Look for downloads on external sites:
Submitted by iAN CooG on 31 July 2010
2.23 - 2010.06.12-2010.07.30
- found a Time cruncher hack expecting registers set by JSR $FD15 ($31/$30/$ff),
now it's handled correctly in pass 1.
- in verbose mode, now also number of iterations and total cycles taken by the
simulated CPU are printed, just to see which is the slowest&fastest unpacker.
- raised max iterations to support VERY intensive unpackers like ALZ64, worst
testcase I found needs 27097007 (0x019D77AF) iterations to finish unpacking.
This cruncher isn't really meant for crunching programs ranging from $0801 to
$ff00 due to its slowness, but still has to be supported even when abused =)
New max value is set to 0x02000000, should be more than enough for anything
that actually reaches end of unpacking, and won't cause too much delay with
programs that can't be really unpacked or with endless loops.
- raised max recursion (parameter -c) to 16.
- when return address is $a7ae (RUN), if the unpacker sets start of basic
pointers $2b/$2c to something different than $0801, it will be printed.
In any case, if the new basic sysline can't be resolved or does not exist,
"RUN" will be displayed instead of $a7ae.
For example: ($a7ae)->(new basic start $4001)->RUN
- 4Code Zipper v2.S
- 4WD-Soft Packer
- 64'er (Happy-Packer) / Equal Sequences 2.2
- AFLG/M.Pall Autostarter
- BN 1872 Packer
- BN 1872 Intro
- CNCD Classic Packer
- CruelCrunch / RND variant
- DarkSqueezer / G*P
- DSC Packer v2
- ECA / Old Packer
- Excalibur 666 Coder
- Excalibur 666 Packer
- Excell/Ikari Intro (many with similar reloc code)
- FLT-01 intro
- Ikari-06 Intro (Tri-Dos)
- FCG ExProtect
- FX Bytepress / Seen variant
- FinalCart 3 Loader (id only)
- HardPacker/Caution v1.0
- Galleon's FW4C V3.0/V3.1 (sysless&loadback)
- GCS Packer (2 variants)
- GCS Autostarter (2 variants)
- Helmet/TempesT v2.x
- Loadstar Packer
- Loadstar Linker v2.0
- MSCrunch v1.5 / ABS variant
- Oneway Makt-Link v2.0
- QuickPacker/Caution v1.0 (sysless)
- ScreenCrunch / FCG (+xor)
- SledgeHammer v2.x/Trap
- T.L.R. Packer
- T.L.R. Protector v1/v2
- TFG Packer (FCG Packer hack + xor)
- Time Cruncher 3.x/Agile
- Time Cruncher 3.x/S451
- Time Cruncher / Vikings header
- Trilogic Expert v2.9a/Expert User Club
- Trilogic Expert / ASS (probably an hack of some v2.x)
- TSM Packer
- XTC Packer v2.3 / G*P variant
- X-Terminator v3.x / ILS (variable codebytes, sys&sysless, 2 variants)
- Unknown Oneway packer (2 variants)
- Unknown $107 Packer v2.x (probably by Rockstar)
- CC65 v2.x(?): new version detected
- 64'er Packer identified, found also an earlier version called Happy-Packer
(was 64'er Cruncher and SIR Packer); it's a cart-only packer system
(C) 1987 Peter Arndt, found on 64'er disks. Creates many variants by letting
user choose different parameters so code is variable. Descriptions and
versions updated. Endaddress was one byte too much in some versions, fixed.
Many combinations are not supported yet, but will be added for sure.
- Agile Packer V1.0: Now detects both versions, with sysline and sysless.
- ATT Packer: now detects also "loadback" versions.
- CCS Executer: More variants detected
- CruelCrunch / ILS variant (was CruelCrunch Unknown)
- DarkSqueezer 2.x: relaxed ID to detect some hacks.
- DSC Packer: adjusted start of memory, always writes 2 bytes too much.
- Beeftrucker/Zipplink: separated IDs for $56 (Beeftrucker) and $54 (Zipplink)
- Falco Paul Packer (was Unknown 20CC Packer) found in many Bros cracks aswell.
- FCG Packer 1.0/1.1: fixed End of memory, wrong pointer was used.
- G-Packer/Oxyron: Now detects both versions, with sysline and sysless.
- Galleon's Equal Chars: special version with an LDY before JMP now is patched.
- Idiots v1.0 identified (was Unknown $06 Packer), v1.1 is actually v2.1.
- ILS/RND Coder: now detects 1 variant used in Random imports. Made by Pudwerx?
- ISC Packer: start of memory wasn't set.
- Kompressmaster Packer (was 711 Packer) renamed.
- MasterCompressor/Relax: better return address detection.
- QuickPacker/Caution v2.5 (was Caution Packer v1.x): version identified and
added sysless version. QuickPacker V2.1 is actually V2.0 sysless.
- ScreenCrunch: End of memory was always 1 byte too much, fixed.
- SIR Combine v3.x: version with variable startaddress for each saved prg.
- Sledgehammer 2.1: better start of memory detection.
- Supercrunch: better return address detection.
- Super Compressor / Equal chars: start of memory required adding X register.
- TCD Link&Crunch: relaxed ID so it's detected even if the 1st SEI is missing.
UNP64 doesn't need it, but such programs would fail on a real C64 unless the
previous packing layer already stops interrupts.
- Time Cruncher 3.1: now detects a variant that RUNs the unpacked program.
- Time Cruncher 4.2/Generic Hack: entry point detected on more sysless variants.
- Time Cruncher 5.0: now detects another variant.
- Unknown $fd Packer: now detects also "loadback" versions.
- Unknown $107 Packer: now detects also "loadback" versions.
- XTC Packer v1.0/2.2 (was XTC Packer v2.x) renamed, they are very similar with
just one difference. v2.4 is just an hack of v2.2 so it's identified as v2.2.
- XTC Packer v2.3 (was 6Code Zipper) identified.
- XTC Packer v2.x/G*P (was XTC Unknown, slightly different from 2.3 & 2.3/G*P)
- Zipper 3.0: again, start of memory wasn't set correctly. Seems that often
writes also the byte before the real startaddress ($0fff instead of $1000)
- Petspeed: More variants detected
· Hidden Parts