Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #2206 : Demo of the Year Competition 2014
2015-01-19 08:22
Slator

Event id #2206 : Demo of the Year Competition 2014

Our dear sceners,
a little more than 6 weeks left till the deadline of the compo.

We have some serious stuff coming in already, grab your chance to be part of this event,too.

rules are easy, off you go!

go create!

... 62 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-03-06 19:21
Slator

ok, here we go now, sorry for the delay but we have a life, too and several timezones are between some of our members and us here in europe, so sometimes it just takes some time to get everyone to the keys that is involved.

We agreed to the following new parameters:

1) the deadline will be expanded till may 17th
2) all entries will be released at that day

We know that some people don't like this but we wanted to have some kind of "suprise" at least, this should be our compromise for not waiting too long before seeing the releases.

3) voting will be open for anyone, but you still have to send a message/email to get a votekey as we use our own website for the voting. fakevoting/multi-accounting etc. is not allowed and will lead to a ban
4) voting period will end may 31th. that should give enough time to check the releases
5) the original 4 releases will get a bonus, they will be included in the final demo for sure, even if they were dropping out of the top 10.
6) the final demo will be released as soon as possible after the deadline at the next suitable occasion, which I don't know yet.

we had some troubles to get this competition done, with a member near death during the creation of the invitation and a lot of personal drama, so we got into some not so good position with the timing. We decided to hold the compo after the X-party as the most active people would concentrate onto releasing there anyway. We guessed after X would fit in perfectly, with some parts that didn't make it to a demo, but didn't think of people being "burned" from creating stuff for X, we are not 18 anymore, we have families and x-mas and we should have known.

We hoped for some huge battle, which we still hope to happen :) we don't give up easily...

so, get out your coder-pants, jump into your pixel- and composer-karlsongs and go create.

A huge thanks to the original 4 groups who created something for the compo till now. We are really happy that you support us.
2015-03-06 19:48
PAL

So deadline is on Norways national day - gotta love that! Hope there will be great parts in the demo of the year. We will create a part for sure - just because we want to!
2015-03-06 20:24
CeriX

Glad to see this decision! :-)

Just two more questions:
1. Am I allowed to enter another part? :-)
2. Do entrants also have to send a mail for a votekey or do they get one automatically?
2015-03-06 23:18
Slator

Quote: Glad to see this decision! :-)

Just two more questions:
1. Am I allowed to enter another part? :-)
2. Do entrants also have to send a mail for a votekey or do they get one automatically?

1) you can enter as many parts as you like, but if there are too many then the orga team can preselect :D
2) hell no, you will get a the keys by email before the compo ends
2015-03-06 23:35
Smasher

sorry to hear about the drama, I hope the member with health problems has now recovered 100%.
(small story:) I started my part during xmas holidays for the AFL party and that one got cancelled (btw, happy 30 yrs guys!), then I reconverted it for DOTY... great to hear this event is not cancelled, otherwise someone could start to think I bring misfortune to the scene :)
end of may... uhm... this is a lot of time to keep my very own local support team (my kids and their schoolmates who want to watch the demo on youtube) quiet... :)
2015-03-07 10:27
Shadow
Account closed

As one of the authors of one of the "original four", I think this is a good compromise, guaranteed spot in the final demo is a nice bonus! :)
2015-03-08 08:47
Dr.j

Very Glad for the decision , means Delysid would probably
also participate DOTY compo . btw who is the scener who
was close to to death? i hope he is fine and back to normal
state of health and feels okey. pls send him a package of
health from all the scene ppl
2015-04-09 10:40
Dwangi

Now Revision is over. Support this nice event. Deadline May 17th.
2015-04-09 14:51
CeriX

My second part is almost finished! :-)
Just some polishing, writing a nice tune and implementing the fadeout routine...
2015-04-10 17:57
PAL

May 17th.... oorrgghhh.... gotta come up with something nice too! The scene must have a DOTY every year - it is an institution... in early days we entered and I think we can enter again... would love that!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
fox/bonzai
Dymo/G★P
JackAsser/Booze Design
oziphantom
Viti/Hokuto Force
Britelite/Dekadence