Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > Needed help with login
2011-05-30 10:08
wacek

Needed help with login

There is a person that has it's account created, the password is lost, but also the email with which the account was created does not exist anymore. Who can help this person to reset the email and password?

... 4 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-03-18 19:10
Celtic
Administrator

Eveyone who registers will be asked to write some information on who they are and what qualifies their link with the scene.
we get a whole lot of c64-fan requests. people who would like to comment, but with no real link with the scene, no scene activity. These people get denied.

It usually takes a few days for all the mods/admins to see the new requests, so no instant access after siging up.
2012-03-18 22:36
Heavy Stylus

Thanks for clarifying that Celtic. Will pass on the info.
2012-03-19 17:29
bugjam

Quote: Eveyone who registers will be asked to write some information on who they are and what qualifies their link with the scene.
we get a whole lot of c64-fan requests. people who would like to comment, but with no real link with the scene, no scene activity. These people get denied.

It usually takes a few days for all the mods/admins to see the new requests, so no instant access after siging up.

Hm. I know it will not be considered anyway, but I find it a bit of a pity - for one, it might be difficult for complete newcomers who would like to start a scene activity, but have no link to/history in the scene yet (although those ones will be rare I guess; however, I do actually know someone who was denied for that reason, and who wanted to seek help here in the forums), and secondly, it might prevent people who want to upload stuff, which they just found on the fleamarket or on dad's attic - which is a shame, as there are not really many alternatives where to upload stuff for preservation. Just my 2 cents.
2012-03-19 18:15
Celtic
Administrator

There are plenty of resources out there with beginner help to make someone actually produce something without asking for help here initially, but that's actually besides the point.

almost 99% of people who show their intentions to become either active in the scene or to upload stuff here on csdb will get their account approved. These problems hardly excist anymore, because people have to think before they sign up. (well, thats what i think anyway)

however about 50% of all registrations consist of things like 'i like commodore' or 'i am a c64 fan'.

If someone writes a few sentences about what their intentions are chances are they will get approved.

There are several other places where stuff gets dumped, which i think in most cases will be picked up by someone of the active collectors who eventually upload it, i honestly dont think we lose a lot through this proces.

As an added benefit, in the beginning, when becomming a member was much easyer, the people with small or no links to c64 scening tended to cause problems.
One example for me was a guy who send me countless pm's asking question easily found in the faq.

I encourage people to ask questions about the registration process if someone needs help, or when a friend you feel has a place here is denied, send a pm to one of us, or tell the friend to write more in the applications process.
2012-03-20 17:04
bugjam

OK, fair enough; although I do not necessarily see the relation between the ability/willingness to read/understand FAQs/rules and a scene connection. ;-)
I would suggest, however, to give them at least some hints to other places to dump stuff/get help, I would hate it if someone got discouraged from C64 by the denial here; just as a gesture of courtesy. (Even though one would doubt the seriousness of someone's intentions anyway if he would let himself be discouraged so easily.)
2013-07-17 00:06
CFS

It seems you guys ain't as strict as you say. I requested a membership 2 days ago and my only link to the scene is the release of some SEUCKs. Well, I use SEUCK to show my gfx skills n' that ain't a bad thing, is it? Anyway, I need some help, too: I've also lost my old login information, that's why I signed up again. Now, could some mod please be cool and delete my old account (and keep THIS ONE of course)? Or merge both? It might be confusing to others to find the same guy twice (not that I see myself as that important to anyone here). Thanx
2013-07-17 00:41
chatGPZ

your user account has nothing to do with the scener entry in the database, so there is no confusion at all :)

and as you noticed, we arent terrible strict with it at all :=)
2013-07-17 22:36
CFS

Yeah, I understand. But I would like to claim my games and change/delete my (really old!) picture :D I can prove that "ColorClashSoftware" is my account. The pic shows me in Brussels and I have more of those pics. So, we best delete the whole damn thing and link the related games to THIS account and everybody is happy, especially me. In return I promise to never ever again forget my login information, ok? ;)

And I'll pay you a beer.
2013-07-17 22:41
chatGPZ

uhm you didnt understand. there is no relation whatsoever between the user account used to log in to the website and the scener entry in the database - so there is no need to "reclaim" anything. just click the "update" button and upload your new picture :) (there never was a user account named "ColorClashSoftware" btw =))
2013-07-18 10:38
CFS

Sorry, my bad. Used CSDB for 2 years without logging in. Didn't remember how that works. Now I get it :D Thanks.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
sebalozlepsi
Zoid
Krill/Plush
AMB/Level 64
Kojote/Speckdrumm
Hero/ILLUSION