Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Werner ! (Registered 2024-05-30) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Please add an anti AI-scraping txt to csdb
2024-05-11 09:50
Sander

Please add an anti AI-scraping txt to csdb

I’ve noticed csdb has been scraped by ‘AI’ tools already, up to 300+ images.
I’d love to see a preventing solution added to csdb, as shown here: AI.txt.

It seems like a small effort.
Personally I’d hate to see my stuff being fed to the tech bros machinery. I hope someone can take care of this.

Cheers,
Sander

... 13 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2024-05-14 19:39
Sander

First of all, Thanks Perff! Much appreciated.
I hope it will have some effect on the scrapers, perhaps eventually when legal things have been sorted out it might become a condition.

@Jetboy, that might be true, but if none attempts anything, that will be granted. And thanks for bringing up the image-tweaking to confuse the 'AI'.

@Groepaz, I tried to find that option, but could only find the downloads to be hidden behind the login? Please enlighten me :)

Update; I've ran the screenshots of my images by Glaze, in order to confuse the AI/LLM. And i'm replacing them here on csdb. (using minimal settings, the images are hardly affected visually).
2024-05-14 20:00
chatGPZ

Quote:
@Groepaz, I tried to find that option, but could only find the downloads to be hidden behind the login? Please enlighten me :)

It was a suggestion as a change to the site :)
2024-05-20 22:53
Sander

I was pointed at this today (Cheers Se7en). Which is based on darkvisitors.com - apparently a more viable alternative to the AI.TXT, as mentioned before.

Any other helpful insights would be welcome, as I'm a tech noob. I would appreciate to keep this topic on the radar.
2024-05-21 11:39
bepp

We should post rastersplits instead. The AI doesn't get it.
2024-05-21 12:48
JackAsser

Quote: We should post rastersplits instead. The AI doesn't get it.

From ChatGPT:

"A raster split is a technique used in raster graphics, which are images composed of a grid of individual pixels. This method is often employed in the context of rendering graphics, particularly in video games and other visual applications. Here are some key aspects of raster splits:

Definition: A raster split refers to a situation where the display of a raster image is divided into multiple segments or "splits." Each segment can be rendered or processed differently, allowing for various visual effects or optimizations.

Usage in Video Games: In classic video game systems, raster splits were commonly used to create effects such as parallax scrolling, where different layers of the background move at different speeds to create an illusion of depth. By changing the scrolling parameters at specific points on the screen, developers could achieve this effect.

Technical Implementation: The raster split is typically achieved by altering certain graphics hardware registers at specific scanlines (horizontal lines of pixels) during the rendering process. This often involves precise timing to ensure the changes occur at the right moment as the screen is being drawn from top to bottom.

Modern Applications: While less common in modern graphics due to the advanced capabilities of contemporary GPUs, the concept of raster splits can still be relevant in certain scenarios where fine-grained control over rendering is necessary. It can also be seen in retro-style games or emulators aiming to replicate the behavior of older hardware.

Advantages: Raster splits can allow for more efficient use of resources by enabling different parts of the screen to be updated independently. They also facilitate special effects that would be more complex or resource-intensive to achieve otherwise.

In summary, a raster split is a technique that divides the screen into multiple segments during the rendering process, allowing for different visual effects and optimizations by altering how each segment is drawn."

Pretty spot on I'd say.
2024-05-21 13:47
4gentE

Quote:
Pretty spot on I'd say.

Yeah, but it doesn't get it.
2024-05-21 16:46
Mr. SID

Ask it how it feels about raster splits... :)
2024-05-21 17:41
tlr

Ask what the “rendering process” is referring to more specifically. :)
2024-05-21 22:26
Sander

Hilarious ;)
Be kind and keep it on-topic.
2024-05-21 22:34
JackAsser

Quote: Hilarious ;)
Be kind and keep it on-topic.

Sorry. :) Couldn't resist. But yeah, let's keep it OT.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Arkaxow
Airwolf/F4CG
Core/VPN
zzarko
Guests online: 109
Top Demos