Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #448 : Maniacs of Noise
2010-10-14 20:13
Joe

Group id #448 : Maniacs of Noise

"...Anonymous voting shouldn't be an option."

I do not think transparency is the thing as with a glazed box of intention, rather the ongoing discussion of actions, quality and so forth.
Again, back to real life. I am sure my leftist vote would pick the eyes of several inhabitants and neighbors around me
and so I am comfortable with making those elections anonymous. Now told in a broader public sense though.

As for down voting or making tactical voting, we in Sweden had our fair share of that just this past September.
May it be truthfully someone loving the country, wishing all the foreigners to go away?

Obviously not my standpoint.
I could only argue for its geographical location, the nature, some gloomy light on any autumn day.
As with that, I would be at least as comfortable in Scotland, Great Britain. As for the light in the summer,
that is so fantastic against the clay in Italy and other countries. Regardless any government or how it is constituted.
As for culture? I cannot tell one thing part from another really, the seams are invisible in a general sense.
We still behave in similar ways, certain activities and rituals are the same, may it be language and customs are locally different,
given the global view. Things are both general and specific; people tend to forget those scale differences though.

As with Maniacs of Noise, which it is really about, anyone understanding history and the importance of articulated quality,
which inspired us as young kids running around once, a 2/10 is sounding as a temporary misjudged vote leads to several conclusions in our short lifespan of this scene:

An artist trying ones very best at breaking borders, pretentious or seriously, disliking the past.
An artist trying ones very best at breaking borders, pretentious or seriously, regarding the past (my choice and obviously the continuation of things),
Neither?

During the last year, I could mention several other persons attacked in the same way, with the same ignorance of course,
but they are all too well obvious, made on the same vague choices, as one would vote in any election. History less,
without boundaries and with a preconceived idea that old is not important and that technical achievements are just viewed upon by the maker of things.
Naming them is not the way really, rather on the contrary to fuel engines out of proportion (as have been witnessed just this last week really).

... 3 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-10-14 21:37
Moloch

Quoting Stainless/Paramount
We don't do sane around here.

Sure we do, I'm sane.
2010-10-14 22:26
SIDWAVE
Account closed

If a goth metal fan hears MON music, and dont like it, he is ok to vote 1 for it, simple as that.. :)
2010-10-14 22:27
Frantic

By the way.. another way of extending the way the vote system currently works would be to add the requirement to write a one-line comment together with the vote, and then show vote + comment publicly (even if the voter is anonymous). Then it would be more readily apparent if the voter votes the way he (or SHE?!!!) does because "Fuck! fuck! IT SUUUCKS" (i.e. a downvoter) or if the vote is a more reasonable kind of vote. Of course it wouldn't change the average vote score as such, but at least it would at least add some depth and semantics to the voting. ...and maybe, just maybe, people could start considering that little average score as the most important thing in life and focus a little more on the opinions as such.

Just a thought.. I don't even know if I like it myself or not, but I haven't seen that kind of suggestion before here, so I thought I should mention it at least.
2010-10-14 23:16
GT
Account closed

Quote: If a goth metal fan hears MON music, and dont like it, he is ok to vote 1 for it, simple as that.. :)

This is certainly a 1 out of 10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk
2010-10-14 23:23
GT
Account closed

Hahaha. Love it. Look at the polish kid face expression when he says "I want". That kid was right. Maiden used synthesizers on their next album, Somewhere in Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiy8Ji0EYzo

Is this your uncle, Booker ?
2010-10-15 06:34
booker
Account closed

Shit! Thatz ma daddy!
2010-10-15 07:15
GT
Account closed

Quote: Shit! Thatz ma daddy!

Hehe. :)
2010-10-15 09:49
Slator

even if you are a dark metal industrial techno acid synthpop classic operah fan, then you must not vote a 1 to mon, you always can, but maybe you don't have a clue of the c64 scene or better said the history.

just stay away or don't vote....

but maybe it was jch downvoting them? who knowns....
2010-10-15 13:29
Skate

Thanks to this topic (and Joe for opening it), I just noticed I've not given my 10/10 to MON. Who gives a shit about a sad motherfucker/downvoter. MON rocks!
2010-10-15 13:53
Perplex

Quote: This is certainly a 1 out of 10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk

Agreed. Slightly worse than the original, which I would rate a weak 2.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Unlock/Padua/Albion
Alakran_64
Francesco Sblendorio
zzarko
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Kakka/Extend, Damone..