Event Types :
Copy Party, Demo Party
CCB 9 CCB9 CCB#9 BCC#9 BCC9 BCC 9
27 February - 1 March 2015
Kranoldstr. 16, Entrance Hertastrasse 11
hoeppie, TheRyk, Thunder.Bird
Organizer Groups :
C64 Club Berlin
Competition Results :
Productions released outside compos :
Attendants : (28)
Achim, Awsm, Bodo, Brainstorm, dalezy, Dead Pacman, DJ Gruby, Geißpeter, helmutx, hoeppie, Hurrican, insane, Jak T Rip, Kenchis, kenji, MacGyver, Monte Carlos, nomiStake, Prof. Pi^2, Seanser, Shay CPC, sidAholic, The USER, TheRyk, Thorsten Kattanek, Thunder.Bird, Titus, Zed Yago
External links :
Releases containing information on this event :
Submitted by Oswald on 2 March 2015
|8.2 and 8.5 csdb ratings for demos released here, bet quite higher than a lot of classic ones.
Submitted by TheRyk on 1 March 2015
|Wow Xiny that was fast! Thanks a lot.
Also once again thanks to all our partners, sponsors, guests, live and remote competitors. You are BCC!
Need a shower an a day or two without 8 bit & beer now ;)
Hope to see you soon at some other event or at next BCC.
TheRyk for BCC Orga
Submitted by Dr.j on 1 March 2015
|10x very much Xiny6581 for the recording.
i will listen it very soon
Submitted by Xiny6581 on 1 March 2015
Submitted by Xiny6581 on 1 March 2015
|Hold your horses, but not too long!
Sid recordings are in progress.... :-)
Submitted by TheRyk on 25 February 2015
|Though official beginning is scheduled 6 p.m., I can now tell you that some of us BCC guys will be around as early as 3 p.m. So someone should answer the doorbell/let you in if you arrive early by train/plain/for whatever reason.
Submitted by TheRyk on 15 February 2015
|Some more info on BCC#9 competitions, since a couple of you asked:
- You can release any production that runs on a vanilla C64 with 1541-II or a C128D live or as remote entry.
- Additional hardware is allowed for live entries, but must be brought to the party by author(s) - including cables etc. Although we very probably have everything like 1571/1581/REU/NeoRAM/EF3/1541UandU2/Chameleon/SD2IEC/DTV & the more spookier stuff, even a some kind of bitchy SCPU there, we don't want to be in charge if a release can't be shown due to some special hardware not working/not being there. Please only release on tape if it makes sense (like in tape demo A load of TAP some years ago) and make sure to bring a working datasette then.
- Other systems than C64 and C128 can only be shown if author makes sure to bring hardware to the party to show it, very probably Arcade Systems, Atari, a few Amigas and whatnot will be around, but though I have nothing against .MOD music, I don't wanna have too much to do with 16 bit systems ;)
- Categories: probably there will be at least C64 demo/ C64 music/ C64 gfx as extra categories again plus a Mixed C64 for entries with less than 3 entries (e.g. C64 games, maybe other systems whatsoever stuff unless we have more than 3 other systems releases, in that case we would split Mixed/C64 Mixed)
- File formats:
-- In C64 music category I accept .SID files or .PRG, doesn't matter, your choice. If you send it as .SID, I'll generate .PRG with http://csdb.dk/release/?id=134665. Make sure you flagged 6581/8580 correctly. And if it's stereo, tell me crystal clear where 2nd SID has to be jumpered ;).
-- In all other C64 categories please send PRGs loadable and executable via LOAD"NAME",8,1 [RETURN] RUN [RETURN] (or .D64 images containing such .PRGs). If gfxians want me to make an exec of their Koala/HiRes/PETSCII, that's alright in case of emergency(!<- i.e. I prefer if you do this on your own or find sb else who does it for you) if you don't tell me so last minute, but ask me in due time and don't expect me to code extremely special gfx displaying like fullborder multiscreener in whatever interlace flickery format for you.
- Prizes: Remote entries normally only compete for fame. BUT(!) if one groupmate from a releasing group is present at the prize giving ceremony, we do not count it as remote anymore, your groupmate can pick sth for you, we will not ship any prizes, though. Winners will pick first from tons of prizes we organized, not only hardware and software but also other needful or beautiful things our sponsors and us could provide.
- Remember deadline for sending remote entries to ryker[ÄT]freenet.de is Fri 27th 12:00 high noon GMT
- If anything remained unclear or you need any help, just contact me here or via mail.
Submitted by TheRyk on 14 February 2015
|No problem Monte!
Tunder offered to provide a bunch of monitors for people traveling by train or plane.
And yes, there will be a soldering corner with skilled gurus who might even get quite horny if they may repair a 1581 for a change instead of only replacing CIAs all day :)
Submitted by Monte Carlos on 8 February 2015
|Thank you for organizing this event again. I like to come and want to ask if i could bring one 1581 and one other 5 1/4 drive for repairment. The other think i would like to ask, if someone could rent me a small monitor or similar. The other c64 hw/1541 etc. i can bring myself.
Submitted by TheRyk on 28 January 2015
|Some travel information
The district "Neukölln" is Berlin south central.
If you come by plane or train or any other public transport , your target staion is the tram station "S Hermannstr". You can get there for example via taking S41/42 (aka "Ringbahn") from stations Gesundbrunnen or Südkreuz.
If you leave the station Herrmanstr, head for the shopping mall and walk down Hermanstr till the 4th crossing, then head left --> Hertastr. 11
If you come by car, take Autobahn A2 to Hannover/Berlin, change to A10, then "Stadtautobahn" A100, take exit "Hermannstraße", head left, then 3rd crossing right --> Hertastraße 11
1 more month to go!
Don't forget to mail me your remote entries till Friday 27th of Feb high noon! BTW since I was asked, if a group releases sth and ANY groupmate is present when results are announced, it is not a remote entry (meaning competing for eternal fame only) but your groupmate can pick a prize for you as long as we don't have to do the shipping.
Cheers, looking 4wd to party with you!
Submitted by Buddha on 24 December 2014
|I have plan to release my "Buddha music disk #02" on this party event in mixed compo. Code and music by me, graphics by DMD . Cheers and happy cool party people :)
Submitted by TheRyk on 13 December 2014
|didn't you hold space in the invitro? ;)
We guarantee 6 p.m. but probably(!) it's no problem to show up earlier, must talk to Thunder & Hoeppie again, in the last years either or both of them managed to be there 1 or 2 hours earlier.
Submitted by DJ Gruby on 13 December 2014
|What time does the door open on Friday?
Submitted by Dr.j on 3 November 2014
|I hope to come and meet you all there
Submitted by TheRyk on 3 November 2014
|Editing comments still disabled \o/
So here's the first update already:
If you decide in due time, there's tons of reasonably-priced hostels/hotels/whatsoever nearby. Yer old enough to find and book those on yer own I guess. BUT! _IF_ you want an appartment bed directly at the party place, PM me or one of the other orgas, it's not the cheapest/most comfortable choice, but definetely the closest. There are only about half a dozen beds in the appartment two of which are already booked. Normally we try to hold those back for ppl with long journey (and lay down ourselves at whatever place we find unused in the entrance room). By German fire safety law it is forbidden to make the party hall itself a dormitory. However, we can not prevent that someone who freezes uses a blanket and rests their eyes for a while... I don't think I have to say more, in case of questions, PM me.
As usual there will be a corner fpr the hw gurus who will try their very best to fix your hardware, e.g. they replaced and socketed my CIA in no time last year but also did more tricky soldering jobs like 2nd gen hardware soldering already.
Submitted by TheRyk on 2 November 2014
|Most important info: Unlike procedure in "normal" years, we did not pick the last full but the _VERY_ last weekend in February, so the party will end at 1st of March next year.
Otherwise, most things will be the same as in former years (same location as BCC#8, no entrance fee but donations welcome, remote entries for fame welcome but not awarded material prizes etc.), but we'll provide you with more info soonish/in due time. Just make sure that you keep the date free, that's the main reason for announcing it now.
Looking forward 2 party with you, cheers,
TheRyk for BCC staff