups to dig up here.

... 1 post hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2020-07-23 18:50
Larry

Also missing is Pudwerx' own Version of UCBBS (1.4).
2020-07-23 21:12
Jazzcat

Quote: Also missing is Pudwerx' own Version of UCBBS (1.4).

Missing yes. But of course, this was a private version. Also, note that V1.4 was used on the Florida BBS "Terminal Obsession" as well.
2020-07-24 18:10
Count Zero

Such a list is no reason to add empty release entries unless you have the binary!
2020-07-26 20:50
Radd Maxx

Instead, if you if you find anything here please bring it to my attention or send it directly to Mason to add to the Official list:

ftp://ftp.scs-trc.net/pub/c64/WANTED_CRACKS.TXT
2020-07-27 08:24
Mason

First to mention it's our common list. I handle the updates, but it's the missing list for the transfer team

About having the empty entries.. it can be a good idea as it can get people to hunt for the broken/missing ones and if it's a good source (like a BBS list) then it can be a big help in the future
2020-07-29 21:13
Radd Maxx

Several of the missing releases here are also on Mason's official unreleased list and they do not have Db entries. I'm not sure what the burden of proof is for empty Db entries but I have created several where:

1 - I found the release name / cracking group in a "warez list" created from the directories of real floppy disks and were not entered by hand.

2 - The release was mentioned in a scroll or some kind of text as having been "also released today" or some time specifically in the past.

3 - The release has been imported by another group and the original is missing.
2020-08-30 12:06
Xidex

After some research I think that these two releases: Batman - The Caped Crusader and Shoot Out do not exist. When I searched through the different floppy disks from different Discspacks, more or less all files were marked with ATC, all have the same Filesize etc but in the end they were just DCS cracks. NO Atc Intro, no information on the disc and no hint in the DCS Intro. The 2 games are always together on a Disc. Maybe ATC have imported it, and marked it with there abbreviation?!
I think that the BBS list already had the wrong name in the file.

Also 3D Chess and 3D Scacchi Simulator looks double, because cracked by ICS and imported by ATC
2020-09-08 14:41
Radd Maxx

Thanks Xidex, all three have been removed.
2020-09-08 14:46
hedning

Quote: Several of the missing releases here are also on Mason's official unreleased list and they do not have Db entries. I'm not sure what the burden of proof is for empty Db entries but I have created several where:

1 - I found the release name / cracking group in a "warez list" created from the directories of real floppy disks and were not entered by hand.

2 - The release was mentioned in a scroll or some kind of text as having been "also released today" or some time specifically in the past.

3 - The release has been imported by another group and the original is missing.

We see the need of some guidelines regarding what burden of proof is needed to add an empty entry, and we will return with some guidelines after the discussion amongst moderators is finished. As seen here just one source from a BBS is not proof enough to add an empty entry on CSDb.

An import where you clearly have the proof in front of you is another thing. Then you can even take screenshots from the original release.
2020-09-23 01:10
Radd Maxx

I forgot to mention that Triad's Gamers Guides (i.e. Gamers Guide #16, etc.) are full of missing releases. These are reviews and scoring of cracks with the cracker's name specifically mentioned (not just the group).

Several Taipan cracks were discovered this way. They were a very controversial/unpopular group, I'm assuming that's why these releases have been missing so long.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mihai
Grue/Extend
Laurent
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Matt
curtcool