Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2019
#258 Commando IFFL Fileloader and EasyFlash
SIDs used in this release :
Look for downloads on external sites:
Submitted by lemming on 25 June 2014
Submitted by Tom-Cat on 24 May 2014
|After a long time in development, Nostalgia presents our improved version of Commando. This version has so many improvements that we decided not to call it a crack. Much of the code is newly written, a lot of old code was bug fixed, and a lot was added to the game to make it the ultimate home computer version. |
List of major improvements:
* 5 new levels added. Game now has a total of 8 levels, just like the arcade original. Therefore the game is now a multiload.
* Level 3 is a completely new level with barracks.
* Levels 2 and 8 have new hangar and new turret graphics.
* Level 4 is what Level 3 was in the original C64 version.
* Level 5 has a new feature - swamps,which replace ponds from the arcade original. Also there are soldiers that shoot at you from behind a log.
* Level 6 is similar to level 2 as in the original game.
* Level 7 has new style barracks with soldiers coming out of them.
* Level 8 has a fully visible watchtower with hangars and a few other features.
* Completely new demo-grade sprite multiplexer allows almost completely flicker-free sprites on screen.
* Completely new scroller code enables more raster time for other parts and enables a full 60 fps game at all times.
* Added the arcade's helicopter that drops Super Joe onto the battlefield and picks him up after the mission is over.
* Level transaction screens now have new animations converted from the arcade version.
* Scores have 2 more digits to prevent them from overflowing and wrap around at 999999 points.
* Long Fire button press will fire a grenade (if option is enabled).
* 8th place on the high score table can be entered now.
* Lives are properly printed now - if you manage to have more than 10.
* Grenade counter stops at 99 now - it used to wrap around to 0 before.
* Turrets on levels 2 and 6 used to crash the c64 before. Now you can grenade them at will.
* Attract mode now shows 4 screens from the last played level. It also shows the highscores and N0S credits.
* Game over sequence added with enemies running around shooting.
* Soldiers now throw bombs at you regardless of your position. Makes the game a bit more challenging.
* Enemies go behind the black status bar now - used to disappear sporadically there.
* Added a left-to-right driving motorcycle to some of the levels.
* Scoring works more like the arcade, so similar scores can be achieved.
* New Sound Modes are added with many new tunes (some levels have different tunes) and even more sound effects.
* Loading screen and loading tune was added to the game.
* You can pause the game by pressing the RUN/STOP key. While in pause you can quit the game by pressing Q.
* High Scores are saved to disk and cartridge now.
* IFFL version of the game supports REU memory (256kb required).
* File Loader version of the game can be loaded using any device.
* Easy Flash version of game supports Backup/Restore of High Scores to disk. Those high scores are compatible with File Loader version.
* Game is compatible with both PAL and NTSC systems.
* Game supports 2 options which can be selected at the start.
* Game has 5 trainers for practice play.
Sound Modes are:
* C64 Music + SFX
This is the original game sound mode. You'll hear Rob Hubbard's music and sound effects.
* New SFX
This will enable the New Sound Effects Engine. You'll hear main sfx and enemy sfx in this mode. No music will be played in the background.
* New Music + SFX
In this mode you'll hear new music created by 6R6 and main sound effects.
* C64 Music
This will play original C64 music only. No sfx will be heard during the game.
Press RUN/STOP to pause the game and Q to quit the game while paused.
· Hidden Parts
· Trivia (1)
About this site:
CSDb (Commodore 64 Scene Database) is a website which goal is to gather as much information and material about the scene
around the commodore 64 computer - the worlds most popular home computer throughout time. Here you can find almost anything which was ever made
for the commodore 64, and more is being added every day. As this website is scene related, you can mostly find demos, music and graphics made by the
people who made the scene (the sceners), but you can also find a lot of the old classic games here.
Try out the search box in the top right corner, or check out the CSDb main page for the latest additions.
Page generated in: 0.096 sec.