Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Bug Reports > Login cookie BUG
2013-01-01 21:41
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Login cookie BUG

I mentioned it before, and guys without even looking at it, just said there is nothing wrong, but yesw there is and its very annoying.

first of all im always logged in, i use the csdb.dk url
today i received a pm with a link to a forumthread, which i clicked.

on this thread i was not logged in and there were commercials.
the bug is repeatable.

could you please give the login cookie code a proper look, instead just ciming i am a liar or have a bad browser ?

i think you have some mess with 2 domain names, noname.c64.org and csdb.dk

i sugges you just kill the noname.c64.org domain, and use only csdb.dk

noname is a dead group and a dead brand, and 3. urls are hard to remember. success and good branding is easy domain name. so csdb.dk is perfect.

i just have some suspect that the cookie bug is related to csdb not really knowing from what url the user comes, and then picks the wrong, and send a cookie from the NOT used url the user entered from. something like that...

anyway the bug is real, and should be easy to fix

... 3 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-01-02 16:25
chatGPZ

about time for robots.txt: deny all

Quote:
But sure, the noname domain should probably be deleted.

funny idea. noname.c64.org doesnt even point to csdb, it points to the noname homepage (surprise!)

simply not using it if it doesnt work for you is too easy, i guess o_O
2013-01-03 00:16
CreaMD

It's best to use 301 redirects for all links (I'm sure all you need is to recreate the stuff that comes after "?") e.g. this function can be used to get the page URL:

function curPageURL() {
 $pageURL = 'http';
 if ($_SERVER["HTTPS"] == "on") {$pageURL .= "s";}
 $pageURL .= "://";
 if ($_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] != "80") {
  $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].":".$_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
 } else {
  $pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
 }
 return $pageURL;
}

Then replace the http://noname.c64.org by http://www.csdb.dk and do the redirect ... exit. that will learn everyone to use the new addres, still keep the old links working... instruct google bot to keep only new url in the index. If necessary, also keep only version of csdb.dk link the same way (either with www. prefix or without it)

roman
2013-01-03 05:23
SIDWAVE
Account closed

mail out a mess to all users, that noname...* will go away and the add to use is CSDB.DK

people who rarely visit and find out they cant find csdb, will google it

its no big issu i think.

asking me or us all to log into both pages, is bollocks.
1 domain, always logged in, end of story

but we all know that csdb is 2000 tech, and should long ago been ported to a modern cms. there are some good free ones, seems that just nobody have time to work on it.

perff and me actually discussed over 5 years ago all how csdb 2.0 should be

wife kids and job prevent us, c64.com is also looking for a dedicated developer and want to move on.

if just my server hadnt died i would have shown you my beta, because i was trying out some cms and trying to decide whats best, but then.. crash

maybe some day we will get luck.. :)

as i can see from your answer, you dont care to fix the bug.
just go in, and completely ignore the noname. domain in all stuff about the site, then it should work
2013-01-03 07:56
Linus

Huh? If it really is such an issue Perff could just 301 it. Et voila.
2013-01-03 13:18
Perff
Administrator

A little history. :)

Way back we got noname.c64.org for our noname website instead of some of the ugly url's we used earlier (can be found in some of our old demos).

When we got the idea for CSDb we had no idea what it would become, so to make it simple we added it as a subpage of our noname-website. Hence the url noname.c64.org/csdb

When CSDb started to become popular we wanted simpler urls, and got hold of c64scene.net which never really got to work the way it should, and also got an extra c64.org subdomain as a referer (csdb.c64.org), but it was still noname.c64.org/csdb which was the "real" adress.

Some years ago I wanted to correct this, and got hold of csdb.dk, and changed what needed to be changed to make it work both on csdb.dk and the old adress.
The plan was to make csdb.dk the "real" adress and render the rest obsolete.

The noname.c64.org/csdb url is however very much spread on the net, so just to kill that one off was not a good idea, but I have got some hints how to autoforward such requests to csdb.dk, (like yours CreaMD :) ) so I'll start looking at such a solution. :)

Edit: And very easy it was! :)
If anyone experience any problems let me know.
2013-01-03 17:13
chatGPZ

Quote:
perff and me actually discussed over 5 years ago all how csdb 2.0 should be
wife kids and job prevent us, c64.com is also looking for a dedicated developer and want to move on.

does that mean csdb will never get that superior search technique? :(
2013-01-04 03:49
SIDWAVE
Account closed

im not doing anything no more, im a professional gambler now. i need money (who doesnt) to reclaim my car
2013-01-05 15:13
Acidchild

Hm, I wrote it before, csdb.dk is blocked at my work, so unfortunately now the time is gone where i could spend my nightshifts while surfing on my favourite site :(
2013-01-05 15:37
CreaMD

AC, ask Perff privately for IP exception. You can check your IP at work via www.whatismyip.com when the script detects computer coming from that IP, it will skip redirection (if Perff implements it, that is).
2013-01-16 08:09
AmiDog

Quote:
csdb.dk is blocked at my work

It was here too, which was really annoying. However, whenever I reach a blocked site, I get an "Access Denied" page and a link "Request re-categorisation of the website you tried to access." poiting at BlueCoat. So I used that link yesterday, and asked them to change the category of csdb.dk from "Games" to "Newsgroups/Forums", which they did, and now I can access CSDb again :-)
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Didi/Laxity
Erol
Mason/Unicess
Impetigo/Crescent
Radd Maxx/SWIM
Mibri/ATL^MSL^PRX