Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > PDS (Programmers Development System) software
2010-03-26 09:22
Morpheus

PDS (Programmers Development System) software

Hello guys!

Does anyone have a working copy of the ancient PDS (Programmers Development System) software to share?

... 24 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-03-28 21:50
Moloch

Quote:

WOO HOO!!!!
Just checked out that csdb thread again and SAILOR has posted the files! Yes! Yes! Yes! (sorry but I am rather happy with this turn of events). I've downloaded them but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I will let you know what happens when I do.

As I mentioned, I am still waiting for my csdb clearance so if someone (Moloch, maybe?) could post a thank you to Sailor on my behalf I would be very grateful.

Also, let them know that I intend to create a PDS resource page (as I mentioned previously) which will include all the information requested (manual scans, details of cables, pictures of the PDS bits etc.) and more.

Once again, a big thank you to Moloch, Morpheus and Sailor.

Crimson Twilight Dev Updates [C64 CRPG]
2010-03-28 22:51
sailor

Quoting Moloch
Quote:

As I mentioned, I am still waiting for my csdb clearance so if someone (Moloch, maybe?) could post a thank you to Sailor on my behalf I would be very grateful.

Also, let them know that I intend to create a PDS resource page (as I mentioned previously) which will include all the information requested (manual scans, details of cables, pictures of the PDS bits etc.) and more.

You are most welcome :)

A PDS resource page would be just great! Would be very interesting reading, especially when someone who has worked with the system has written it :)

I compiled the C64 downloaders from the .zip since i understood it was sort of an issue in this case. I compiled them with "ASM6502.EXE" (that is also found in the zip).
pds_crossdevkit_unpacked\C64.DL0
pds_crossdevkit_unpacked\C64.DL1
pds_crossdevkit_unpacked\C64.DL2
pds_crossdevkit_unpacked\MAKEC64.DL1

C64.DL0 and C64.DL1 compiled without problems.

I had to do some tweaking in C64.DL2 and MAKEC64.DL1. I replaced "&" with "$" and i assume that there was a typo in
MAKEC64.DL1:

LDX #>FILENAME
LDY #<FILENAME
LDA #MESSAGE-FILENAME
JSR &FFBD

Should most likely be LDX #< and LDY #>... I did some other changes aswell, then i verified the output against "c64_downloader.prg" (in the zip)... and it was identical.

ASM6502 does not include the loadaddress, so you need to insert two bytes as the loading address.

The compiled downloaders(with modified sources) can be found here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nrwzjo.

Please note that i haven't been able to test the downloaders, but i hope this is some sort of help on the way.

Regards
Jani

2010-03-29 08:34
Morpheus

It's great to see threads turn into something this good. Looking forward to read more about the system as soon as Jason gets the stuff out there. And Sailor, you're getting a mail from me concerning a veeeery secret cooperation. ;)

Thanks for all the help guys!!
2010-03-29 09:23
Oswald

"A PDS resource page would be just great! "

take it to codebase if someone1 is up to it :)
2010-03-29 17:24
Count Zero

While the thread is hot some people might be interested in:

http://ftp.pokefinder.org/PDS_IBM_Editor_Manual.pdf
http://ftp.pokefinder.org/PDS_6502_Assembler_n_Monitor_Manual.p..

/cz
2010-03-29 17:25
Frantic

If so, then put it as a sub-page to this page:

http://codebase64.org/doku.php?id=base:crossdev

//FTC
2010-03-29 17:26
Moloch

Actually, the plan is already in place for another website. I've offered to host it, similar to how Codebase64 sits on one of my servers.

---
Crimson Twilight Dev Updates [C64 CRPG]
2010-03-29 17:48
Frantic

Okay.. Anyway, in the meantime, I added some very brief info here:

http://codebase64.org/doku.php?id=base:pds

Feel free to expand this info. At the very least, this page could serve as a pointer to that upcoming site that Moloch mentions whenever that is ready.
2010-03-29 19:04
sailor

Quoting Morpheus
It's great to see threads turn into something this good.

I second that :)

If i may come with a suggestion, it might ease up the work BUT with the cost of loosing the nostalgic touch :(

Again.. Everything depends on how the software is built up.. but when you got a running binary you might want to move over to modern platforms.

At this point, translate the sources and verify(compare) the output from a modern xasm. This way you know you have done a "correct" translation.

With modern xasms you have access to your favorite editor (unless it is the PDS) ;) and you are not depending on any memory restrictions or place for the downloader.. Still, you might need some equipment to test your software on a real C64.

Regards
Jani
2018-01-29 10:21
AlexC

Sorry for bring this old topic back, but I belive it is extremely interesting. Since all links had expired long time ago here is page from Amstrad wiki that has all the info including c64 part: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/PDS_development_system
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
cba
icon/The Silents, Sp..
Zorch
iAN CooG/HVSC
Krill/Plush
zscs