Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > niallquinn
2024-05-01 21:37
Wile Coyote

niallquinn

niallquinn status was logged in.
I clicked on niallquinn in the Users Online section of the CSDb web page.

https://csdb.dk/search/?seinsel=sceners&search=niallquinn&ls=1

We're terribly sorry. We were unable to find anything for you.
But don't give up! There are 3 possibilities :
You made a typo? Check your spelling.
You were searching in the wrong category?
You know something we don't? Though we strive to be the most complete source of C64 Scene info on the web, we probably do not have info on everyone and everything from around the world (yet!).
If this is the case, we invite you to submit it.

eh?

How does this user have an account?

... 4 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2024-05-03 20:23
niallquinn

Independant as it were, just knew people in the North-East of England so got them straight from the source, that's all.

Released stuff on the ST and Amiga, went by the handle then of Moxil89. ST was compacts, Amiga was compacts, with the odd 1 disk versions instead of 2, or 2 disk versions of 3 disk games, the odd intro etc. Got a few of my releases in the Amiga tosec, and non-tosec sets. Went to a few parties back in the day, main one being the Quartex, The Silents, and Mayhem in 1990 in Newcastle

https://demozoo.org/sceners/100647/

On the 64, I created nothing, just obtained stuff quickly straight from 3 groups, 2 in Middlesborough, 1 in Sunderland. If that's not enough, please close my account. I do apologise.
2024-05-03 22:17
TheRyk

Quoting niallquinn
On the 64, I created nothing, ...

Time to start then, now that you've got a scener entry :)

For example: Slam your head 1,000 times on the keyboard and you've got a PETSCII gfx...
2024-05-04 06:34
Raistlin

Quote: Independant as it were, just knew people in the North-East of England so got them straight from the source, that's all.

Released stuff on the ST and Amiga, went by the handle then of Moxil89. ST was compacts, Amiga was compacts, with the odd 1 disk versions instead of 2, or 2 disk versions of 3 disk games, the odd intro etc. Got a few of my releases in the Amiga tosec, and non-tosec sets. Went to a few parties back in the day, main one being the Quartex, The Silents, and Mayhem in 1990 in Newcastle

https://demozoo.org/sceners/100647/

On the 64, I created nothing, just obtained stuff quickly straight from 3 groups, 2 in Middlesborough, 1 in Sunderland. If that's not enough, please close my account. I do apologise.

I lived in Sunderland for quite a while .. and travelled to Middlesbrough on more occasions than I'd like to admit (3?).. so, yeah, if you can do that, people should throw open every door for you that they can ;-) .. even more than for those who ventured to Sweden I dare say!

Do you still live in the North East?
2024-05-04 12:33
Mibri

Just checked the Demozoo link - ah, Houghton-Le-Spring! Good to have another Co. Durham lad around on here. :) I'm from Consett originally, been living in Newcastle for years though. I wonder if you know Maestro at all? He's another North East-based C64 swapper - I've met him a couple of times and will be catching him again at X next week, top fella.
2024-05-04 13:15
Raistlin

Quote: Just checked the Demozoo link - ah, Houghton-Le-Spring! Good to have another Co. Durham lad around on here. :) I'm from Consett originally, been living in Newcastle for years though. I wonder if you know Maestro at all? He's another North East-based C64 swapper - I've met him a couple of times and will be catching him again at X next week, top fella.

Houghton? Nice! I lived in Newbottle for a while … and the old company office (both Pitbull/Epic and Coconut Lizard) was as in Rainton Bridge.
2024-05-04 16:06
niallquinn

Newbottle? Ha, Jolly Potter gone, Kings or was it Queens head gone, the clerb is still there though. So is the Sun Inn.

Houghton is dead. Snooker club closed, Robbie Burns closed, Houghton Social Club closed, Jolly Farmers closed, Lambton Arms closed, Golden Lion closed, Houghton Buffs closed, Strikes opposite the buffs closed. Only the White Lion and the Brit opposite are left.

I left Houghton in 2000, and for the last 24 years been living and working in North Yorskhire. Still go up a few times for the match and see the lads (pleased I did't today, lost 2-0 to Wednesday)...
2024-05-04 16:16
niallquinn

@Raistlin, ah, did you know Munch of NATO? Stu Marsland, lived near the Grange, Fullwell? He was in Fusion on the 64 as well. Wasn't in Nato that long, but rang a great bbs after the 64, was in Qaurtex, Agile, Razor1911 etc etc.
2024-05-04 16:19
niallquinn

Quote: Just checked the Demozoo link - ah, Houghton-Le-Spring! Good to have another Co. Durham lad around on here. :) I'm from Consett originally, been living in Newcastle for years though. I wonder if you know Maestro at all? He's another North East-based C64 swapper - I've met him a couple of times and will be catching him again at X next week, top fella.

BY god Consett has changed so much as well, since the Steelworks went, it died on it's arse. Same as all the pit villages reallly in the East-Durham coalfield.

Great to see you marras.

Right, I'll stop now, 64 chat only.
2024-05-05 01:37
Raistlin

Quote: @Raistlin, ah, did you know Munch of NATO? Stu Marsland, lived near the Grange, Fullwell? He was in Fusion on the 64 as well. Wasn't in Nato that long, but rang a great bbs after the 64, was in Qaurtex, Agile, Razor1911 etc etc.

I didn’t, no… I only moved to the NorthEast after Uni - so my scene days were in North Yorkshire (Silsden, if you know it).

We should create a separate chat somewhere with Mibri so we’re not just giving all the CSDb’ers our life details (my old demos often featured my full home address anyway - so nothing new here :p).

Pubs in the U.K. have been eroded for years I think - especially through covid of course.
2024-05-06 17:32
ChristopherJam

Hey, I lived in Gateshead (Low Fell to be a bit more specific) from 1997 to 2004. I was a bit quiet on the c64 for most of that time though, didn't get to my first demo party until a few months before moving back to Australia.

I nearly worked with Raistlin and Kreator - inherited some code from an earlier project at the same employer after they left :)
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Airwolf/F4CG
Guests online: 86
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Mojo  (9.7)