Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #913 : Success
2004-08-17 12:48
CyberBrain
Administrator

Group id #913 : Success

There seems to be some different oppinions about the history of "success". I've been asked several times remove the comments and to clear it up, but since i don't really know anything about the history of success, i can't judge who are right.

So i've moved the comments from the success-record to this topic instead, in hope that those of you who know anything will participate in the discussion, so we can find the truth.

To sum it up: The Arrogance is maintainer of the success-record in CSDb. Raiden believes that what The Arrogance wrote at this record is wrong. The Arrogance doesn't think it's wrong.
CyberBrain
Administrator

User Comment
Submitted by Raiden on 17 July 2004

this story-board does not contain the truth. liars!
CyberBrain
Administrator

User Comment
Submitted by Raiden on 14 August 2004

09/1989:
Success got built by the following members: Holger/Magic Circle/Dynamix. Tim, Fate, Hero/Sharks. Xaver/Baboons. Three guys from Netmen. Brandis/Share. Destroyer/Bionix. TMB/Pulsar and some ex-Savage-members

09/1989:
TJ joined Success. Tanner, Pyle, Roy and MCA joined Success. Reptil renamed into The Arrogance and joined Success. TJ of Success got busted by police on 10/13/1989. TMB, Tim and Brandis got kicked out of Success. Tim joined Royality, TMB joined Arcana.

11/1989:
Roy rejoined Dynamix and AMOK.

12/1989:
Tanner joined X-Ray, Holger/Magic Circle quited the scene and Treat left to join Crest

01/1990:
Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of Success on 1/28/90 after he tried to beat up Macro Nit at the Dominators-Party in randers/denmark and was trying to cheat money for a wellfare-project, but was allowed to re-join a few days later.

02/1990:
Success and X-Ray went into Cooperation. The reason is friendship instead of potential.

03/1990:
TJ joined Arrogance, Authentic Arts and Megablast left Success. Only Thorsten/Arrogance, Thomas/Arrogance and Pyle are left in Success.

07/1990:
Success died for the first time, the Success and X-Ray Cooperation is over.

08/1990:
Thorsten/Arrogance, Thomas/Arrogance and Pyle joined Legend but Thorsten and Pyle both got kicked out a few days later after Powerplant heard about the fact, that Thorsten/Arrogance could not even crack Logo and ripped the Snack-Pack from Snacky/Genesis*Project. Thomas/Arrogance left Legend on his own before he got kicked out.

10/1990:
Thorsten/Arrogance quitted the scene.

04/1991:
Thomas/Arrogance joined Trinity, left again a few days later. Then he joined Pandora and left again after a few days. He asked Enigma to join but they refused. He finally joined Joy Division.

12/1991:
Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of Joy Division
and tried to join Victims, but they rejected and he re-joined X-Ray.
2004-08-17 12:49
CyberBrain
Administrator

User Comment
Submitted by The Arrogance on 17 August 2004

>> 09/1989: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> Success got built by the following members: Holger/Magic Circle/Dynamix. Tim, Fate,
>> Hero/Sharks. Xaver/Baboons. Three guys from Netmen. Brandis/Share. Destroyer/Bionix.
>> TMB/Pulsar and some ex-Savage-members

What happened really in 09/1989 (the truth):
Stet/Sharks (Ex-Shining 8), Tanner/Sharks, TJ/Sharks, Splash/Sharks (Holger and Jörg / Magic Circle renamed into Splash. MCL/Ex- Sharks, Ex-INXS, Ex-X-Ray), Thorsten (Ex- Reptil/Shining 8 and Sharks renamed into The Arrogance), Steel/Ex-Sharks, Rap (Ex-Shining 8 and Sharks), TMB/Pulsar, Tim/Baboons, Hero/Baboons, Treat/Baboons, Fate/Baboons, Xaver/Baboons, The Destroyer/Bionix, Exe/Netmen, Pyle/Netmen, Cosinus/Netmen, John Sinclair/Dynamix (Trisoft), Def/Share, Brandis/Share (Ex-Shining 8), Antares 13/Share, Warlock/Share, Stryker/Share, TCO/Sharks, Yup & Burp/Sharks and Jetblack/Sharks built up Success on the 2nd of September 1989 at the Baboons Party in Eddersheim/Frankfurt/Main. TCO, Yup & Burp, Jetblack and Xaver got kicked out of Success a few days later. Fate left Success and joined Vision without known reason.
All of the aboven named sceners have been at the party personally and can be easily considered as eye-witnesses of what has happened there. Aswell you might read the spread note-file from 09/1989 called "-Success Story!-", which was written by all the members of Success at the Baboons-Party! Any doubt does not really make sense, does it Raiden ?! You are so dumb.

>> 09/1989: Raiden's wrong and therefore unproven assumptions:
>> TJ joined Success. Tanner, Pyle, Roy and MCA joined Success. Reptil renamed into The
>> Arrogance and joined Success. TJ of Success got busted by police on 10/13/1989. TMB, Tim
>> and Brandis got kicked out of Success. Tim joined Royality, TMB joined Arcana.

What happened really in 09/1989 (the truth):
TJ, Tanner and Pyle did not join Success at all, because they were members of the group since the very first second anyway. Just read my last text-part explaining who built up Success and who didn't.
Roy and MCA did not join Success in 09/1989, but somewhen between the end of october and november 1989. For proofs you might just read Roy's Coococ #7 to #9 (uploaded to CSDb by me), written by Roy himself. In issue #8 (released on the 21.10.1989 by Roy/Dynamix and F4CG) everyone can easily see that Roy was still a member of Dynamix. Just try to find anything in the text that may let you come to the idea that Roy was part of Success at that time (of course, you won't find anything). Now to issue #9 of Coococ (released on the 18.11.1989 by Roy/Dynamix and F4CG).. Quote Roy/Dynamix (Coococ, issue #9, 18.11.1989): "Then you must know that i left Success and rejoined Dynamix. Also i will help OMG of Amok with his Sex'n'Crime in future. The best joined the best.. shit is the rest" and so on... read it for yourself.. issues from #7 to #9 were uploaded to CSDb.
By the way, issues #7 was just uploaded to let people decide for themselve, what Roy/Radar's so-called career is all about. Looks like he already forgot what he has written himself into those early issues of Coococ. Read for yourself and have a good laugh! ;o)
Some more facts: Neither Tim, nor Brandis were kicked out of Success. Tim just left Success a few month later to rebuild his old group Baboons, as he just wasn't satisfied with the low effort of the Success-members releasing some Demos and therefore more being a Cracking-group only, unlike planned in the beginning to participate into the cracking- and the demoscene! About Brandis.. i will just say this.. i don't know how many musics from Brandis, especially "Fade to grey", "The Model" and others we have used in our intros and other releases, as we really loved his music and none of us would have ever questioned his skills since he released his first tunes for Shining 8. Brandis just quit the scene because of losing interest into computing and definitly never was kicked out of Success. Everyone else saying that he was kicked out of Success does not know jackshit and is just a liar. Fuck you!!!

>> 11/1989:
>> Roy rejoined Dynamix and AMOK.

Fine with me.

>> 12/1989:
>> Tanner joined X-Ray, Holger/Magic Circle quited the scene and Treat left to join Crest

Fine with me. Don't ask me what is so special about this.. ask Raiden what he wants to tell you with this.

>> 01/1990: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of Success on 1/28/90 after he tried to beat up Macro Nit at >> the Dominators-Party in randers/denmark and was trying to cheat money for a wellfare-project, >> but was allowed to re-join a few days later.

What happened really in 12/1989 (the truth):
Completely bullshit, as Thorsten/Arrogance was already kicked out at the Dominators-Party in Randers (12/1989) for his bad behaviour and not, like Raiden wants to make you believe, 4 weeks later. He rejoined Success just a few days later after we had discussed the things that had happened and Thorsten finally had repented his fault. It never was a question if he could rejoin Success, because the whole group was based on friendship and it never was like kicking out someone you wouldn't care about, but just the question when he would accept that he had done something wrong and afterwards returning to the motherhood Success. And therefore it is more than ridiculous if someone prefers believing into lies made up by Raiden, who wasn't part of the group, instead of me, being there all the time as a member having huge influence when all those major decisions were made. But what should someone think of a lamer like Raiden, hiding behind a handle he had never used in the C64-scene ?! Yep, someone that was a benfit to the scene would not need to hide his lame ass...

>>02/1990: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> Success and X-Ray went into Cooperation. The reason is friendship instead of potential.

The truth:
Well, judging about two groups having a cooperation based on friendship, but lacking potential, the coop has been in the top-10 of all major magazine's far too long... neither Success, nor X-Ray were lacking potential, otherwise all other people voting them into the charts must have been completely stupid, unlike our dear friend Raiden, who was the only one realizing the real truth. How could someone be as horrible stupid as Raiden is ?! May someone please slap Raiden's neck, as slapping the mentally weak ones neck is said to increase the functionality of their brain in a positive way?
Just take a look at the charts of all major magazines released at that time...

>> 03/1990: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> TJ joined Arrogance, Authentic Arts and Megablast left Success. Only Thorsten/Arrogance,
>> Thomas/Arrogance and Pyle are left in Success.

The truth:
Bullshit again, as TJ joined The Arrogance long before 03/1990 and already released many cracks that can be downloaded here at CSDb. The rest is fine with me.

>> 07/1990:
>> Success died for the first time, the Success and X-Ray Cooperation is over.

Raiden, i am quite sure that the audience is not enjoying your stories about things everybody knows already anyway. (Can be read in "The End / Success from 1989", downloadable here at CSDb)

>> 08/1990: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> Thorsten/Arrogance, Thomas/Arrogance and Pyle joined Legend but Thorsten and Pyle both got >> kicked out a few days later after Powerplant heard about the fact, that Thorsten/Arrogance could >> not even crack Logo and ripped the Snack-Pack from Snacky/Genesis*Project.
>> Thomas/Arrogance left Legend on his own before he got kicked out.

The truth:
Doesn't it just sound strange that only Thorsten and Pyle should have been kicked out of Legend, but
Thomas/Arrogance was allowed to stay ?! Furthermore, why should Pyle have been kicked out, if it was Thorsten who failed on cracking Logo ?! Does this make any sense ?! No, of course, it doesn't. Whatever happened these days remains not known to the public. And definitly not known to our dumb Raiden. Furthermore, after Thorsten and Pyle weren't members of Legend anymore, Thomas left Legend as there wasn't any reason for him to stay in Legend after his friends weren't part of the group anymore. Thomas/Arrogance joined The Fleet of X-Ray, Pyle joined Crazy and Thorsten/Arrogance quit the scene.

>> 10/1990: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> Thorsten/Arrogance quitted the scene.

The truth:
Bullshit, as Thorsten had already quit the scene directly after the story with Legend, being fed up with all the scene-crap.

>> 04/1991: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> Thomas/Arrogance joined Trinity, left again a few days later. Then he joined Pandora and left
>> again after a few days. He asked Enigma to join but they refused. He finally joined Joy Division.

The truth:
Seems like some people are lacking simple and basic mathematic skills, just like Raiden,
who failed with his calculation, not taking care of the fact, that issue #6 of X-Ray's magazine Bild Zeitung was released in Juli 1991 by The Arrogance. Therefore he cannot have joined any of the groups upthere in April 1991. Do i have to go further ?! Don't think so... pathetic little Raiden.
By the way, i have never asked anyone in Enigma to join their group, this is a complete lie, but Raiden, if it would have been the way you said, it shouldn't be a problem to name the person i should have asked and got my refuse from as a reply, now should it ?! Waiting for your fairy-tale.. dumb ass, you should not have pulled other people into it that could easily be asked. Adding the truth to Raiden's assumptions: I did not join Trinity, but built up that group with some others month later then Raiden is claiming and i left Trinity after a few days. True is that i was part of Pandora, but don't ask me for how long, as i left the group quite early again, just released a few games for Pandora, not being satisified with the group and afterwards built up Joy Division with Jihad and LTH, but left the group again as our First-Releases were released under some lame US-Label and therefore destroyed the good start of the group. By the way, also Jihad left the group at the same time for the same reasons. He is my witness, easily to be asked about the truth. But hey, dumb Raiden, all this did not happen in 04/1991, but a lot later, but how should you slut know... just pulling lies about certain people and their groups.

>> 12/1991: Raiden's wrong and therefore of course unproven assumptions:
>> Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of Joy Division
>> and tried to join Victims, but they rejected and he re-joined X-Ray.

The truth:
The Arrogance was never kicked out of Joy Division, because The Arrogance left the group, just like Jihad
did. Besides that, The Arrogance was part of the leading council and therefore could have never been kicked
out. Simply pathetic bullshit made up by Raiden, nothing more. The story about The Arrogance being refused to join
to Victims can be read in Bild Zeitung, but nevertheless i will tell it again. Before Victims was build up, Roy/Radar
called me and asked me if i would be interested to build up some new group with guys from Censor and Extacy. But at
that time i did not believe that he would get the guys he had told to build up that group and refused. After i had left Joy Division
i called Roy and asked him if the offer is still valid and he told me, that all Victims-members had made up the decision not to
take anymore members, as they already had everything in the group they needed. Thus is was ok for me and Roy and i
rejoined X-Ray for good. That's it all about the rumour being refused... anything left Raiden ?! No problem, i am waiting for
your next attempt to bring up lies about certain sceners! You're welcome.
2004-08-17 13:15
TDJ

Wow .. (gets himself some popcorn, waiting for the next round) .. and they haven't even brought up guys like Trap or the dutch members. This rules!

Fight! Fight! Fight!
2004-08-17 14:18
Dishy

Quote: Wow .. (gets himself some popcorn, waiting for the next round) .. and they haven't even brought up guys like Trap or the dutch members. This rules!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Yep TDJ, could actually be cool to see Trap/SCS/Bonzai in here at CSDb. Where´re the rest of Bonzai these days anyway? Miss those guys sometimes. Infact Trap also released Lethal News under the Success label, so maybe some facts could be found there too?!?

Anyway, where is Radar these days?

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****
2004-08-17 14:36
TDJ

Quote: Yep TDJ, could actually be cool to see Trap/SCS/Bonzai in here at CSDb. Where´re the rest of Bonzai these days anyway? Miss those guys sometimes. Infact Trap also released Lethal News under the Success label, so maybe some facts could be found there too?!?

Anyway, where is Radar these days?

It's been more than 9 years ago that I last spoke with Jesper (Trap), at that time I was a member of Bonzai pc. Don't know where he is these days, maybe Torben (Metal) knows, although it's been quite some time since I last spoke with him as well.

Damn, I'm losing touch ..

As for Radar:
<sarcasm>
well, who would have guessed he would only stay around for a short time?
</sarcasm>
2004-08-17 14:55
Rough
Account closed

Interesting topic for scene historians like I am.

Radar/Roy was always an idiot with a big mouth, lamed around on the boards, got crushed and after a while came back with an even bigger mouth. I remember he called me once and when I asked him where he got the # from, he said he hacked it from some com. He simply asked Psychobilly/Hysteric. Hahahaha, what a fake.
2004-08-18 13:37
CyberBrain
Administrator

Anyway, back on topic :)
The history of success... Who is right? Are there any errors in what The Arrogance wrote at the success-record?
2004-08-18 14:17
Metal
Account closed

I have no idea where Trap is today.. however Jeff has been in touch with Ricky, THA and Trap not that long ago. Maybe he knows something.
2004-08-18 17:04
The Arrogance

The first and last time (actually too bad we didn't meet again) i had personally contact with Jesper/Trap (and Sonny) was at the Dominators/Upfront/Trilogy Party in Randers 12/1989.. one of those meetings i will never forget, as Trap already announced to me, days and weeks before the party, that we would booze like hell and would become so god damn horrible damaged drunk, therefore calling it "being passed out" afterwards would definitly fit the situation. But at this time it wasn't yet completely clearly to me what he meant with that. However, I should have learned it the fast and rough way, the boozing-Trap-way, him being my teacher. I do not remember exactly anymore, but it must have been a whole palet of beer we were drinking at that one evening.. well, Fox/Upfront/Dominators was the third one to booze with us. And as a final summit the three drunk bastards were sitting in one small toilet and smoked some Pot to complete the day. Afterwards we were just laying down on the floor behind the rest of the Success-Posse to finally get some sleep before hangover was almost killing us, at least me.

Yep, these are the memories, which i connect with some danish-party-maniac called "Trap"! Hell yeah, we had our fun!

T.
2004-08-18 18:43
CyberBrain
Administrator

i've e-mailed Trap.
Please keep Roy=Radar out of this, unless it's relevant.

Ok, i've tried to organize what it's about. Maybe i missed something.
It shows both oppinions, and what info there is in CSDb right now (could be very wrong).

Who formed success?
-------------------

1) Holger/Magic Circle/Dynamix. Tim, Fate, Hero/Sharks. Xaver/Baboons. Three guys from Netmen. Brandis/Share. Destroyer/Bionix. TMB/Pulsar and some ex-Savage-members

2) Stet/Sharks (Ex-Shining 8), Tanner/Sharks, TJ/Sharks, Splash/Sharks (Holger and Jörg / Magic Circle renamed into Splash. MCL/Ex- Sharks, Ex-INXS, Ex-X-Ray), Thorsten (Ex- Reptil/Shining 8 and Sharks renamed into The Arrogance), Steel/Ex-Sharks, Rap (Ex-Shining 8 and Sharks), TMB/Pulsar, Tim/Baboons, Hero/Baboons, Treat/Baboons, Fate/Baboons, Xaver/Baboons, The Destroyer/Bionix, Exe/Netmen, Pyle/Netmen, Cosinus/Netmen, John Sinclair/Dynamix (Trisoft), Def/Share, Brandis/Share (Ex-Shining 8), Antares 13/Share, Warlock/Share, Stryker/Share, TCO/Sharks, Yup & Burp/Sharks and Jetblack/Sharks

CSDb) T.J., Brandis, Stet, Exe, RAP, Steel, Pyle, The Arrogance

When did people join Success?
-----------------------------

1) TJ, Tanner, Pyle, Roy, MCA, Reptil (renamed into The Arrogance) joined success in September 1989.

2) TJ, Tanner, Pyle was allready in success coz they founded the group.
Roy and MCA joined success between the end of October 1989 and the end of November 1989.

CSDb) TJ, Tanner, Pyle formed success. Roy, MCA joined October 1989.

Who got kicked out of Success?
------------------------------

1) TMB, Tim, Brandits got kicked out of success in September 1989.

2) Tim left success. Brandits quit the scene. (TMB unknown)

CSDb)

When did Thorsten/Arrogance get kicked out of success?
------------------------------------------------------

1) Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of success on 28/01/90

2) Thorsten/Arrogance got kicked out of success before xx/12/89 (Dominators/Upfront/Trilogy Party 1989). He rejoined Success a few days later.

CSDb)

When did Success and X-Ray start their coop?
--------------------------------------------

1) Febuary 1990

2) (unknown)

CSDb) 1990

When did TJ join "arrogance"?
-----------------------------

1) March 1990

2) long before March 1990

CSDb)

When did Thorsten/Arrogance quit the scene?
-------------------------------------------

1) October 1990

2) August 1990 (after the incident with Legend)

CSDb)

What groups did Thomas/Arrogance joine/quit and when?
-----------------------------------------------------

1) April 1991: Thomas/Arrogance joined Trinity. Left Trinity a few days later. Joined Pandora. Left Pandora a few days later. Was refused to join Enigma. Joined Joy Division.

2) April 1991: Thomas/Arrogance was in X-Ray. He could not join other groups.
Months later: Thomas/Arrogance formed Trinity (with some other guys)
?: Thomas/Arrogance joined Pandora. Left Pandora a few days later.

CSDb) Trinity was formed by Nigga in 1991.

What groups did Thorsten/Arrogance joine/quit and when?
-------------------------------------------------------

1) December 1991: Thorsten/Arrogance was kicked out of Joy Division.
Thorsten/Arrogance asked to join Victims, but was rejected.
Thorsten/Arrogance re-joined X-Ray.

2) ? : Thorsten/Arrogance left Joy Division.
Thorsten/Arrogance asked to join Victims, but was rejected.
Thorsten/Arrogance re-joined X-Ray.

CSDb)

so in the last one they allmost agree. :)

Now try to all stay calm and relax. I don't want any more insults in this topic.
2004-08-19 02:52
The Arrogance

I just want to let you know that i had some mail-exchange with Hartmut alias Roy/Radar yesterday.. due to this there's not a big chance left that Roy/Radar is Raiden, tough you never can be 100% sure. According to Radar, he got an e-mail, sent by Raiden, complaining about that i would be talking bad about Radar behind his back. Therefore Radar got interested and sent me an e-mail to ask me what this is all about. I did not have a problem to let him know how all that senseless crap with Raiden started and furthermore also told him, that i assumed Radar and Raiden to be one and the same person, in this case Hartmut himself. He replied per e-mail, giving me some serious and in my eyes thrustable reasons why he is not Raiden and therefore the topic was cleared. According to Radar, Raiden is some guy called Richard (real name), who was a former member of Eaglesoft Inc., using the handle Captain Kidd. When he moved to the PC-scene, he should have been a member of Dominators PC and Class PC, according to Radar and Raiden himself. Maybe some Dominators-members or former members onhere know something about it. Indeed, logically this brings up the question, at least it did for me, what the hell has a former member of Eaglesoft to do with Success that he worries in such an agitating and eagerly way about the Success record? Does not make any sense, does it ?! Whatever, some people are said to do wierd things when they get older... by the way, i don't believe any american to know such detailed information about people that have just been in the group for a day when the group was formed. This stuff is the kind of data that even i don't remember completely anymore, as it was of no importance anyway. Thus, how should some American know, who even never was a member of the group at anytime ?! He cannot know. This makes sense, nothing else.

Regards,
T.
2004-08-19 10:34
Captain Kidd
Account closed

Arrogance: Why is it that I am getting that much of importance from you now? You would be better by just keeping the bowles to undertown und forget about your gracefully failed past - will you?

Instead of blowing insults out of your mouth - you will be better by going and check the local press for announcements which might help retarded men to find back into real life.

In comparisation to any other scener I know from the past you are the only one who is still struggling for his selfish and own personality - which you never earned in the past and still need - even after the decade has been ended in eternity for others a long time ago.

Leave me alone with any of your stupid lyrics which are filled with insults and personal attacks. Do you feel better now, after you just stepped closer to the zenith of my identity? Congratulations! I forgot: do not even dare to threat me on life again.

It is quite obvious to see that you will not just stand up and try to correct irregular memories of anybody and everybody, but you will keep on drilling into big walls in the hope of finding more brillant informations about people who do not want that.

If you are that loyal scener you claim to be - keep my name and my history out of this conversation and I will be glad to fullfill your lacks. Otherwise I will be glad to just hide concerning this conversation and look at your words from upstairs of the building. It does not matter if you like me and my past or if you just spot at it with jealousy deep inside your eyes - the scene used to be built on loyality to each sceners identity and his work. Only in respect to that old law I will have a talk to you on here.

But to make it easier for all of you: Check out old magazines from the past as there will be words telling the story of each group. Some are biased on lies - others are just facted - others are fictious. Everybody can create his own conclusion by doing this and everything has two sides of a story. It is the same old riding on wild horses we had already in the past.
2004-08-19 11:59
Hero

Raiden?? who are you?? geee... The Arrogance got a name in the history........... Never heard about you! so take it easy dude :)

Long time since i have been at CSDB!

Got my 3 girl in june!! tjhoohoo.... cant make a BOY! hehe

Hi to all my friends

Harry

ILLUSION #1
2004-08-19 12:08
The Elegance

Who cares about a lamer hiding behind a fake nick insulting people without providing any proofs.

Raiden, if your insults are based on facts name any other scener or magazine which supports your theory. Your flaming makes me feel that you are just searching for a forum to start an ungentlemanly battle against the arrogance.

And if that's the case, we better close this topic ignoring your filth.
2004-08-19 18:39
Trap
Account closed

Hi Guys,

CyberBrain mailed me and asked to check this thread and give some feedback on the very, very few things I remember from that time in my life :)
Oh man, I remember that party where we boozed out - the horror :) ... Sonny to this day claims I knocked one of the Trilogy guys out because he told me to turn down the ghettoblaster. Woohooo, those were the days. So much older, so much wiser now 8|

Well, as for sorting out history ... erhm, I remember that Sonny and I joined Success. It was a few months before that infamous party. I can't remember when we left again, but it was shortly after we started the SCS+TRC co-op.
Eeeeeh, what other parts are missing? I'll see if I can remember.

So funny to see you guys here in this forum - reaaaaaaally takes me on a freaky ride down memory lane :D
As for me ... I'm working for a top IT company today. Have my little family (1 girlfriend, 1 son)... my passion these days? Well, since the C64 there's nothing like going to the max at trackdays (motorcycles).

What about you guys?

Feel free to mail me if you like: jesper@vfr.dk

Cheers ol' mates!!!

Trap Crap Wrap *cough* ... still got it. LOL.
2004-08-19 19:49
TDJ

Jesper! :)

Nice seeing you around here, stick around will you? Who knows, there may be another scrolltext you can help me write in the near future :)

Still I have to disagree with you, the SCS+TRC coop didn't start until much later, cooked up in the back of a bus with dutch sceners coming back from the Party 3 if I'm correct. CBA knows for sure.
2004-08-19 20:43
Zarch

Cool seeing you here Jesper! :o) I was just updating your profile a bit, but I guess you should rather do that yourself now :o) Hmmm.. you probably lost every memory about me by today - after all, it has been more than a couple of years :o) But we had some nice computing sessions back in the days when you lived in Aabenraa, and we were hanging around with Wiz (Allan Jensen), Lars Kim Lund (New Style) among others - yes, the glory Amiga days... Vendetta.. Triflex.. Business After Dark... Vixen... Haderslev Computer Club.. We had a long talk about the C64 scene, you were in Bonzai and were kinda embarrased about your early days in Razor Express :o) I am sure something might ring a bell :o) I still love the module you did for the Trap&Wiz Amiga coop demo :o) - I even still have some of your modules in case you lost them and are interested, just throw me a PM :o)
2004-08-20 09:11
Dishy

Actually, I think it could be rather relevant to see Radar/Roy´s opinion about all this scene-history talk. After all he IS an old Success member, which is what we could need right now! And Raiden indeed have mentioned Roy in his explanation, about what did happen to Success and its members back then.

Maybe Radar/Roy has the same opinion as The Arrogance, maybe he has the same opinion as Raiden - or a mix. Lets see.

So maybe someone should get Radar in here. He used to be here quite a lot for a period, and I´m sure he would like to tell his opinion! Haven´t seen him in here for quite sometime now.

So come on Radar and take a look at all this - break in, and let´s get all this cleared up;-)

Regards,

Dishy

2004-08-20 09:47
Dishy

BTW - great to see Trap in here. Now we just need the rest of the Bonzai gang in here;-)

Also Hero/ILS is around here again - nice! And congratulations! Just found some old spread-disks from you from early 1992, when we swapped.. When Illusion was rebuild... Those were the days;-)

2004-08-20 11:22
Mason

heh Im still trying to find Illusion stuff from 89/90/91 - and thats a tough one.

@Trap: great to see you here
2004-08-21 05:31
The Arrogance

Raiden, you're really asking questions, where no questions have to be asked at all... you're getting exactly that much attention from me that is needed to point out that what you're trying to make the people believe, is simply not true, wherever you might have got your information from. It is wrong. Definitly. And by the way, wasn't it you to write at the Success-Record, that it is not containing the truth and the ones that have written it should be liars ?! Focus must be set on your statement, that i should be a liar, that is just following some selfish reasons. Forget about my gracefully failed past ?! Dude, what the hell are you talking about, Richard ?! Just in case, that i may follow your assumptions about things i don't have the slighest idea about right now.

Instead of blowing insults out of my mouth... Raiden, did you actually check your last entry in this Forum ?! Because if you would have done so, you might have recognized, that it is actually YOU who is always leaving a certain polite level just to attack me with all those empty phrases about having some serious problem and being in need of professional help and so on.. tough i never had any problem with conversations on such a low level, as all the people talking to me in that way, did never know jackshit about me personally and therefore couldn't harm me, whatever they tried to pull against me! So, maybe YOU should stop advising me to read local newspapers to find help getting back into real life, as this is simply pathetic and childish. And knowing that you must have almost reached the age of 40, it is even more senseless. Try to communicate like an adult would do, will you ?!

Raiden, it might be your very own decision to compare any scener to whomever you want to, but please, don't come up with any comparisation about me. You want to know why ?! Easy, because you don't know anything about me.. nothing at all! You did neither talk to me personally at anytime, nor did we ever trade anything. So, what is it you could compare me with to anyone else ?! Calling me looking gayish in your opinion is ridiculous anyway, because just like i already pointed out, you don't and didn't know anything about me at all, just like i did never ever waste a single thought about you either, you were simply not existing for me after all, as i have never heard of you before. Therefore i get the feeling that it is you who is following some uncertain trace about someone he had a problem with back then in late 1988 or 1989.. maybe Thorsten or someone else being on your conferences, i don't know, and if it was me, hell i could care less, as all this happened 15 years ago.

I can easily tell you what i felt after stepping closer to the socalled zenith of your identity. You were calling me being the only one that is still struggling for for his selfish personality, but than asking me how i would feel, now after i would have steeped closer to the zenith of your identity ?! Well, i think i don't have to repeat the definition of a big-headed-ego here, do i ?! The zenith of your identity... tzzzz.... get real. And before forgetting it aswell: Do not dare to threat me either. Neither in real life, nor anywhere else.

You are wrong, of course i am willing to correct irregular memories, if someone might bring up facts combined with proofs saying so, but surely not, if someone like you comes up with assumptions and all the proofs he got is the word that i should be a liar. This is kiddie-stuff i am not willing to participate.. and just to let you know, it never was my intention to find any information about people who do not want their information to be find, but don't even try to make that example being valid for you, as it was you, who was trying to bore me with his socalled importance and i would be the only one who would not know who you are. Furthermore, it was you aswell, who tried to make some bells ring with the comment, that he was a former member of Dominators PC and Class PC, weren't you ?!

Looking at my words from upstairs of the building ?! Is it any obligation for you to always use these empty phrases ?! Raiden, again, repeating myself, no problem, i will keep your name and your history out of whatever if you will stop manipulating my and my groups history in return. Easy as that, isn't it ?! And you can be more than sure, i am definitly not spotting at your history with jealousy, as i do not know anything about your socalled benefits to the scene anyway and therefore again it does not make any sense at all to complain about me not likeing you or your past..

Off for some work,
T.

P.S. Just wrote a message to CyberBrain already, mentioning that the fact about the 4 Sharks members (Stet, Tanner, TJ and Splash) leaving The Sharks can be read in the scrolltext of the Success Release "Captain Fizz" (available here at CSDb) from early September 1989.

Furthermore a complete Success-Memberlist can be read in "Faith" (available at CSDb), released at 16.09.1989. There you won't find neither MCA nor Roy in the memberlist. Of course not, as they weren't members of the group.

And as a last effort, i have found and uploaded the original -Success Story!- File from 04.09.1989, that was spread with the very first Success-Spread-Disk from September 1989!

And CyberBrain, don't get me wrong, but this Forum turns out to look like some cheap Quiz-Show.. asking everyone to contribute his assumption about a certain group's history. Therefore the whole idea with its good meant intention already slipped out of your hands.. just see for an example, i would never dare to make up any assumption about Ilusion's or Dominator's history, just because i cannot know.. how could i dare, not being a member of the group at anytime ?! Maybe you should just face the fact, that someone being part of the group since the very first day and therefore being a serious source, cannot be set on the same level like a source Raiden is for a group he has never been part of. Just think about it.
2004-08-21 05:40
The Arrogance

I guess what Jesper meant was the start of the cooperation between Success and X-Ray, as this would fit into the time Sonny and him left Success.

Anyway, Hi Jesper, nice to read you here! ;o)

Regards,
T.
2004-08-21 07:01
TDJ

Quote: I guess what Jesper meant was the start of the cooperation between Success and X-Ray, as this would fit into the time Sonny and him left Success.

Anyway, Hi Jesper, nice to read you here! ;o)

Regards,
T.

Yeh, I came to the same conclusion :)
2004-08-21 09:01
Radar
Account closed

@Hero:
Harry, hope you and your wife do good (heard about your girl, cool).

@Rough:
About your comment? Shove it right up into your ass. Lamer (always been and always will be).

@The Dark Judge:
[sarcasm]
I know we love eachother.
[/sarcsam]

@The Arrogance:
I actually agree with most of the stuff you said about success. There just are some details Im not sure about, but who cares. Not worth talking about it anymore.

@Raiden:
Read my Mail.

@All the rest:
Grow up.

Off again!
2004-08-21 18:27
The Arrogance

@ Hero: Alternation is not your thing, is it, Harry ?! ;)
But anyway, congratulation for another one of those blond
and beautiful skandinavian girls! ;)

@ Radar: Hartmut, thanks for your honest answer!

L8er,
T.
2004-08-23 13:59
Cmr
Account closed

The people who have visited the Baboons party in Eddersheim, know how it really started with Success. I support The Arrogance in his story, I remember the guys talking to me about Success.
2004-09-02 22:20
CyberBrain
Administrator

The matter is setteled, and you can now gladly thrust what The Arrogance has written at the success record. It's the truth.
2004-09-21 12:23
Raze

Being member of X-Ray and later on Success and knowing most of the guys I support Arrogance´s version of the story, too. Maybe Raiden was bitchslapped on some US board by Arrogance at that time and now tries to have his late revenge. Still haven´t learned a thing then.
@Arro: Don´t start boasting too much about boozing... ;-)

@Radar: Nice to meet you again here! Are you still calling Antidote?

@The Elegance: Ex- D-Sign/X-Ray? Nice to see you again! I really liked your logos! Still have that paper drawing you once made!

Raze
2004-09-23 17:22
The Arrogance

Peter, no i do not remember any trouble with that guy at all, because until 2004 i didn't even know that he was existing! ;) But regarding the mail-exchange i had with him, i guess he had some problem with Thorsten.. at least he disliked/dislikes him. Whatever, i could care less.

L8er, T.
2004-12-13 18:36
Dishy

Hi Tom,

Airwolf/GP is missing on the SCS memberlist, I think. He has probably been a member in 1993 for a short while!??! At least I´ve got a spread-disk from him with SCS stuff from my time in Dominators! On the disk is also a 1st-release cracked by Micron/SCS and supplied by Nightshade!

I´ll mail it for you, if I ever I get my c64 stuff transfered! Guess I just need to get startet once for all!

(Guess I´ve got about 500 disks with cracks(also lots of originals), demos, mags etc.. Also I´ve got lots of old tapes with cracks(and originals!!) Some at my own place, but probably also some at my father and probably some at my mother too.. So I´ll just need to find all of it, and start to transfer!

BTW. I´ve also tons of covers..)

2004-12-13 22:57
The Arrogance

Thanx Dishy, you are right, i remember that he was part of the rebuilt Success for a while.. i will add him to the list.

And yes, you are welcome to mail me what is missing here.
Thanx for your effort. ;)

L8er,
T.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
hedning/G★P
zscs
Peacemaker/CENSOR/Hi..
Jazzcat/Onslaught
Matt
Guests online: 116